Covid-19

Bat Macdui

Re: Corona Virus

Post by Bat Macdui »

Wild East in case baaargain pops by. Though I think she's partially rewilded anyway. :)) From a garden perspective.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

And I hope I don't come across as bragging about life over here but... we've been wearing masks in shops and on public transport since 27th of April. The 27th of April! Nearly fully three months before the UK.

The benefit being- I've lifted most of the following text from a website but it goes to show the difference it's made: There have been no new cases report in my city state of just under 2 million since Sunday, and only 12 new cases in the past seven days. That is 0.7 cases per 100,000 people far below the limit of 50 new infections per 100,000 inhabitants, above which the state goverbment would have to discuss renewed restrictions to contain the pandemic. This would be necessary within seven days in the event of 900 new infections.

Since the end of February, 5230 people have been infected with the Sars-CoV-2 virus. The Robert Koch Institute (RKI) estimates that around 4900 have recovered. The Institute of Forensic Medicine at the University Hospital in XYZ determined that 231 people died of Covid-19. The RKI counted 261 deaths in deviation from this.

This means that 17 corona infected people from the city and the surrounding area are currently being treated in hospitals, 7 of them in intensive care. These numbers have thus risen slightly since Friday. At that time there were 15 infected persons in the hospitals and 4 of them had to be treated in intensive care.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Ah, that's cool. I'll have to pop over and see what he's up to!
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

baargain wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:30 pm Ah, that's cool. I'll have to pop over and see what he's up to!
There's an app where you can promise to rewild a bit of your garden. :love2:
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Oh! :love: that's nice. I'll have to pick a bit that isn't riddled with bindweed.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

My friend forgot his mask on Saturday, so walked around Aldi with his t-shirt pulled up over his nose 😂
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Hazey_Jane wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:30 pm And I hope I don't come across as bragging about life over here but... we've been wearing masks in shops and on public transport since 27th of April. The 27th of April! Nearly fully three months before the UK.

The benefit being- I've lifted most of the following text from a website but it goes to show the difference it's made: There have been no new cases report in my city state of just under 2 million since Sunday, and only 12 new cases in the past seven days. That is 0.7 cases per 100,000 people far below the limit of 50 new infections per 100,000 inhabitants, above which the state goverbment would have to discuss renewed restrictions to contain the pandemic. This would be necessary within seven days in the event of 900 new infections.

Since the end of February, 5230 people have been infected with the Sars-CoV-2 virus. The Robert Koch Institute (RKI) estimates that around 4900 have recovered. The Institute of Forensic Medicine at the University Hospital in XYZ determined that 231 people died of Covid-19. The RKI counted 261 deaths in deviation from this.

This means that 17 corona infected people from the city and the surrounding area are currently being treated in hospitals, 7 of them in intensive care. These numbers have thus risen slightly since Friday. At that time there were 15 infected persons in the hospitals and 4 of them had to be treated in intensive care.
Irrelevant BUT I actually love Robert Koch. He's much better than that grandstanding bastard Pasteur.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

You don't need to persuade us Hazey! Just our shit-for-brains politicians.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

It's a pained laugh, but Marine Hyde is bang on, as per usual.
Luce

Post by Luce »

I bloody love her. And have been internally screaming at 'face coverings' also.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I feel we are all paying the price for a girl laughing at his poem in sixth form
:love2: :lol: Though I think that could apply to all of the cabinet, not just to Cummings.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m going to guess we don’t call them “penis coverings” so any old idiot. Can’t wrap his knob in cling film and think that’s ok.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

I don't mind "face coverings", as it does cover non purpose built masks.
Johnson and his wanker associates are a bunch of macho tossers though.

I bet knob in cling film has been tried as contraception.
Malan
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

Smunder Woman wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:39 pm My friend forgot his mask on Saturday, so walked around Aldi with his t-shirt pulled up over his nose 😂
I saw someone do this at the weekend too! I had to laugh, but it does show that he was at least willing to do something, rather than go without!
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Pubs are reopening here today :bob: My brother is back at work after 4 months closure! I know he is relieved but I am worried for him. I worry about him catching it, but also about him having to police people's behaviour and at the same time, I worry about him not being busy enough to keep the business going. I almost don't know what to wish for!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

A steady flow of sensible people who buy food and the most expensive drinks but in moderation? :)) It must be so hard for people working in pubs, their margins are tight enough as it is without having to limit numbers, and I would not want to have to tell drunk people to sit down/social distance. But if they're sober, where's your money coming from? I hope it goes well for your brother.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I hope it’s all ok for him. I think a midweek reopening is so much more sensible than a “Super Saturday” approach.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Thank you both, yes he's glad its a mid week day, it gives them time to figure stuff out before the weekend.

They don't do food, Goat but hopefully people will buy the pricier booze :)) Its very much a "regulars" pub so there is an element of self policing which helps but there are always some people who won't be told, and who struggled with personal space before all this!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

emma_p wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:24 pm
Topcat wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:07 pm
emma_p wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:13 pm The Gap near me has reopened as an outlet shop so the masks are 30% off in there. I just stocked up and got some for my mum and dad. Definitely have an extra H sized one if you want me to pop it in the post for you, TC.
That would be brilliant if you've got a spare, Emma. Happy to cover the cost of it, if course.

Thankyou!
Yes! I bought 2 family packs so definitely. PM me your address.
Somebody was very chuffed to receive her own post this morning. Thank you so much!
IMG_20200715_115730.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Glint

Post by Glint »

I hope it goes well for him, Sal. You’d imagine a regulars place, will be more sensible.