Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
geek_kitten

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by geek_kitten »

I love that jumper so much Wendy!
Starry

Post by Starry »

That jumper is fab!
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Great jumper Wendy! And I am, as always, in awe of your sewing skills. My mum is also a great seamstress but I seem to be missing the sewing gene...

Just completed another square for my throw/blanket for our sofa. Now I am going to knit a scarf for a friend. She ordered the wool and pattern, all I have to do is knit without thinking and just switch colours every so often. The colours are so totally different to what I wear but she has ash blonde hair and blue eyes, so a very different type colour-wise. I'm enjoying using these colours, makes a nice change!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Your squares are so pretty, Dutchie.

I love those scarf colours. They would really suit my sister - also an ash blond.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I’ve made the pieces for a jumper for Sproglette and need to put it together, but have started on a cable cardigan for Elvis. It’s going to take longer so I made her a long sleeved cropped top, as that’s what she wanted. I tried steering get to contrast bands but she wasn’t having it, even when I said I wasn’t pattern matching. :))

The jogging pants and matching scrunchie were extras so she had a full outfit!
Starry

Post by Starry »

Do you find the jogging bottoms difficult wendy? I’m not sure how I’ll get on with stretchy fabric, most of my projects have been cotton.

I’ve been mostly doing cards at the moment. A couple of pop up ones and some straightforward cuts. The bunny one is attempt number two, number one was sent already.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

The bunny card is adorable!
F'Artiste

Post by F'Artiste »

That bunny card is so cute :love:.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Not really Starry- I use my overlocker the most of my machines and items like that with no hems are dead quick too.

I love the bunny card too.

I managed to sew up the jumper eventually. After unpicking a sleeve I made out of sides. :ella: She won’t let me have it back to take a picture unworn.
Last edited by wendy james on Mon May 02, 2022 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

overthehill wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:26 am I love those scarf colours. They would really suit my sister - also an ash blond.
If you're interested, the yarn is Lana Grossa Ecopuno (I could let you know the colours) and the pattern is too simple for words. Cast on 117 stitches and knit in stocking stitch until you get to the end of each ball of yarn!

Love the jumper Wendy and she looks so utterly thrilled with it!
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Dutchie wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:04 am If you're interested, the yarn is Lana Grossa Ecopuno (I could let you know the colours) and the pattern is too simple for words. Cast on 117 stitches and knit in stocking stitch until you get to the end of each ball of yarn!
It looks so beautifully soft. I've had a quick google and can't find any suppliers of Lana Grossa Ecopuno in Ireland. Yes, please do give me the colours and, if you don't mind, could you find out where your friend got it? I'll probably have to wait until I get over to the UK again, but I have an interest in finding lovely knitting wool for the new shop.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

overthehill wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:15 am It looks so beautifully soft. I've had a quick google and can't find any suppliers of Lana Grossa Ecopuno in Ireland. Yes, please do give me the colours and, if you don't mind, could you find out where your friend got it? I'll probably have to wait until I get over to the UK again, but I have an interest in finding lovely knitting wool for the new shop.
It is soooo soft! An absolute delight to knit with. My friend bought the yarn over here in the Netherlands but I found quite a few UK webshops that stock it. For this scarf, the colours are:

There are loads of different colourways that you can buy kits for, all listed on the Dutch site:

https://www.knottenwol.nl/products/brei ... 3497694383
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Starry wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 3:27 pm Do you find the jogging bottoms difficult wendy? I’m not sure how I’ll get on with stretchy fabric, most of my projects have been cotton.

I’ve been mostly doing cards at the moment. A couple of pop up ones and some straightforward cuts. The bunny one is attempt number two, number one was sent already.
Those cards are most excellent.
Malan
Marth

Post by Marth »

I've finally sewn something I feel I can wear out. I decided to go really simple and used denim so it was good to sew. I think the bib is a bit wide so I'm going to make it again in a different fabric and size that down. It's got a pleat and poppers at the back and reminds me of a muji skirt I used to have
Malan
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I love that, Marth! Looks very pro, bravo. What's the pattern for that, please? I'd like to copy you. :))
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

That’s brilliant Marth! It looks great on you.
Margo

Post by Margo »

Gosh, that’s good!

I’ve got 3 pairs of trousers to take up for someone and that’s about the limit of what I do these days…
Marth

Post by Marth »

wendy james wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:06 pm That’s brilliant Marth! It looks great on you.
Thanks! It came out so much better than the dress I attempted with the fabric from Bath :mog:
Malan
Marth

Post by Marth »

lazzbo wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:27 pm I love that, Marth! Looks very pro, bravo. What's the pattern for that, please? I'd like to copy you. :))
https://drapersdaughter.com/products/th ... pron-dress

It's available in a few places but not the cheapest. I'm going ot make more to make the most of it.
Malan
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Thanks! It's really lovely.