Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
Wiggle

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by Wiggle »

Impressive! Was it difficult to learn how to Tunisian crochet?
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

No, it’s actually pretty simple! The tricky thing for me is the tension because I crochet quite tightly and the instructor only had one hook size so I couldn’t size up. It was a little difficult to get the hook into the front loop at times.
Margo

Post by Margo »

Tunisian crochet is the only way I can crochet! Not that I do a lot of it but it’s somehow easier
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I enjoy Tunisian crochet too! The Lacy stitches are particularly pretty.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Hippy - you have been very crafty!

I’m finally leading up Poppy!!

She should be finished in 3/4 weeks
IMG_2547.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

That’s brilliant!

I’ve tried a stained glass workshops previously, and was fine with the cutting and assembling part but my soldering is rubbish and my cementing wasn’t particularly neat. I also didn’t like that we finished by rubbing shoe polish all over the leadwork and even after attacking it with a polishing brush with what felt like hours afterwards, it still felt tacky and smudgy.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Yeah, I’ve got to be careful with that bit and wear gloves now that I use my hands for treatments. Hopefully mine won’t be sticky and smudgy when it’s done, :look:
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Very cute. :love:

Before our weekend fell apart, I made matching dinosaur-print shirts for R and his 2-year old grandson. At least, they were a success.
FB_IMG_1698060745067.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Luna

Post by Luna »

I love those OTH.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

I've been at a learn to sew class for the past few weeks; there is only so much I think I can learn off videos/websites. The teacher was excellent and in a lovely group of 6.

So I've finally learnt how to read and understand a sewing pattern and made these PJ bottoms. A few mistakes but overall very pleased with the results, plus I think I have enough material to make a pair of sleep shorts
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Excellent work! In person teaching is so much easier to understand.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Thanks! I forgot to add I've signed up for a 4 week class in mid Jan to learn how to make tops using different types of material.
After that then possibly 1 more class to learn how to make a dress
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Excellent work, Wiggle. I would have been completely stumped many times without face to face tuition
Malan
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Aside from finishing my dress from the jumpsuit/dress thread, I also got round to hemming this dress and trousers. Plus finished this top as part of a boy’s upcoming birthday present.

I might actually get on to starting something from my list!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I decided I like those trousers so made another pair and also have some in progress with a lightweight stretch denim.

I made the girls a dress each for Christmas.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I have a new set of patterns for Sproglette so we decided to make her a lounge set, so it could be not perfect and I can adjust for future hoodies/joggers. She hasn’t tried them on yet but I reckon the legs are still too short, despite lengthening them!

She had the choice of a non-pattern matched kanga pocket or no pocket, as there wasn’t enough fabric to pattern match. :lol:
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

I love them all especially the lounge set
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

She’s wearing it now and yes, the next pair need to be even longer!

I’m now onto Elvis’s Christmas dress. She chose some dark green with sparkly stars fabric in person ages and asked for a dress with flouncy sleeves. We found this pattern and I’m going to face my buttonhole fear. :lol:

I’ve finished knitting my pocketed shawl and need a circular needle for the collar so have made a couple of presents with leftovers in the meantime.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Oh that's lovely. It will look great in the green starry fabric
Malan
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Fabric pic for Bean.