Adult braces

AshleyX

Re: Adult braces

Post by AshleyX »

Oh, I see, I didn't see the middle picture for some reason. That sounds like a huge amount of work (and expense!) to go through, wow. They do look brilliant now, though.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Blimey Duo, that was a lot of work but what a result!
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I had my appointment today. Invisalign appears to be the way to go and the worst case scenario would be £4k which is affordable if I can pay it over a period of time (which I can). I really am getting quite upset about the way my teeth look so I would like to book in ASAP, but I am being sensible and clearing my c/card first.

Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I've had my results back from the Invisalign lot and it appears that I am going to be "as difficult as Invisalign gets". :ella: Just my bloody luck. The top jaw is easily sorted, but because my bottom jaw is very crowded they need to take out my wisdom teeth and push the other teeth back or take out one of my front teeth and then push the other teeth forward, otherwise my teeth won't meet at all. My bite currently only meets on 2 teeth so the work they do will help my poor hammered gnashers. The cost does not increase at all despite the extra amount of work and time, but I feel rather dejected that I'm so difficult. The orthodonist has consulted with 2 experts and they are going to oversee her work (she said I could go to someone else if I wanted to as she hasn't worked on a case this difficult before!) so I couldn't be in better hands but I do feel rather like Plug.

On the plus side, the technology which goes into this is incredible and I am very impressed.

indigo

Post by indigo »

Lily, I have never noticed anything 'wrong' with your teeth. Are you sure this is something that needs doing?
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Yes, it's not a BDD thing here ... they have got worse with age and my canines look like fangs. They're not horrendous, but they bother me more and more, and I'd like to get them fixed.

I am feeling a bit better today and still want to go ahead, I just thought it would be something easy and take 12 months whereas it's going to be more complex and take 18-24. But I still want it done.