Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
ParisGal

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by ParisGal »

smalex wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:35 pm I had a real hankering to make paper chains last week. But sort of forgot about it.
I've just had an almost tangible taste of gummed paper in my mouth :lol: :sleigh:
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

overthehill wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:15 pm
Shoe, I think your colours are lovely. What would you change?
I don't really know. I'm just not sure the colours all work together, I'd maybe take out a few colours. But then I don't know which ones. :lol:
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

D and I have had the air dry clay out this afternoon. These are my efforts.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I like your versions with the sprays of foliage on Cerise. Will you paint / glaze them, if so what colours?

That also reminds me, I got my parcel from smalex at lunchtime! Thanks very much, they are lovely.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Don’t know yet! I don’t have anything like that in the house.
smalex

Post by smalex »

They're lovely!

Did it arrive ok? I hope so, but do say if not. It's useful future research! Impressed by the courier, that only left yesterday.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Yes everything was perfect.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Great. 1 down!
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

smalex wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:50 pm They're lovely!

Did it arrive ok? I hope so, but do say if not. It's useful future research! Impressed by the courier, that only left yesterday.
I’d be interested in any hints and tips, smal. Did you use rolling rods for even thickness? Did you just leave them to dry or lightly cover them? What sort of paints did you use? And, lastly, how did you fix the shapes on the wreaths?
smalex

Post by smalex »

I did not use rolling rods for even thickness. They've always annoyed me when I tried them for cake decorating. I either left them to dry, but I'd cover them with blotting (recycled type) paper, and weighed down with books to keep them flat, but you can put them on the radiator and dry them much more quickly and with less warping. I think you can do it in the oven too but I didn't try that. Most the paints I used were metallic paints, but I have used acrylic on it too. You can also seal it with varnish (when I did it, I used Modge Podge). The shapes were mainly pinned to the wreaths, occasionally glued. But I've also used wicker wreaths in the past and wired them on.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I've had mine too! I can't put it where I wanted to as it turns out the suction hooks don't work on my stippled window, but I still love it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Thanks!
smalex

Post by smalex »

Oh good! Fair play Hermes, you're doing well so far.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Thanks for the clay tips, I’ve never used it but ordered some on a whim last week, with the intention of making decorations with the children in the school holidays (if it ever arrives). I’ve ordered gold and silver paint and mod podge too, I think. Hobbycraft lead time is two weeks! Which I didn’t realise until after I’d ordered.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

This is what I’ve ordered. I’ve got absolutely no idea what I’m doing, I hope it’s easy to use :lol:
smalex

Post by smalex »

Yes my order took agggges. I don't favour that particular brand but it'll be fine.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I really love that Bea
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

That’s gorgeous.

I’d love to see the Christmas carol scene too, it sounds lovely.
Little My

Post by Little My »

I really love the mistletoe garland!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I do too, and the Christmas carols idea!

Apart from two wrist warmers, to match their tops and pants, I'm just about done for Christmas clothes, crowns and gifts. I signed up for a gift exchange in a FQ group I'm in, so need to make that ready to send out when I'm given the recipient's details on 1 Jan. I'm going for a tote bag containing a zipped bag and a drawstring bag. I'd like useful stuff too. :))

I need to replace my overlocker blade so have hoodies waiting to go. They blades are held up in the Christmas post, I think. In the meantime, I bought Sproglette a Frida Kahlo FQ and an iron-on badge for her birthday. She's decided she'd like a dress using black fabric - we'll use the FQ as the front of the skirt and iron on the badge to the bodice. The black fabric has come, we just need to design the dress (I have a building block pattern book I used for their Beatles dresses) so that will keep me busy over Christmas, I think.