Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Show your (craft)work

Post by Leap »

I thought there might be a few of us doing various craft projects now, either from before or brand new. I love seeing the finished product but thought a progress thread would be good for nosiness, chat and maybe motivation to continue if required.

Any kind of craft at all, at any kind of frequency - just whatever is keeping your hands busy just now. Also any abandoned or paused projects as I do think it’s good to stop if it’s not fun.

Here is my progress on my current cross stitch. I also have an abandoned one that I just ended up using for practice as I made a couple of hard to fix mistakes, and the biggest chunk left was a really fiddly bit with loads of quarter stitches and squinting at the pattern required, and I don’t really have the time or interest for that at the moment.

What are you working on?
lazzbo

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by lazzbo »

I literally love that pattern so much! I'm torn between that and a Paris landmark one: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1257382 ... uma-street

I've got about eight dresses I want to make, a couple of sweatshirts (despite never having sewed with jersey) and lots of knitting and crocheting to do. I'll be back!
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

That cross stitch is very neat, Leap.

I am working through a long list, too.

I made a cardigan/jacket (jacketigan?) which has been on and off for the past few days' and have moved onto a Red Box jumper. I've made this pattern before, and it is very easy and relaxing, so good for mindless knitting. If anyone wants to make one, there is a very easy workaround for the increase stitches right at the beginning (the ones they recommend are a bit problematic) so let me know andI will explain off the thread.

When I finish this (I only cast on last night, so am just starting), I plan to finish a tunic I started a while ago and found boring, then maybe start on Christmas presents #organised. I've fancied a go at making felted slippers for a while, so I'll maybe give those a go.

Cardigan

Red Box jumper

You can see my own versions of these on Ravelry if you want to friend me. I've been meaning to ask - does anyone fancy us having a Turtle group on there? I think all it would mean would be that when we post on Ravelry about a project we can tag it so other crafty Turtles can see what we are working on, or have finished, without having to put our usernames on here. I'm happy to have a go at setting it up if there is any interest.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

That’s such a cute pattern Leap! I also love the Paris one, Lazzo.

I’ve got my craft boxes from the states to sort out :love:

I also was sent a free little rainbow craft in the post by someone I follow on Instagram. I missed her live tutorial at 6 last night but she saved it so I’ll try and do it today. It should end up like this:
D2CCA97B-4E60-4DAA-A3FF-240A7C61E803.jpeg
smalex

Post by smalex »

That's such a lovely cross stitch Leap.I really like the pattern.

I haven't done anything for ages, but we bought some things in hobbycraft a while ago for easter. I'm going to try and make a pretty easter egg wreath thing
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Oh, I've just spotted the link to the Paris one. That's lovely, too.

I like the colours in the rainbow, emma. Is that to put in the window?
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I'm rainbow-obsessed, so that's the actual dream, emma! Are kits available to buy, do you know?
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Oh, I also meant to say that I bought the wool and downloaded a knitting pattern which I can't make head nor tail of - can I ask you a few questions, Morgs? I know you're a guru. :))
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

lazzbo wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:05 pm I'm rainbow-obsessed, so that's the actual dream, emma! Are kits available to buy, do you know?
She linked to the supplies in her stories but basically you just need wool, a large needle so you can thread the wool and one of these cut in half: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Darice-HPI-Pla ... B01MSYZBJU
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

lazzbo wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:05 pm Oh, I also meant to say that I bought the wool and downloaded a knitting pattern which I can't make head nor tail of - can I ask you a few questions, Morgs? I know you're a guru. :))
I'm not sure of my guru status, but ask away :))
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I loved plastic canvas when I was little!
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Ah! I have everything but the plastic canvas, in that case. I shall see if I can source some, then add that project to the ever-growing list.

Morgs, I'll hunt down the pattern and work out my questions, in that case. Thanks in advance!
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Lazz I was hoping you’d reply! I am very interested in your projects, please post and include details :beak: And it would honestly be rude not to do the Paris one :enabler:

I love the cute rainbow, emmap! I actually have this amazon wool I bought to make a pom pom garland which is now an abandoned project, so I’ve added the template for my next amazon order. I know pom poms are the SIMPLEST thing, but I bought a silly gadget as I couldn’t be bothered faffing with cardboard, and then I worried about the dangers of having strings of things up in Hop’s room and it just came to nothing. If anyone would benefit from it I would be happy to post it off, really.

Morgs I’m not sure I would get the benefit of ravelry but I do like your red box jumper in particular very much.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

smalex wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:53 am That's such a lovely cross stitch Leap.I really like the pattern.

I haven't done anything for ages, but we bought some things in hobbycraft a while ago for easter. I'm going to try and make a pretty easter egg wreath thing
I would love to see this, especially the stages of smalovation as it becomes a thing of beauty :hbeat:
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Oooh, loving those rainbow shades of wool, Leap! I've got to work out how to attach photos from my phone, or else this thread just ain't gonna work for me.

Tomorrow I make a lined Scrabble bag to replace the original plasticky one which is falling apart. See you then. :))
smalex

Post by smalex »

Smalovation :lol: sounds like something not permitted under social distancing rules
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I’ve dug out a bookmark I was doing on the weekly train to London (so not touched since at least Nov 2018 :lol: ). I’ve probably even posted about it previously!
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

:lol: It’s great! And such a useful thing. I had those 3 cross stitches framed for Hop’s room, but actually made 6 and it’s difficult to make a call on what to make when it’s expensive to frame them, and I don’t think most people would appreciate them as gifts :look: My mum is a craft genius (over the years: cross stitch, knitting, salt dough, quilting, glasswork, mosaic to name a few) but I think SIL was a bit baffled by the CS she did for niece and later nephew.

I think I have made a really big counting error already on mine :ella: I’ve put it away and will check in the next few days when I can bear it. In the meantime here is a terrible picture of the lovely CS my mum made for Hop :hbeat:
smalex

Post by smalex »

That's absolutely lovely!

I over optimistically started a cross stitch a few Christmases ago, I went free style, but only got a few words in. I should really try and finish it now. See also, the bloody free style cross stitch I started circa 2001, sadly dormant for 18 actual years :lol:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I think that would be a suitable COVID-19 2020 Project to complete smal. :lol:

That’s lovely Leap! I have a massive pig cross stitch that my made me for a birthday decades ago. I used to collect pigs and do still like them, but it’s in the study rather than pride of place downstairs. :look: