Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
Turtle Bean

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by Turtle Bean »

I absolutely LOVE the dress pattern. It is so cute and that material is lovely too. Really Christmasy.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

My circular needle came so my shawl is done.

(My child was happy to model it but requested a sticker as she looks tired.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

My fused glass lantern. The snowflake doesn’t show that well so hopefully does when it’s dark and a light is in there!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

That looks great!
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

That is lovely. I'm sad there is not a 50p for scale.
Malan
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Very pretty, Wendy
rosy

Post by rosy »

That's so pretty!
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

That’s really lovely Wendy. You’re going to need a huge candle for it.

I’ve spent the day making. First, I painted a plate for my eldest niece. She’d asked for some bits of crockery for Christmas so I’d suggested the family paint her one each (it’ll be well received).

She loves anything celestial so I’ve done this plate. Whichever it’s been in the kiln the colours will change hugely and the background will be royal blue.
IMG_4790.jpeg
I suppose I should insert a trigger warning here. Someone I know is currently 19 weeks pregnant but she won’t be tomorrow. She was desperately looking for a sunflower themed cord tie so I’ve made her two slightly different lengths so she can have one as a keepsake and a tiny hat to match. It’s only 6 rows big.
IMG_4797.jpeg
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

I absolutely love Wendy's shawl with the pockets. That's so sad and yet so touching, Kleio. You're very clever.

I finally got around to making a pair of memory bears from my mum's clothes. I'll post one to my sister and keep one for myself. I gave each of them a tiny spritz of mum's favourite perfume. Given S's rocky relationship with our mum, I'm honestly not sure how it will be received. Maybe it's a bit silly to be making teddy bears for women of 70 and 60, respectively. I just hope she understands that it was made for her, with love from me.
memory-bears-s9441.jpg
Last edited by overthehill on Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Starry

Post by Starry »

That’s a lovely idea OTH.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Lovely things 🥰
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Oh that's lovely OTH, I'd definitely appreciate that.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Done! I decided its limited season wasn’t worthy of buttons.

P and I agreed my dress looks more kimono than kimono dress, due to the fabric used, so I’m saving it as a summer robe. :ella:
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

That's beautiful, wendy. Are the sleeves stiffened, or are the fabric & lining sufficient on their own to give the bouffant?
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

It’s a combo of lots of gathered fabric and the stiffness of the cotton. I’ve seen pics of it made up in softer fabric and the sleeves hang more loosely.