Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
lazzbo

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by lazzbo »

Haha! I took six years to complete a sampler for my cousin's baby. I kept it instead. :))
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I once made a large Arthurian one, in which Merlin had a cape made of a dozen or so shades of purple. I photocopied the pattern, and filled in the squares as I went, so I could see where I was up to. One evening, I realised that the pattern and the work didn't match, so I must have gone wrong, but try as I might, I could not see what had happened. I spent hours looking, and in the end gave up and fudged it.

Ages later, after I'd finished, framed it and hung it (behind the front door - it was another one that was good to do, but not the sort of thing you'd want in the sitting room - a nine year old S proudly announced that she had helped with it, by doing some stitches for me when I was at work :verm: :)).
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

That’s brilliant. :lol:

I’m struggling in the artificial light so am knitting my cardigan sleeves instead. Again, something started when at my previous employer (I know because I remember sitting in our knitting group discussing it). :l:
smalex

Post by smalex »

:lol: Morgs
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Ha! Who knew that cross stitch needed to be kept under lock and key?!

I have made progress with the Scrabble letter bag and also started a crochet blanket. Good to see that coronavirus hasn't changed my habit of a lifetime of starting billions of things and finishing nada.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

lazzbo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:48 pm Haha! I took six years to complete a sampler for my cousin's baby. I kept it instead. :))
With the baby details on it? Please show it to them when they turn 18 :lol:

Morgs :)) I like a really defined cross stitch, without loads of shading because I know I would go cross eyed trying to work back from mistakes. This one is honestly a dream, loads of it is symmetrical and repeating patterns and it makes it perfect for where my head is just now. I guess a more experienced person needs more of a challenge, but it is making me very happy.

Sorry for the terrible light - here is my progress.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Colour by numbers actually sums it up very well! My mum taught me when I was fairly young, maybe 12 I think and then I didn’t touch one again until last year. That was just a beginner’s kit and I was able to pick it up again just with the printed instructions, so I think depending on type it can be the very rudimentary younger sibling of tapestry.

I totally understand about the scan, and just means it will be extra nice to get started. Have you picked colours yet? (Feel free to get back to me after too).
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Leap wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:53 pm
lazzbo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:48 pm Haha! I took six years to complete a sampler for my cousin's baby. I kept it instead. :))
With the baby details on it? Please show it to them when they turn 18 :lol:
HA! That would have been excellent. It was just an alphabet sampler in the end - capital letters with cute little bunny rabbits in/around the letters. God, it almost pushed me over the edge.

You're making great progress! I'll work on photos of what I've done so far, innit.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I started a 48-square COVID-19 therapy blanket. :))
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

That's lovely, Cerise! Great colour combos. I've just seen a work in progress on the Wool Warehouse page and now I want to start another blanket. :))
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I havent looked there yet. On FB? I raided my stash for eight colours and the circles use combinations of those so it’s a bit clashy at the moment but the white will calm it down. I also plan to use a new joining method so I can learn something different. Personal growth and all that.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I'm a rainbow fan, so I don't think there's such a thing as too much colour.

Aye, on FB - it's a Woman's Weekly pattern, apparently!
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

That pattern is so lovely Cerise. I’m also loving the cross stitch. I used to do that but I gave up years ago.

I’m not sure if this is truly craft but I helped Reuben make a wooden kit today. I was in charge of splodging the glue but he did everything else. We had so much fun I’m ordering another one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Oh, he looks proud!

I can upload my Scrabble bag now!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

That is excellent material!
smalex

Post by smalex »

That's great! I thought it was a bag for scrabble tiles but its actually a bag made from scrabble tiles :lol:
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

smalex wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:12 pm That's great! I thought it was a bag for scrabble tiles but its actually a bag made from scrabble tiles :lol:
That's what I thought, too :))

It's very neat. I am making progress with my Red Box jumper. It is actually green, but that's the name of the pattern. I'll try to get a photo tomorrow, when the light is better.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

smalex wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:12 pm That's great! I thought it was a bag for scrabble tiles but its actually a bag made from scrabble tiles :lol:
It's both! #meta

Ta, chaps.
rosy

Post by rosy »

That’s brilliant! I’ve made a couple of incubator-sized quilt tops for charity and I’ll make some more, but I’ve almost run out of cotton batting and it’s hardly an essential item. So only the best tops will get turned into actual quilts. I have some Miffy fabric and I’m almost resolved to actually cut into it.

Pictures tomorrow if I remember.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Cerise wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:30 am I started a 48-square COVID-19 therapy blanket. :))
I really love this! Can’t wait to see it develop ( :uhh: ) :lol:

The Scrabble bag was worth the wait :love: When the world is back on I bet a whole Etsy shop could be run with that fabric, it’s great.

Kleio, I saw that on fb - Cube’s face when it fires :lol: How long did you wait for the glue to set?

emmap’s Instagram rainbow is now being sold as a kit by that account if anyone fancies it: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-bkelvp_k6 ... 9k42bvkjkj Until I have a wider range of supplies I am all about kits rather than buying separate bits. I have ordered two. :))