Covid-19

sally maclennane

Re: Covid-19

Post by sally maclennane »

I don't think they'll make huge changes, Smunder. I reckon if they do anything, they'll bring in vaccine passports.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Bollocks. Reuben just failed an LFT with the strongest positive I’ve seen. He’s booked in for a PCR tomorrow and that’ll be the end of his dinosauring.

He’s got stomach cramps and a headache but was ill enough to put himself to bed.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Oh no Kleio! It's so weird how he managed to escape when you all had it.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Elf escaped too! I was keeping him off school anyway as I couldn’t get him there so we never bothered isolating from him in the house.

I’m keeping Cube away from him now but Elf’s LfT is negative! Perhaps avoiding Covid is his Superpower.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

John Burn-Murdoch has posted some relatively positive tweets about Omicron. Emphasis on the relatively, but still.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

My booster is booked for Jan 4 but I’ve just heard there’s a pop up centre in Frome on Sunday so I might give that a whirl.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Do give it a try, Tex. I know it’s all a lottery at the moment but T got his booster at a walk-in place today. Always worth a shot, I reckon.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

sally maclennane wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:25 pm I don't think they'll make huge changes, Smunder. I reckon if they do anything, they'll bring in vaccine passports.
Hopefully! Any mention of them changing stuff gives me nightmares of home schooling :twitch:

Fingers crossed for Cube, and hope Elf avoids it.
sally maclennane

I can imagine, Smunder! I really think they'll do anything before closing schools.

J has been feeling lousy since last Friday. He got his flu jab and his booster, and thought he was having a reaction to the flu jab as he's had it before. However, it seems to be more of a cold and he's now developed a cough. So I suggested he have a PCR , he did a lateral flow on Monday which was negative, but I have known a few people to have those in the early days of feeling rough, and then test positive. He's been a bit huffy about it but he's booked one for today so hopefully he'll get the result tomorrow. It might just be a rotten cold but I think it's important to rule out Covid.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

Fingers crossed for J, Sally

I also have a pcr booked for midday. I got pinged on Monday morning, but was feeling fine then. Since then though I've developed a sore throat, cough, and headache. Hopefully it's just a cold, but...:cry:
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Fingers crossed!
sally maclennane

Fingers crossed for you, Zoomer!
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Lily wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:15 pm How long do antibodies last? I am certain I had it last year but assume it would be too late to tell. Mog, this means you are super immune too!
It depends a lot on age and your health. Studies are showing that some people with some auto-immune conditions do not develop antibodies from either infection or vaccination, or if they do, those antibodies don't last very long at all. As Mum is the proud owner of an auto-immune condition these days, I am getting cross with the anti-vaccination brigade because of this.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Lots of rumours that the govt are about to rush out Plan B plus, possibly even from tomorrow, which appears to be a WFH mandate and vaccine passports for large venues.

Not that the government has any authority any more, and I suspect most companies and venues that will obey are already doing this.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Yeah quite, they are beyond belief. I think a WFH mandate could be really helpful for people with unreasonable employers.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

My employer is steadfastly resisting any increased WFH so I think it would be sensible (more sensible weeks ago though).

Although I was due to go in tomorrow and I've got two chocolate mousses in the fridge. :lg:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Kenickie wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:11 pmAlthough I was due to go in tomorrow and I've got two chocolate mousses in the fridge. :lg:
And this is a problem how? :ready:
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

I think the mousse is in the work fridge? :))
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I’m watching PMQ and Plan B tomorrow has been mentioned in passing by Kier.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Princess Morripov wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:21 pm I think the mousse is in the work fridge? :))
Well that’s a tragedy then. :cry: