Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
Kleio

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by Kleio »

That is very cute. Well done to your Mum!
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

That's really cute!
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Oh that's SO cute! Great colour palette.

I want to get started on my Iron Lamb jumper pattern. Maybe this week.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I made felt flowers and did a lot of hot gluing. I think it turned out OK.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beena

Post by Beena »

That's lovely, Pip! Great colours.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

That’s lovely Pip!
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

I love the jumper and the wreath. This is my latest project which I finished tonight. A scrap blanket made out of odd end bits of yarn from other projects plus a few cheap balls of yarn. I don't think scrap blanket does it justice, so its called The Hundreds and Thousands blanket
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

That wreath is lovely Pip, and Wiggle that is a really nice blanket too.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

That’s lovely wiggle.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Scrap blankets can be really lovely reminders of other projects you’ve done. I like that one Wiggle.

Betty asked for goth rabbit ears ages ago but I’ve had other things on the go and then I’ve had a migraine this week so forgot. She reminded me late last night so this was cobbled together from what I could find/other things I could take apart.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Oh I like those rabbit goth ears alot!
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

This Easter break has all about finishing projects. My first ever jumper (it's so heavy but very warm) and another cushion (just so I can practice making button holes).
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Both are wonderful, I especially like the cushion!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Well done on finishing things!

The girls helped my MIL sort through her wardrobe last weekend. She was going to burn it all but Elvis rescued a couple of things she liked the look off.

So a sundress from an old skirt and a skirt for one and a top for the other from the dress. Excuse the faces, the photos were for grandma. :lol:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

The skirt and top are so cute!
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I especially love the patchwork denim dress!

I'm part of a huge display for the coronation so I've been trying to diverse faces for the crowd. They're very basic crocheted circles with hair etc added but I've given some turbans, hijabs, dreadlocks, bindis etc. I can't wait to see it finished as it's been months in the making.

Other than that, I've made some silent fiddle mats for Betty and her friends, and finished a Sally jumper for her too.
Margo

Post by Margo »

I keep meaning to post this and then forgetting…

Look! Little crochet bags! Can’t take more than a little while to make, and look at how much they’re selling for!

Kleio - I think you sell things, how about these?
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

They are very cute bags! They’d need to be made with a sturdy cotton yarn and lined so they don’t lose their shape.

Betty set me a challenge to see how quick I could make this. I’m at a softplay giving Elf a run and did it in about an hour with distractions and a coffee break.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

R has been on at me for ages, asking me to teach him how to sew. He's fed up with skinny-leg trousers in the shops, which don't fit his calves, and wants to sew his own. I was mean. I needed to see how carefully he could follow instructions. So, I made him sew a pretty complicated shirt first - a Vogue pattern (V8759) with French seams, 2-piece collar, 2-piece sleeves, patch pocket, and 11 x 11mm buttonholes. It took weeks, working just a couple of hours each Sunday. I told him yesterday, I'd take him out for a meal, if he finished it today. :)) He's done really well. Apart from my overlocking the side seams for him and hand sewing the buttons because the machine didn't want to sew them, he did pretty much everything else himself. Though, it has to be said, I was fit to kill him dead at times. :lol:
jr-v8759-armada.jpg
jr-v8759-front.jpg
jr-v8750-concentration.jpg
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

That’s fab!