December Fitness

Duophonic

Re: December Fitness

Post by Duophonic »

My marcothon didn't last :))

The weather here has been wild with gale force winds and flooding so I didn't make my race this morning or bother going out yesterday.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

Running in the wind is the worst. It’s so disheartening.

I did 17.63km this morning (the .63 is very important) and was rather pleased with myself as I haven’t gone further than 10k in quite some time.

And then I did a massive long walk with A in the afternoon, so my legs are rather sore now. My watch says I did 29k steps today. My plans for tomorrow involve not moving outside the house.
smalex

Post by smalex »

29k! No wonder you're tired.
Wind is definitely my least favourite weather. I'd chose rain every time over wind.
Jet

Post by Jet »

3 miles and a bit today. Not bad after not running for almost two weeks with a horrible cold. I think I’ve finally broken in my new shoes too
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I've not run in what feels like such a long time. We have decided that on Thursday we are going out to do an easy 3km.

Just 35 minutes on the spin bike this morning. I did a mixture of a downloaded programme which included quite a few hill sections :achinglegs:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

I did a very windy 10k today. Almost bailed, but then reminded myself that I've never regretted going for a run, whereas I have often regretted bailing.

Anyway, I was very pleased to discover I had no DOMS from Sunday's run, and I shaved a whole 5 minutes off the last time I did that route. :humble:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Zoomer by name Zoomer by nature! :))

3 miles for me yesterday and it was hard going after my euphoric run the day before. It was bitterly cold and raining which made it 100 times worse but still my fastest run in ages.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

3.5 miles again for me today. I had planned to go longer but my fucking Achilles’ tendon is giving me gyp again. :ruby:
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Oh no, Olive :(. Is it still bad?

That’s great, Zoomer. Well done!

I’m still chugging along. 2 short (3 mile) runs in the week (I had a colonoscopy on Monday so took it a bit easy), then a decent paced Parkrun yesterday.

Am trying to gear up for 12 miles today.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve been doing small bits of things, and still enjoying CXWorx where possible. Body Balance on Friday only, there was no cover for Dance Step and R was away.

This morning is my winter solstice yoga/wreath making workshop.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I've been doing fuck all. :perky:
smalex

Post by smalex »

God me too. I haven't run since Tuesday. Unheard of.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

That really is!

In my defence I've got a slight twinge in my adductor (I think) and couldn't get to the pool last week. I'll see how I am Wednesday and if I can't run then I'll swim.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Just lack of opportunity. I could've gone this morning I guess but its wet and I had a lot of wine last night. Should be a better week this week hopefully
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I'm going to go and use the pool at bath Uni this week where Team GB actually train.

It's going to be utterly mortifying seeing little fat me bobbing up and down whilst a Mark Spitz type laps me 4 times every length. 😂😂
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Topcat wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:54 pm It's going to be utterly mortifying seeing little fat me bobbing up and down whilst a Mark Spitz type laps me 4 times every length. 😂😂
:lol:
mojojojo wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:30 am Oh no, Olive :(. Is it still bad?
Resting and icing has really helped and walking on it feels fine at the moment :fc: so I’m debating a short run with T this morning vs properly resting it for one more day.

Hope your 12 miles went well!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I’m no swimmer but the pool at Bath Uni looks amazing.

I’m still suffering with this bloody flu and haven’t done anything for a week and a half. I’m starting to feel twitchy.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

mojojojo wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:30 am Oh no, Olive :(. Is it still bad?

That’s great, Zoomer. Well done!

I’m still chugging along. 2 short (3 mile) runs in the week (I had a colonoscopy on Monday so took it a bit easy), then a decent paced Parkrun yesterday.

Am trying to gear up for 12 miles today.
And except for a quick 5k on Thursday, I haven’t been out since. :ella:

Anyway, would you mind talking to me about your colonoscopy? I’m having one in January and the diet beforehand is making me feel a bit blergh. Did it have an effect on your energy levels?
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Zoomer wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:29 pm

Anyway, would you mind talking to me about your colonoscopy? I’m having one in January and the diet beforehand is making me feel a bit blergh. Did it have an effect on your energy levels?
I’ve PMd you, Zooms, lest we fill up the thread with unsavoury talk :lol:
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Oh, and my 12 miles went ok. Not quite to plan as I needed a loo break so had to come home for a pit stop, but I dragged myself back out and my overall pace was what I was aiming for.