Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
lazzbo

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by lazzbo »

You're so good! Jersey fabric holds no fear for you. :)) I really must get back into sewing, I've got so many patterns and fabrics all bagged up and ready to go, and then I do nothing.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Jersey is a piece of piss to fit though, and I’ve got quite lazy about making clothes in woven fabrics for myself. I have some patterns and fabric from last summer (and previous ones :look: ) that I should crack on with but I go for the easy things!
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I don't know where you'd find the time to crack on with more! I fear the actual sewing of jersey but I suppose I should give it a go.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

The camping print is so sweet! The little hedgehogs :love:
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

wendy james wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:14 am Jersey is a piece of piss to fit though, and I’ve got quite lazy about making clothes in woven fabrics for myself. I have some patterns and fabric from last summer (and previous ones :look: ) that I should crack on with but I go for the easy things!
Hmmmmm. :puzz: If I ever manage to get my online beginners' dressmaking course up and running, the next one should be a jersey/overlock course with, maybe, a simple dress pattern. Need to get my college work out the way first. Just under two weeks to go ... :panic:
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

That sounds good OTH.

I made a couple of tote bags, purple culottes for Elvis, orange board shorts for Sproglette and a random t-shirt for Elvis from offcuts. She choose the pieces herself. :lol:

ETA - and leggings from some awful fabric.
Last edited by wendy james on Sun May 16, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

This is the tunic I mentioned upthread. I finished it last weekend, and wore it after I blocked it, but am not happy with the neck. The one in the pattern is a very high funnel neck that I'm not keen on, so I did mine with a ribbed cowl. Colourmart yarn comes with the spinning oils still on it, and when you wash them out it shrinks a bit, so you need to allow for this in the swatching. I hadn't decided on the rib neck when I did the swatch (I used one of the pockets) and the neck has shrunk more than I expected.

Anyway, I have undone the i-cord cast off and added in a few rows, but it now looks a bit wonky as the new rows still have the oils on, so this is the 'before' shot. I'll wash them out and re-block it tomorrow. It is a very easy pattern, and knits up really quickly, considering that it is oversized.
Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 11.27.35.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I like the look of that, Morgs.

I have made a start on some crocheted baby converse bootees but I only have the white for the soles so I'm waiting for a wool warehouse order for the colours and the black lines (and for a couple of receiving blankets). I need to find out from J and A whether they intend to dress the twins the same or differently - I've ordered enough yarn to make several matching pairs of blankets, hats, mitts, cardigans and bootees if that's what they decide, but if they want different colours that will still be fine.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

That sounds complicated Morgs.

I’m sure if you do two of something rosy they can still choose whether to match or not.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Twins! I missed that announcement😃. Congratulations!

Not complicated, Wendy - just a pain in the arse :mad:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve made a felt wreath. It’s taken sodding ages. :))
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

That is so pretty!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I think I’m pleased with it. I hope it holds. :fc: A lot of hot glue went into the making.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Ooo, that’s clever!

I found a pattern for a skirt/over skirt combo to use some slightly see through yellow fabric I got in a bundle last year. She won’t let me hem either skirt. :ella:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

She looks so very grown up!
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

That’s great!

I’m making a cardigan for myself. It’s supposed to be a light summer one but my yarn choice is a little heavy although I still like it. I was powering through one of the front panels last night and counted the rows to see how far I’d got. That’s when I spotted the cock up in the repeats very early on. :cry:

Mr Sax says to start another panel and turned the existing one into a scarf for someone else. Well, he said that after he said, “No one will know”. :lg:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I presume you said “but I will know!”? :mrgreen:

A paperbag skirt for Elvis. I have a pair of trousers for myself cut out in the same fabric, and a dress for Sproglette. We love it.
rosy

Post by rosy »

That’s a gorgeous fabric, Wenders!
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

That’s great fabric!

I pulled the panel back and redid it!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I always end up doing that as I know I’ll appreciate it. It’s an arse redoing it though.