Covid-19

Post Reply
Ella77
Posts: 90688
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:55 am

Re: The Bats Fully Approved Thread about Covid-19

Post by Ella77 »

Derek Nimmo wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:48 pm
I'm just venting but I knew once the schools and universities went back, it would be all bets off - it just stands to reason.
The thing I find so hard to fathom is that they wantEd people back in offices about as soon as the children went back to school. I get that people need childcare, but are you fucking kidding me, we should all sit in offices with tens/hundreds of people whose children are back in school? ARE YOU FUCKING SURE ABOUT THIS?

User avatar
rosy
Posts: 41924
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:26 pm

Re: The Bats Fully Approved Thread about Covid-19

Post by rosy »

Rebel Pebble wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:17 pm
smalex wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:13 pm
Oh don't be sorry for us, we're way better off than a lot of people. Fucking hunting though. Hunting. Fuck off.
It's the fucking hypocrisy. And the fact we're being encouraged to dob each other in when fucking moneybags Cummings just stuck his contemptuous nose in the air at the attempts to bring him to book, and is untouchable.
this is how I feel. And powerless to do anything about it.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.

User avatar
Rebel Pebble
Posts: 20477
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:42 am
Location: Just right

Re: The Bats Fully Approved Thread about Covid-19

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Ella77 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:21 pm
Derek Nimmo wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:48 pm
I'm just venting but I knew once the schools and universities went back, it would be all bets off - it just stands to reason.
The thing I find so hard to fathom is that they wantEd people back in offices about as soon as the children went back to school. I get that people need childcare, but are you fucking kidding me, we should all sit in offices with tens/hundreds of people whose children are back in school? ARE YOU FUCKING SURE ABOUT THIS?
It doesn't make sense if you start from the assumption they want to make a success of this and do what's best for the UK. This then comes back to your point about it being deliberate and tied to Brexit. If you assume they want to break the country in two socially, and wreck it economically, while denying they're doing this, then it makes a dreadful sense.

User avatar
Epponnee Rae
Posts: 12974
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:26 pm

Re: The Bats Fully Approved Thread about Covid-19

Post by Epponnee Rae »

I know we are dealing with different specifics of outrageousness from respective governments/administrations, but that feeling of powerlessness is EXACTLY how it feels here all the time. About everything. It’s so exhausting.

smalex
Posts: 45696
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:29 am

Re: The Bats Fully Approved Thread about Covid-19

Post by smalex »

Rebel Pebble wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:21 pm
Yes, sorry, happy birthday for yesterday, Smal. I'm glad you were able to make the most of it.
Thanks!

User avatar
Rebel Pebble
Posts: 20477
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:42 am
Location: Just right

Re: The Bats Fully Approved Thread about Covid-19

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Epponnee Rae wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:29 pm
I know we are dealing with different specifics of outrageousness from respective governments/administrations, but that feeling of powerlessness is EXACTLY how it feels here all the time. About everything. It’s so exhausting.
Oh, I think there's a horrible amount of commonality between Trumpian politics and our shithouse of a government.

Disco
Posts: 41778
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:28 pm

Re: The Bats Fully Approved Thread about Covid-19

Post by Disco »

Ella77 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:21 pm
are you fucking kidding me, we should all sit in offices with tens/hundreds of people whose children are back in school? ARE YOU FUCKING SURE ABOUT THIS?
Yes! I had back to back meetings today - wfh obvs, thankfully - and a lot of my colleagues have toddlers in nursery. 100% of them have a cold right now and 50% had their children at home off nursery because their children have a minor cough with their cold symptoms and they didn't know what to do so are isolating, working and parenting so as to not send their children in. Thanks goodness my company are not making us go into offices. I'd be a nervous wreck.

User avatar
Epponnee Rae
Posts: 12974
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:26 pm

Re: The Bats Fully Approved Thread about Covid-19

Post by Epponnee Rae »

I completely agree (ETA with Rebs). It’s just showing up a bit differently in the specific actions is what I meant, but the MO’s are increasingly convergent.

User avatar
Rebel Pebble
Posts: 20477
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:42 am
Location: Just right

Re: The Bats Fully Approved Thread about Covid-19

Post by Rebel Pebble »

That also goes for commuting as well. Mr R has decided to drive to his voice job in Greenwich/Blackheath tomorrow. It would have been 2 changes and three trains all in rush hour. I genuinely still don't know how busy our trains are now but the timings were similar and and an hour on the M25 seems preferable to him as things are with figures rising again.

Once he's there it's just him, so that's good.

User avatar
Heebie Jeebie
Posts: 13840
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:41 am

Re: The Bats Fully Approved Thread about Covid-19

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

With the children and teenagers back at school/uni, and twenty somethings in full social swing, the parents really need to be the buffer between them and the grandparents. I know that's simplistic but it's a good argument for not encouraging people back to the office or onto public transport. .

User avatar
Little My
Posts: 6921
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:59 pm

Re: The Bats Fully Approved Thread about Covid-19

Post by Little My »

It's all going to shit here too. Classes haven't even started yet at uni, but the students are in residence and there's already an outbreak declared to the point they now have a mobile testing station on campus. The rest of the testing centres are all maxed out and can't cope with the demand. And schools are back this week. It's so upsetting.

User avatar
Rebel Pebble
Posts: 20477
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:42 am
Location: Just right

Re: The Bats Fully Approved Thread about Covid-19

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Little My wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:12 pm
It's all going to shit here too. Classes haven't even started yet at uni, but the students are in residence and there's already an outbreak declared to the point they now have a mobile testing station on campus. The rest of the testing centres are all maxed out and can't cope with the demand. And schools are back this week. It's so upsetting.
Are you in Canada? Sorry, I've forgotten.

User avatar
Estrella
Posts: 16795
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:13 pm
Location: The Future

Re: The Bats Fully Approved Thread about Covid-19

Post by Estrella »

Queensland is going ok just now. We are getting cases but they are linked to two small clusters and the new cases tend to be from people who are already isolating/it’s spreading within family unit at home. We are at 28 active cases for the whole state. And testing is happening/is readily available. But what is really getting to me is that we are essentially isolated. Our state borders are closed with the exception of South Aus/Northern Territory. And our international borders are closed too. For the foreseeable future. It’s not sustainable. We can’t live in our little QLD bubble forever. And I can’t even begin to think of what I do if something happens to my parents. What with the limits on flights if I do get an exemption to travel and the $$$ mandatory hotel quarantine and I don’t think I could get to them.

User avatar
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended
Posts: 18155
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:14 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: The Bats Fully Approved Thread about Covid-19

Post by Smunder Woman »

The entire PE department in Joe's school are at home isolating as one of the staff tested positive. Apparently none of the children are counted as close contacts, so it sounds as though it's someone who doesn't directly teach (although I have no idea if this is even a thing).

User avatar
FiveO'Clock
Posts: 2765
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:50 am
Location: The Mitten State

Re: The Bats Fully Approved Thread about Covid-19

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Epponnee Rae wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:29 pm
I know we are dealing with different specifics of outrageousness from respective governments/administrations, but that feeling of powerlessness is EXACTLY how it feels here all the time. About everything. It’s so exhausting.
Yes, total powerlessness. And everything is confusing. It's not just having to accept a grim reality, we don't actually know what the reality is.

User avatar
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended
Posts: 18155
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:14 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: The Bats Fully Approved Thread about Covid-19

Post by Smunder Woman »

God, Five. Exactly that. I feel like being told clearly how shit things are is infinitely better than not actually knowing.

User avatar
sally maclennane
Posts: 40494
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:01 pm

Re: The Bats Fully Approved Thread about Covid-19

Post by sally maclennane »

Smunder Woman wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:22 pm
The entire PE department in Joe's school are at home isolating as one of the staff tested positive. Apparently none of the children are counted as close contacts, so it sounds as though it's someone who doesn't directly teach (although I have no idea if this is even a thing).
Apparently when you get a positive test, Test & Protect will talk to you about who you have been in close contact with, and who needs to be notified.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse

User avatar
Kleio
Posts: 29447
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:14 pm

Re: The Bats Fully Approved Thread about Covid-19

Post by Kleio »

Unfortunately there are loads of reports of people with a positive result who haven’t been contacted.

User avatar
Marth
Posts: 39208
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:11 am
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Re: The Bats Fully Approved Thread about Covid-19

Post by Marth »

Info on our local pub page. V B and J are community owners of the pub.

Should us punters (in the pub on the 4th, and served and chatted to L for a bit, with her mask mainly on, but a bit down) been texted?

I'm just seeking to understand the track and trace. Her partner B is seriously ill in ICU. It's very sad.

"B, V and J (who are in a bubble together) have all tested positive for Covid 19. They have passed the relevant info onto track and trace.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
We have been waiting for confirmation regarding further instructions, which has been a difficult process.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
J has not been into work since 3rd Sept as she was on holiday but came home when she developed symptoms to isolate. No need to isolate if you saw her at work as her symptoms developed outside of the scope for track and trace advice.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
V and B have not been to work since 6th September.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
🆘If you have been in close contact with V or B from 3rd September for more than a 15 minutes without mitigation then please follow the advice and isolate. This only includes you if you had face to face contact and their was no mask worn by either party and you were closer than 2 meters.
If you can not get tests because that is proving disappointingly difficult in London then please note there is a walk in centre for urgent needs that will take you without an appointment in).
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Rest assured that we are keeping the pub deep cleaned continuously. Every table and chair is cleaned after use and the pub is cleaned for 3 hours every morning.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
We are sorry to have to pass this information on, but it’s important that we do so that we can make sure our community stays safe. Your safety is our top priority"
You have lived life thus far, tell me how you have done it?

User avatar
Glint
Posts: 15108
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:00 pm
Location: Permanent Vacation

Re: The Bats Fully Approved Thread about Covid-19

Post by Glint »

I'm not sure Marth.

I was talking to a friend earlier, and her dad (and partner) are now isolating because a customer in a cafe they were also in has tested positive.

Post Reply