Testing times - Covid in 2022

kiwi

Re: Testing times - Covid in 2022

Post by kiwi »

Covid for me was an inconvenience rather than an illness, but I appreciate I was lucky. I've had actual flu twice, the first time when I was a student in a shared house where no-one really kept tabs on each other (we all would spend nights staying elsewhere) so no-one noticed that I couldn't get out of bed for 2 days and had no water, food or medication. :lol:
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

I hate that at my niece's school (and presumably at all schools?) there is an award at the end of term for 100% attendance. Firstly so what? But mostly if your kid is sick keep them at home!
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Mr D and I had proper flu together once, about 24 years ago and I still remember how horrendous it was. For me it was far worse than both my bouts of Covid. For this reason it also annoys me when people say they're "a bit fluey" or have "a touch of flu". No, you have a cold.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

kiwi wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:34 pm I hate that at my niece's school (and presumably at all schools?) there is an award at the end of term for 100% attendance. Firstly so what? But mostly if your kid is sick keep them at home!
Lots of schools have binned this sort of thing but lots still do it.
Luce

Post by Luce »

I also hate attendance awards, it seems so backwards for the kids.

I did wonder about flu, I’ve definitely never had that before. I also didn’t have a flu jab this year because I never got round to it.

Today was day 9 and the first day I felt better and I actually feel suddenly loads better and managed a walk round the block. I definitely would haven’t bothered with picking up money and knew it was bad because I couldn’t even listen to a podcast, let alone touch my phone. Urgh. My Covid was almost symptomless when I had it last year. This was horrendous and made me go a bit doolally.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I'm torn by attendance rewards. I agree with the majority view here, by and large, and obviously I've just had a massive moan about people sending their kids in to spread germs :lol: BUT it does have a huge impact on achievement. Plus, for some kids the attendance award is the only one they get. :lol: The problem is that the letters don't achieve anything except getting the backs up of parents who care - parents who don't give a shit continue to not give a shit. A girl in my form had two days off with a sore arm last week ...
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

A big fat red line for me this morning after I woke up with a banging head and a sore throat. Even my teeth ache. No idea where I've picked it up from as I literally go from home to work and back again, & no-one else at work seems to have it. But apparently it is rife around here again.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Oh no. I hope it's not too bad for you.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Oh pal, it's such a shitter. Hope it doesn't last long.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Thanks people's, fortunately my face ache only lasted for a few hours and I'm left with what is essentially a stinking cold. I feel very fortunate as I'm hearing horror stories from other people who have caught this wave.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Poor old you! If it helps to counteract all of the doom ridden anecdotal evidence, I had a dose a couple of weeks ago (3 months to the day after the last one :lg:) and it was just like a cold and nothing more.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Oh no, Kiwi. Sounds pretty grim even though it’s been quick ish. Hope you’re clear of it soon.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

I got a booster jab today to ensure that my next bout with it is like a cold. Hope you’re doing better soon kiwi
Little My

Post by Little My »

Hope it clears up soon for you, kiwi.

We are behind on the kids booster shots, after a failed attempt right before xmas. I should really figure out a plan for that ASAP. Many of our vaccination clinics are closing down now.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I didn’t see anything about under 50s being able to get booster jabs here but apparently there’s a deadline looming. I had mine when I was volunteering at the clinic but R hasn’t had one yet.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Beeb says if you haven’t had 3 jabs, so it’s not a 4th.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

wendy james wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:15 am Beeb says if you haven’t had 3 jabs, so it’s not a 4th.
Oh I didn’t spot that. R hurriedly booked himself a jab for Thursday.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Cerise wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:44 am
wendy james wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:15 am Beeb says if you haven’t had 3 jabs, so it’s not a 4th.
Oh I didn’t spot that. R hurriedly booked himself a jab for Thursday.
I saw it mentioned on BBC breakfast this morning, and thought the same as you, it wasn't clear that it wasn't a 4th jab.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Gah. J is down with it. The positive result came up before the sample even hit the control line.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Ah no Est! Is he really ill with it?