Covid-19

Flora Poste

Re: Corona Virus

Post by Flora Poste »

Heebie Jeebie wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:05 am The school thing made my heart leap with hope. But I can't imagine going from literally crossing the road to avoid human contact during my daily short walk, to standing in a school playground waiting for my child. Its not just the classroom, it's all the extra people out at the same time.
This. At the moment I can't actually see how I am going to leave the house normally again, until there is a vaccine, or decent immunity testing.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

It’s going to be out of date already, but our numbers yesterday (large multi site hospital with a reputation for respiratory care) are 156 patients being treated (not all of these will be ITU), 116 discharged, and sadly 51 died. The numbers of deaths are obviously all a bit weird, and they only confirm the ones that are certified and where families are aware. There was a lovely guard of honour reported in the news for a gentleman who was discharged.

The comms team have been absolutely brilliant at keeping us all informed and not bombarded with info.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

The situation care homes is so upsetting.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

My mum has been really upset about not going back to her job but she had a message from her senior nurse this morning saying she was doing exactly the right thing and they'd "see her on the other side". If they get PPE sorted, she'll be back like a shot. The problem is they are moving patients from hospitals into care homes, without testing any of them.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Edith Bacon wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:24 am I hope he gets well soon, not least of all because I’m really uncomfortable giving this much headspace to Boris’ well-being. I’m not sure I can cope with this level of self-awareness :panic:
On the contrary, I feel relieved that I am so worried for him as it makes me feel I might be a half-decent human after all. I have had my doubts a lot hence trying to get my aura read - but when someone did read it, it didn't say anything about whether I was decent or not. I'm glad I didn't pay for that.

lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

You don't need someone else to tell you you're decent, Liloir.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Thing is I could make up anything to make other people think I'm nice, but your aura doesn't lie!

This reminds me of the latest Led By Donkeys billboards. I adore those chaps, but I am concerned by them using Tweets as evidence of good people versus news reports (Sky, the Daily Heil, etc.) of evidence of bad. These aren't primary sources; anyone could claim to be Shazza working in a nursing home. The only bloke on the LBD thread I saw who agreed with me is a Trump supporter, which makes me think I'm really missing something. Thoughts?

lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Lily wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:17 am Thing is I could make up anything to make other people think I'm nice, but your aura doesn't lie!
:)) We'll have to agree to disagree.
Lola

Post by Lola »

Auras :))

I don’t know if Holly & Phil know something we don’t but they are both wearing black today :look: Well Phil is actually in a very dark colour not black but you know :))
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I see Gove is self isolating now. I doubt it has anything to do with Holly and Phil though.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I wonder who will be the last (wo)man standing at the daily briefings?
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Hancock presumably seeing as he’s already had it.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

And Witty, he's recovered from it too.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I've just seen that Marianne Faithful has been taken to hospital, too :sad:.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I think that New Zealand (despite having what would appear to be div of an ex health minister :)) ) have added the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy to their list of essential workers to stop children worrying about a no show.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

The Easter Bunny is obvopiusly not a keyworker here - no Easter eggs to be had in either of the two supermarkets near me.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

This has cracked me up. My friend is on Hampstead Heath right now walking her dog (she lives near it) and took this picture....
Malan
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

:lol:
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Lord Buckethead?
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »