Gargle Your Heart - JM workout

Disco

Re: Gargle Your Heart - JM workout

Post by Disco »

I don't think it's that advanced* and I think you should get it to have in your JM arsenal for future. I think you're probably already doing a lot of the moves - from seeing the list you posted but NMTZ has full press ups, for example, rather than knees ones but I always end up on knees ones for the second round and one of her helpers does knees ones so you can moderate according to fitness levels really.

Her more recent dvds, imo, don't benefit anyone from being too advanced (come on what normal middle aged woman can do or would want to do a one armed burpee :ella: ) as I either end up adapting (a normal burpee with two arms) or flailing around because it's as if JM's got you playing Twister with weights and a broken back. So they don't seem that effective unlike a good old fashioned, NMTZ, 6W6P, Shred30; Ripped30.

All of that said I think I am going to start Hard Body or Killer Abs alongside NMTZ in a couple/ few weeks.

*I think I've lost perspective of what is advanced or not. Tex, what do you think?
Disco

Post by Disco »

Disco

Post by Disco »

1WS cardio this morning. I was dreading it but then got a bit high doing it and I felt amazing. I'm definitely doing it for another week just for the knee thrusters alone.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Stats.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Well done. My thigh hurts after the Jillian/cycling combo so I am having a rest day.

NMTZ isn’t so much advanced as long and focused. The moves are not tricky (unlike the later killer and hard series) so I don’t have any coordination issues but that does mean I work the muscles properly. It’s long (50 minutes) and the only cardio is the warm up so it’s intense. You do 7 circuits of 5 moves with a repeat per circuit and each focuses on a particular area so it can get painful :lol: The first time I did it I thought I was going to die but it is now my favourite as it does feel like it’s doing something. I need to run or cycle on alternate days though for the cardio.

ETA I’m back to knee press ups since whatever I did to my upper arm back in March. It’s completely recovered but definitely not as strong and I have to be really careful of form on the overhead tricep dips or I get a really unpleasant twinge.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:12 pm I’m back to knee press ups since whatever I did to my upper arm back in March. It’s completely recovered but definitely not as strong and I have to be really careful of form on the overhead tricep dips or I get a really unpleasant twinge.
Similarly I'm mostly sticking to my medium weights this time around because the heavier ones make me lose my form and I get a really unpleasant twinge in my right thigh on the the backward lunge with side raises and same overhead triceps with my left collarbone which gets a horrible twingy pinched feeling sometimes :vom:
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Disco wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:58 am I don't think it's that advanced* and I think you should get it to have in your JM arsenal for future. I think you're probably already doing a lot of the moves - from seeing the list you posted but NMTZ has full press ups, for example, rather than knees ones but I always end up on knees ones for the second round and one of her helpers does knees ones so you can moderate according to fitness levels really.

Her more recent dvds, imo, don't benefit anyone from being too advanced (come on what normal middle aged woman can do or would want to do a one armed burpee :ella: ) as I either end up adapting (a normal burpee with two arms) or flailing around because it's as if JM's got you playing Twister with weights and a broken back. So they don't seem that effective unlike a good old fashioned, NMTZ, 6W6P, Shred30; Ripped30.

All of that said I think I am going to start Hard Body or Killer Abs alongside NMTZ in a couple/ few weeks.

*I think I've lost perspective of what is advanced or not. Tex, what do you think?
Thank you!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Disco wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:00 am https://2lazy4gym.com/2014/03/13/hard-body/

:ruby:
Is that the one in the box set? I think I did it once or twice but I agree with this review, too much focus on the DJ and overly complicated moves. What’s extreme shed and shred like? Going by the title I’d say it’s one of the older ones.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Ah, that's the stupid DJ one! :lol: I did that for a while I think. Yes, in the box set.

I've never noticed extreme shed and shred. I shall take a look.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I didn’t do any yesterday in the end but just did W2D8. There is no chance I’m doing a W1 session on top of that - I don’t know what I was thinking :lol:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I get really ambitious on rest days too :lol:

Having said that my keg still hurts and I don’t think NMTZ would be a good idea. I am saved from running by unexpected snow.
Disco

Post by Disco »

NMTZ this morning and 7km walk this afternoon.
Disco

Post by Disco »

1WS cardio and 7km walk.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

You’re a machine! I didn’t sleep very well so no shred for me today. I did go for a four-mile walk though so hopefully I’ll sleep better tonight and get back on it.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

3km run. I abandoned the second lap due to rain and howling wind. I feel a lot better for having got out and done it though, maybe I’ll manage the full 5 next time.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

W2D9 done. Nearly at W3 :nerves:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Well done! Changing weeks is a mixed blessing, it might be harder but I imagine you’re fed up of the W2 routine by now.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Good work both!

British Gas were scheduled to come between 8am-6pm today (ridiculous long window of time :verm: ) so at 9am I began NMTZ. At 9.18am I get a call to say she'll be here in 20 minutes causing me to quickly change clothes, hastily put the sitting room back together again and hover around until arrival time. She's just gone but I cba to start again so that's me done for the day as far as JM is concerned.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

It's always the way, Disco. That's a stupidly massive time slot. :ella:

HIIT this morning. I think I'm going to alternate shred and HIIT as I was feeling a bit battered doing consecutive shreds.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Battering is a good description :lol:

I ran out of time yesterday between a bike rescue mission and a haircut. I have arranged to go for a run with my friend later so back to Jillian tomorrow.