Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
Turtle Bean

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by Turtle Bean »

This is the little extra book on top.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That’s really good, Beab!
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I like the colours.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

You can tidy the shape quite simply by blocking it if you want to, Beatrix! It’s really easy to do. It wouldn’t magically make it into the rectangle you wanted but it would straighten it off.
rosy

Post by rosy »

That’s lovely, Beatrix!

I made a silhouette cat quilt block as a trial; it needs a good press! There are 12 different poses in the series so I think I’ll make six white and six black cats with different backgrounds, then sew them all together to make a quilt for watching TV under. The white fabric has tiny white butterflies and flowers stamped on it rather than being a flat solid colour.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

That’s very cute!
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

I love that, rosy, it looks like an origami cat at the moment!
rosy

Post by rosy »

I had a zoom sewing group class this morning where we all made the same item - a make up bag - in different fabrics and sizes.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Your books are lovely Bean, and I like that bag lining rosy.

I finished off a top and dress that have been part done since at least one spring ago, plus another top. I have some culottes and a dress to do this weekend as well.

ETA - and I bought myself a mannequin! Aldi were only offering the smaller size so I she’s maxed out and needs a bit of padding (or I can lose an inch off my hips, which might be easier :lol: ). We have named her Doris and P keeps thinking it’s me looming as he leaves the downstairs WC. (The craft room leads there).

She was very helpful whilst trying to work out where to put the fastenings for the dress.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Another dress. I don’t think you can see the tucks and ties. I might do it again in a plain colour like the pattern.

I messed up the pockets so they’re fake. :lol: it’s not like I keep stuff in them anyway.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Does reupholstering my kitchen chairs count?
34F1A41F-00DC-4B05-AFF3-E18187F2CC67.jpeg
C2D83AE0-A3B5-44EE-9116-D4391C35D044.jpeg
I’ve only done one so far, but it didn’t take that long once I got all the staples out.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Oh yes, that’s a great job! And I love your two floral dresses especially, wendy. Could we see Doris, please?

I’ve been doing wee bitty projects here and there just to keep my hands busy. I also had a very soothing couple of evenings sorting the giant bag of threads my friend bought when we did our joint project, I’ll post the result when I’m downstairs later.

If I could trust myself, I would sew giant pockets into everything. I just had to return a dress that didn’t suit me but had amazing deep pockets and I nearly chose looking like a bag of potatoes over giving them up :cry:
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Not as visually pleasing as most finished projects, but I got the same amount of enjoyment out of sorting these threads as I do out of a normal craft job :lol: They were just in a big bag of jumbled colours that was slowly splitting up the side, so it’s a joy rather than a headache now.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Organisation :love:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Squeak approves, Leap. She’s been making friendship bracelets all summer and got a box just like this last week.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

That's very pleasing, Leap.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

George is mid friendship bracelet and just said "that's epic!" and asked if he could have a box like that for his birthday :lol:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Squeak has a friendship bracelet specific Instagram account. She’s @phreglot.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

George is VERY impressed!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

She’s joined a forum and everything. I’m slightly baffled, but it’s kept her occupied & happy.