Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
H1ppychick

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by H1ppychick »

I had fun at my stained glass workshop today, the instructor was very clear with how to do each step, helpful if people were uncertain about anything, and everyone in the class made finished pieces.

My soldering is still not great, and we ran out of time at the end so I need to spend a few minutes tomorrow cleaning up some of the cement from nooks and corners when it’s dried out a bit more, cleaning off some of the lead polish (since every time I touch it I come away with black marks) then polish all the glass up with cleaner. I might also take another pic in daylight once that’s done to show the colours better, as the dark green and side edges aren’t showing up well in this one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

wrong thread
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

H1ppychick wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:30 pm wrong thread
Why? Surely this exactly the right thread. Isn't it?

For stained glass ... Or did I miss something? :look:

:lol:
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

That's really nice, HC. Sounds like a good day. I might sign up in the future for that.
Malan
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

wendy james wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:58 pm Bean showed us how to make a simple notebook.
They are lovely. Bean the bookmaker :love:
Malan
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

overthehill wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:04 am
H1ppychick wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:30 pm wrong thread
Why? Surely this exactly the right thread. Isn't it?

For stained glass ... Or did I miss something? :look:

:lol:

It was a Strictly comment that I put here by mistake :))
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’m doing a workshop next weekend to make a resin art serving tray which I’m quite excited about. Also taught myself some basic crochet and made a blanket. If you don’t look too closely it’s ok (it’s folded in four there and is much bigger)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

That’s lovely, Est!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

That's pretty HC, and that looks great Est!

The lack of washing machine has been holding me up, but I sent all my winter/Christmas fabric with P to the launderette today. I have lots planned - a hoodie for me, a dress/tunic each for the girls, a knit tunic for me and a long-sleeved jersey top in a penguin fabric for me.

The 'treasure' that Bean referred to the other day was me finally getting out a load of craft stuff my mum gave me years ago. She recognised what it could be used for better than me. So now we have a Sizzex die cutter, a load of punches/embossing things, some texture plates and so many scissors I sent some home with Bean. :lol:

We also found a shedload more buttons in there, and we've recently purchased a guillotine and laminator so I think we're good for now. :lol:
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

:lol:. Zirk was very puzzled when we were unpacking, 'where did all these scissors come from?' :puddled:
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Here’s my resin tea tray I made. I’m a bit disappointed with my colour choices (I used purple, pink and silver) as the silver really overtook the rest, but I like it. It looks quite lunar to me. I shall use it as an afternoon snack board for with wine.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Ooh that's really pretty Est! Must have been fun to do too.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

That’s pretty est!
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

That is pretty. It does look lunar.

My colleague, S, was installed as the new Lady Captain of our local golf club today. When she realised she needed a blazer for the role, she asked if I thought she would be able to make one. She only started sewing just before the lockdown, last year, and has mainly been making facemasks, so I offered to make the blazer for her. Unfortunately, we were away in the UK for a couple of weeks and, then, as soon as we got back, she went away on holiday. She got back with only a week to spare before she needed the jacket, so I've been burning the midnight oil a bit to get it ready. She's twisting awkwardly in the photo, so it looks like the blazer is all crooked, but she does look pleased as punch, doesn't she? :)) (Also, the mannequin is very tiny.)
lady-captain.jpg
lady-captain-blazer.jpg
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

That's pretty Est. I've always fancied giving resin a go but it's so bad for you! I don't have the space for ventilated work rooms and all the PPE you need.

A blazer seems so difficult - well done OTH.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

This was apparently art grade resin which didn’t need heat curing or anything and is lower risk. It didn’t smell either. We were in an outdoor covered area doing it too. I’d be keen to do it again and do something blue/white/ocean type colours.

A blazer is very impressive, OTH!
rosy

Post by rosy »

Lovely tailoring, oth!

I have a commission from Lily to do; I will show you if she is happy for me to do so. I need to go to hobbycraft tomorrow for bugle beads.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Turtle Bean wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:59 pm :lol:. Zirk was very puzzled when we were unpacking, 'where did all these scissors come from?' :puddled:
I missed that. :lol: My sister now knows how to make a notebook.

The captain looks very happy OTH, good work!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

We’ve been trying new things, so none of them are perfect. We did learn to use a ruler for the second card at least. :mog:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

They’re so cute!

Yes, and we used tiny ‘gemstones’ that the girls have loads of. There’s also a cat hair in there. :mog: