Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
smalex

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by smalex »

Well I bought the paper mache shells :lol:. Then just painted them up.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Oooo, lovely!
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Pretty, smal!

Shoe, we need more crochet crop top/jumper pics. I was worried about the gaps between stitches giving lots of glimpses of bra, but yours looks amazing - am I worried about nothing, or are you stitching tightly?
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I think I have a very tight stitch naturally. :)) Obviously I didn't do the gauge thing and work up a small piece first to check my tension which is why I think it might be snug.

As requested, progress: I'm wearing a black bra so you can sightly see it but not much. I'd wear a vest under it anyway, I think.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Also, the woman who made the pattern is doing an update which has a scooped neckline instead. I think it looks better so check it out before you start a pattern in case you prefer it too.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Scoop neck version
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I love it, Shoe! You're making great progress an' all. Are you just picking random colours or do you have a plan?

Is the pattern size based on clothing (8/10, etc) or just measurements? I do like the look of that scoop neck, being incredibly behind with all my craft projects may end up working out. :))
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I have no plan, I'm just being random.

I'm doing an xs because someone said it fits them and they're 5'6" and a size 10 so I figured it would fit me. :)) There are proper measurements too in inch/cm.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I like your thinking. :)) I could not love it more, I was planning to copy the colours of the one in the pattern but your rainbow palette is just JOY.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I love it, Shoe!
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I would absolutely not copy me. The ends are endless. :lol:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Rainbow dress 🌈

It’s my third jersey dress from a pattern house I like and I think I’ve found a style that suits me. I’ve also adjusted the pattern a bit based on the previous two.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I’m going to do it again in this fabric. :weewee:
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I really love that style, WJ. You can't beat a nice jersey dress. It's going to be gorgeous in the lemon print.
rosy

Post by rosy »

That’s lovely! Where is the pattern from?
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

It’s the Ellie & Mac Sweetie Pie dress.

I’m a bit behind the TMT lemon dress curve but I saw the fabric in a magazine and it looks so lovely.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Thanks, they have some lovely patterns. I’m going to get back into sewing clothes this year, I’m determined.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

They do ‘wacky’ patterns every week, where they reduce a handful to about $1, so I’ve picked up a few along the way for pence. I then send the A0 version off for printing as life is too short for printing A4 and sticking it together.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

The lemon material reminded me of us being on holiday and Sproglete telling me I looked like the (lemon themed) clock when I put on my lemon print dress. :lol:
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

I love the lemon print, and shoe's jumper.

I HAVE LOST MY MIIIIND AND MY EYYEEEES. I did something wrong v early on, and this led to some knock on issues with fitting the whole thing together :lol: I have used pliers and files, and some dismantled clothes pegs and everything is FINE NOW. I still have a outer frame and some pretty stuff to stick on, and the door,but LOOK
IMG_20210403_173532.jpg
IMG_20210403_173914.jpg
IMG_20210403_174231.jpg