Vaccine (Good) News

Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Re: Vaccine (Good) News

Post by Kenickie »

Thanks, Teasel, it's really interesting to have your insight into it.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Sorry, Marth, that wasn’t aimed at you, more at myself! I meant just that it’s going to be start to feel difficult when people who should have had the vaccine haven’t had it yet and as a reminder to myself to not feel jealous!
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Don't call them to ask about progress or nhs numbers, you might make them all cry. Mine texted me and are all "we will call you, we promise, please don't jam up the phone lines".
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Oh good point Baa, probably better to check if they have a website or FB page
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Ooh, I've heard on the grapevine that my nhs employer has bought enough for all staff, so I should be getting a vaccine of some kind soon! Ish!
Starry

Post by Starry »

My sister is getting hers tomorrow. I’m so relieved, she works in a maternity hospital and they have people coming in who don’t disclose they are close contacts, or suddenly announce they have no sense of smell after being in for several hours.
Sky

Post by Sky »

Marth wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:26 pm
Chicky wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:16 pm
Mr C’s aunt and uncle (89 and 91) respectively have been done which I’m pleased about. They live in Eastbourne too so probably represent the lower end of the age bracket :))
:mog:

You don't need your NHS number. It's fake news.
We've been told that we must have our NHS number when we attend and I presume it's so they can inform my GP as I'm getting it at work? I haven't the first clue what mine is and had to dig out and old clinic letter to find it.

So yeah, your GP will absolutely have that information and it seems bonkers to demand that patients have it but I wouldn't run the risk of being turned away.
nineseven wrote:What's the point in being slim if you have to stay indoors all the time, leaking from your anus?
http://www.justgiving.com/Pamela-Ward" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Sky wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:40 am
Marth wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:26 pm
Chicky wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:16 pm
Mr C’s aunt and uncle (89 and 91) respectively have been done which I’m pleased about. They live in Eastbourne too so probably represent the lower end of the age bracket :))
:mog:

You don't need your NHS number. It's fake news.
We've been told that we must have our NHS number when we attend and I presume it's so they can inform my GP as I'm getting it at work? I haven't the first clue what mine is and had to dig out and old clinic letter to find it.

So yeah, your GP will absolutely have that information and it seems bonkers to demand that patients have it but I wouldn't run the risk of being turned away.
I stand corrected.

Luckily I have our NHS cards to hand.
Malan
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Nhs staff are told to have their numbers. I had to take mine for my antibody test but then they found me on the system without because of my very distinctive name.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

We have access to System One/the spine/whatever, so can look up people's NHS numbers. I've only had to give name, address, dob, gp surgery for antibody test and flu jab.
speedy gonzalez

Post by speedy gonzalez »

I think someone got a bit snarky about one of our hospital directors getting it and then the hospital replied tweeting that she was also a front-line doctor. She soon backed down.
It was announced that at our hospital yesterday that they want all people working on site to have the vaccine so not just people directly employed by the hospital.
smalex

Post by smalex »

My sister's best friend's brother has had it yesterday, he is an A&E doctor though. slightly surprising he hasn't had it already, given the risk he must be at (although, he's already had covid).
Sky

Post by Sky »

baargain wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:23 am We have access to System One/the spine/whatever, so can look up people's NHS numbers. I've only had to give name, address, dob, gp surgery for antibody test and flu jab.
I've Spine access too and would assume that those running the clinics would be able to check for anyone who doesn't know their number (since we're not allowed to view our own info) however it's also the NHS where common sense isn't really used :ella:
nineseven wrote:What's the point in being slim if you have to stay indoors all the time, leaking from your anus?
http://www.justgiving.com/Pamela-Ward" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Starry

Post by Starry »

My sister got her first jab this morning, and my friend’s job (aged care) has been contacted by the health authorities to see how many staff they have that need vaccines.
Luce

Post by Luce »

I'd love some kind of vaccine ticker. I might just sit and watch it go up, just for a soothing 5 minutes.
Lola

Post by Lola »

The Guardian have added a vaccine percentage to their daily COVID figures so it might be nice (eventually) to see the percentage go up while the other figures come down. One day etc...
Teasel

Post by Teasel »

Sky wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:31 am
baargain wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:23 am We have access to System One/the spine/whatever, so can look up people's NHS numbers. I've only had to give name, address, dob, gp surgery for antibody test and flu jab.
I've Spine access too and would assume that those running the clinics would be able to check for anyone who doesn't know their number (since we're not allowed to view our own info) however it's also the NHS where common sense isn't really used :ella:
Of course it's a different system than either the spine or the clinical systems GP practices use :lol:
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

I took my 83 year old mother for her jab today. The centre only opened this morning but it was all working well. She went armed with her NHS number (on a prescription) but didn’t need it.

I was really heartened to see all the elderly folk coming out again with a spring in their step. :love:
Disco

Post by Disco »

Aw lovely.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

My OT mate has just had hers! She's been proper frontline going in and out of people's houses, so is v glad.