Vaccine (Good) News

Texaco Shirley

Re: Vaccine (Good) News

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I had AZ. As well as the side effect sheet they were handing out information about blood clots (how rare they are, symptoms to look for etc).
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Excellent, Tex! I got the normal info sheet, plus some questions about clotting etc but no extra symptoms description. My Mum did on her second, though, so I know what to look out for anyway.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

It looked like something the pharmacist had put together himself.
Luce

Post by Luce »

My parents have been booked in for Jab 2! Hurrah! I'll take that over getting my own so that's given me a few more weeks of not quite seething with jealousy :))
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

The friend I saw this evening had her jab a month ago, aged 44 and with no underlying conditions. The surgery just said they were rattling through their lists. She did get a text offering her an appointment a couple of hours later, so I suspect they were using up spare vaccines, but she's at the same surgery as me so it looks like I'd have been jabbed by now even if it weren't for uni.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

My mum has her second one on 26th!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Loralei wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:14 pm The friend I saw this evening had her jab a month ago, aged 44 and with no underlying conditions. The surgery just said they were rattling through their lists. She did get a text offering her an appointment a couple of hours later, so I suspect they were using up spare vaccines, but she's at the same surgery as me so it looks like I'd have been jabbed by now even if it weren't for uni.
I think they are getting through the 45s-50s really quickly. I don't think it will be long for the next band providing we don't run into any supply issues.

My dad hasn't really had any symptoms at all from his second jab, which I'm relieved about as he was quite poorly for a while after his first one.
Starry

Post by Starry »

My mum has her first jab on Tuesday. She (well, I) only registered on Thursday and got her appointment confirmation the following day. She’s getting AZ- all 60-70 year olds here are because no one else can have it according to our immunisation body. For now, at least.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

My dad had his second this morning :perky:
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Great news, Chicky!

My stepmum may have had an inside track on something but the message got muddled somewhere. The guidance for having the vaccine in pregnancy was updated yesterday to say we should we offered it now, supporting no AZ but only due to insufficient testing rather than due to any suggestion of harm from it:
Pregnant women should be offered a Covid jab when other people their age get one, the UK's vaccine advisers say.
They say the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are preferable because data from the US in 90,000 pregnant women has not raised any safety concerns.
[...]
"There is no evidence to suggest that other vaccines are unsafe for pregnant women, but more research is needed," it added.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56778146

The advice in the UK was previously no vaccine in pregnancy unless other risk factors indicated it. I’ve just turned 37 so I may get it before the due date after all :perky:
Disco

Post by Disco »

Lots of good news!
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I’ve just got the text from my GP!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Nice one, emma!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Yay! Mr G is just back from his (first).
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Good news!
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I have just had my letter- I'm next Monday :weewee:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Woohoo!
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Yay! This is all brilliant news.

I put it on the wrong thread but I've got jab 2 this afternoon, several weeks early. They referred to it as the 2nd one, too, so not a mix up (although my original appointment seems to still be booked. I'll cancel once I've been jabbed).
Glint

Post by Glint »

Great news Sal, we're still waiting for our letter, and mum for her 2nd.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Thank goodness the vaccine is swiftly sweeping through the population rather than the virus. I do think the under 45s will be up very soon, another couple of weeks. There's a government briefing later, it would be good if they told us they hope the 45+ will be done by end of the month and then start checking the site a week before. I bet by mid May for sure.