Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
wendy james

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by wendy james »

Two different style halterneck tops for me and Elvis, a sleeveless top for Sproglette and some unexciting black linen trousers with animal print pockets. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

A romper with tie back for Sproglette and a halterneck with in-built bra for me. Elvis has the same romper but in the same fabric as my top, she’s already gone out in it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

You are so prolific, Wendy. Are you able to sew all the stretchy things just using the overlocker?
Malan
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

My first halterneck which is fully lined and has a band at the waist, was done only on the overlocker. It’s great in winter when I’m making long sleeved tops with cuffs and neck/waist bands!

Hems and fold over waistbands need to be done on my sewing machine (well, I hem on a cover stitch).
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

wendy james wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:54 pm My first halterneck which is fully lined and has a band at the waist, was done only on the overlocker. It’s great in winter when I’m making long sleeved tops with cuffs and neck/waist bands!

Hems and fold over waistbands need to be done on my sewing machine (well, I hem on a cover stitch).
Thanks. I might try and make a long hoodie dress using it come September's class.

I was amazed and so pleased when I recently found out that I could disable the blade on an overlocker!
Malan
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Marth wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:03 pm I was amazed and so pleased when I recently found out that I could disable the blade on an overlocker!
Lifesaver on pockets. :mrgreen:
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

It was R's grandson's birthday on Sunday. He's mad about the 'Hey Bear' animated fruits on TV, especially the pineapple. I knew what I wanted to make him, but couldn't get it done in time to deliver it while we were in the UK. It looks more like a pumpkin than a pineapple - and the Hey Bear fruits don't have arms and legs - but, do you think it will please a 2-year old? :lol:
hey-bear-pineapple-pumpkin.jpg
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

I love it and if the little one doesn't approve (which I highly doubt) then please send it me!
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

That looks super OTH - I think a small person would love it.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

That is so delightful OTH! It's absolutely perfect for a little person.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Here's my first ever attempt at wire weaving/viking wire knit/trichinopoly chain.

You form it around the stick (drift wood I picked up) and then pull it through a series of holes until it becomes 3 times the length and thinness.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Finally back to doing some small sewing projects; a reversible tote bag (for my friends birthday) and a kindle pouch for me. I'm still not very neat (for some reason cutting in straight lines is a problem) but pleased with what I can make so far.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Lovely material Wiggle and the bags look really cool
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Lovely stuff folks!

We had those WW FQs too. :heart:
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Another productive afternoon and completed a little lined book bag with a front pocket. Very pleased with how it turned out
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Three cushions covers completed quite quickly
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I made another felt wreath.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

It’s very pretty with your front door colour!
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I did a charcoals and pastels workshop on Saturday, may as well share that I suppose.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Same venue yesterday, a workshop on how to do Tunisian crochet. Not a huge fan of the project itself (a somewhat garish potholder), but I quite like the stitch and process.