Healthy eating 2021

Skips

Re: Healthy eating 2021

Post by Skips »

I logged into an old MFP account and I've lost a stone in 3 years. So, at this rate, I will be at goal in 2027. :mog:

My GP recently referred me to my local Healthy Living Centre and I've been given 16 weeks free Weightwatchers membership so I am doing that and I will see how I get on. I'm less than a week on plan as I started last Friday (I was in two minds about whether to do it, but I figure it's free so I may as well try).
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

That's good Skips - and worth a go.

I'm pleased though as I've lost just over a stone (1st 3.5lbs) since January and I feel (and look) so much better for it - I'm not obese anymore for a start! It's been fairly steady progress, but I've been logging my weight most mornings on the fitbit app which averages out your weight for the week and it's been very heartening to see that my average weight has been steadily dropping, even within the week it varies by up to 4lbs! I've also lost 3 inches off both my bust and waist, and 2 inches from my hips - so all good really!
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

That’s excellent, Flora.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

ParisGal wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:56 am I have just put on 2.2kg in 24h.
Annd 2.1 back off this morning :lol: :shrug: (I wasn't constipated yesterday either!).

Flora, losing those waist inches is especially good news (if I understand correctly), brilliant!
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Yes, the waist thing has been one of my big concerns - I've always had an hourglass figure until after I had E when my shape completely changed and I ballooned around my waist - I think it's was an unfortunate combination of gaining a fair amount of weight, hitting 40 and long term steroid medication. I'm pretty relieved that it's reducing fairly steadily.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Waist inches are totally the best inches to lose. Well done, Flora!

Good luck with WW, Skips. I really like it and have found following the green plan to be really sustainable.
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

Well done Flora, nine, Est and Skips! Have you made it past the 2 stone mark yet nine?

I had a bit of a regression when I went through a very stressful few weeks at work, that I ate (and drank) my way through, but am now back on the wagon, eating healthily and exercising more. I’ve managed 12k or more steps every day this week, played netball and done a pump class. Onwards and downwards!
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Livilla wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:31 am Well done Flora, nine, Est and Skips! Have you made it past the 2 stone mark yet nine?
:)) No - I only posted that yesterday! Might be a few days yet.
viggy

Post by viggy »

nineseven wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:21 pm
Livilla wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:31 am Well done Flora, nine, Est and Skips! Have you made it past the 2 stone mark yet nine?
:)) No - I only posted that yesterday! Might be a few days yet.
What about NOW? :)) :impatient:
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

:lol: The last two weeks have been excruciating on the scale :)) :emme: I lost about a pound a day for a week at the end of April so my body is catching up with itself.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Waist inches are brilliant, flora!

I have woken up to a 6lb loss! A couple of those I think were bloat, I've weighed myself every day and I was consistently 2lbs below my start weight, however this morning there was a big drop. I'll weigh again tomorrow and if my weight has gone back up I'll adjust on my tracker.

Est, WW put me on the blue plan which I've decided to do for a few weeks, if I stall I'll change to green as one of my issues is not knowing when to stop eating, but so far so good.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Well done, Skips!

I went shopping today and bought a size 12 :weewee: And I fitted into some trousers in Zara for first time ever! I never thought I’d see the day.
Skips

Post by Skips »

That's excellent, nine! I've always found Zara weird for sizing so I'd be chuffed with that.

I regained some of the 6lbs I lost so I adjusted my weigh in to that this morning. It's still a loss of 4.5lbs in week one though so I'm really pleased. I didn't want to keep it low and then be gutted if I had a gain next week, I'm usually a plodder when it comes to weight loss.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Excellent, Nine!

Skips, I’m similar in that I don’t really have an off switch so green works best for me but I have a friend who follows purple because she loves the huge list of free foods.

Staying stable here at the moment - hovering around 56.5kg. It was my birthday this weekend so it’s been more indulgent than usual (including much pizza and a really nice vegan chocolate cake that MrE bought for me) but that’s allowed.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Well done Skips! That's still a really good loss.

Nine - my marker of the thinnest I've ever been as an adult was when I bought a size 12 pencil skirt from Zara!
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Flora Poste wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:47 am Nine - my marker of the thinnest I've ever been as an adult was when I bought a size 12 pencil skirt from Zara!
Which is about a size 8 in normal shops :mog:

I’m still stuck on -1st 13.5 :verm: I’ve seen flashes of the pound below though, so hopefully it will show soon.

Do you reckon you’ll stick where you are now, Est? I even tried your trick of changing the batteries in my scales but to no avail :lol:
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’m definitely in the mindset of maintain now. Which I’m trying to manage by having regular weekdays at lower points and slightly more chilled/indulgent weekends. It seems to work best for me. I’m a size 8 reliably in shops now and don’t want to be any smaller for fear of looking haggard.

Wishing a disappearing pound for you to take you over that threshold. You’re doing amazingly!
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

I find maintenance so hard - it’s like I have a mindset of eating to lose weight, or eating too much and I find it really hard to strike a balance. Your plan sounds good Est.
viggy

Post by viggy »

It's so lovely to read about people doing well and feeling positive about their bodies :love:

My physio gym referral came through, so I've had my induction and been a couple of times just doing my own thang - the next step is to get a proper programme made up, but even doing what I've been doing feels like it's helping already. It has a knock ion effect with what I'm eating too - I'm not counting calories or anything, but I'm definitely eating in a more moderate way, and lost about a pound last week.

I know exercise by itself is unlikely to make much difference, but it feels good to be looking after my body.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

I always eat better when I'm doing regular exercise, Viggy. I find the two go hand in hand for me. Mr P is the opposite though - he exercises more when he's eating badly to counteract it!