Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
lazzbo

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by lazzbo »

Cheers, gang! I'm regretting not getting enough fabric for a tote bag, now.

Leap, don't tempt me with that link to the kit! I obviously fancy it and am going to end up buying multiples, I can just tell. The craft project list grows longer. :fish:
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I have also tracked down the Women's Weekly crochet pattern and added that to the list. :))
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Leap wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:04 am Kleio, I saw that on fb - Cube’s face when it fires :lol: How long did you wait for the glue to set?
It took 2 hours from him opening the box to firing the pellet. Each section took 20 minutes to set but you could get on with another bit at the same time.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

There a free rainbow crochet pattern doing the rounds, I'll find a link.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Morganna

Post by Morganna »

This is my knitting. It will look like this when it's finished, and will be the second one I have made (the first was in red cashmere) so I know the pattern works.
Screenshot 2020-04-02 at 11.35.03.png
The light could be better, but you get the idea.

I saw that pattern on FB, Shoe. Maybe I will use the lockdown tome to learn crochet. I have been meaning to learn for ages.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Love that rainbow, Shoe!

Crikey, Morgs, are you knitting in 4-ply? I won't do anything less than double knit. :snooty: It looks lovely a drape-y.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

lazzbo wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:49 am Love that rainbow, Shoe!

Crikey, Morgs, are you knitting in 4-ply? I won't do anything less than double knit. :snooty: It looks lovely a drape-y.
Thank you. Yes, it's 4-ply. It knits surprisingly quickly though, considering the number of stitches. You just keep going round and round once you get past the armholes, so really don't need to think or pay any attention to it. Also, there is so much time now, that I am getting through a lot in a day (or episode on Netflix!), which is encouraging in itself.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

You overestimate my patience, Morgs. :mog: I need to learn more knitting techniques, I've never tried anything like that. I'll find the pattern which left me totally confused, I'm sure you'll get it!
rosy

Post by rosy »

Top down knitting in the round is ideal for mindless knitting. But I’m not starting anything else :look:

I sorted out all the scraps left from my Liberty hearth rug, and am in the middle of bunting and cushion covers. I’m currently regretting putting not much pink in the rug, as now the cushion covers are going to have to have an excess of pink.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I got round to starting a piece of work for the art course I’d been attending and which is now Zoom-based. This is from a photo I took in the garden a few years ago. There will be foliage all around,eventually. Hopefully that bit will go more quickly, the flower head has taken me about 3 hours of pottering.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Gorgeous, hippy! That colour is just a delight.

I've cocked up my blanket and want to set fire to it now.
smalex

Post by smalex »

That's brilliant Hippy!
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

That is lovely, H1ppy. The shading is so well done.

This is the one that S helped with :)). You can imagine my joy at having to sort out Merlin's cape.
Screenshot 2020-04-02 at 22.51.36.png
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

That’s so intricate, Morgs! Lovely.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Oh Hippy, that’s so beautiful! You must be so pleased with it, please do post your progress.

And Morgs, that must’ve taken forever! No one
Else would ever know, but I wonder do you see whatever correction it was you had to make when you look at it? :))
rosy

Post by rosy »

That’s lovely, Hippy!

Morgs, how infuriating.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Thanks all.

No, you can't tell - the folds in the cloak are pretty random. Also, it's not where you would stare at it (behind the front door, so you just see it on the way out of the house - there is a Henry VIII and his wives on the opposite wall). I enjoyed doing it, but wouldn't want to be looking at it all day :)).
rosy

Post by rosy »

I made a hearth rug out of jelly roll strips and wadding a while ago, and thought it would be a good use of Liberty fabric. It wasn’t as you don’t really get the full effect of the prints, but anyway. It can be thrown into the washing machine and the cat used to love lounging on it in front of the fire.

I had lots of scraps left over so over the last couple of days I made bunting and cushion covers. It’s a bit Liberty print overkill especially with my big Liberty quilt!
Last edited by rosy on Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Bunting and cushion covers (random floral cotton from my stash on the backs):