Weight Loss 2020

happyhighlandcoo

Re: Weight Loss 2020

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

Well done, Hippy, that's great. It is a strange by-procuct of this awful situation that I'm doing less stress/boredom eating after work, finding time to exercise and trying hard with fruit and veg to keep my immune system going. I'm down a couple of pounds too, just one stone to go. I was joking to Mr Coo that if we have months off work, some people might come back looking completely different with weight, pregnancy, hair growth etc.
smalex

Post by smalex »

It will be interesting to see how we all emerge from our hibernation!
Well done both of you. I find it a lot easier to control without the variables of going out to eat, popping into shops, meeting friends for coffee etc.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Whereas I’m pretty much at my snacky worst when stuck indoors :cry:

I’m doing ok though, just about breaking even by keeping the running up.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Anxiety does not make me lose my appetite either. If anything, I'm more of the mentality of eat while you can, and don't waste food right now.

Technically I should be in a better position without restaurants, impulse buys and coffee stops. But my exercise has reduced. This week I aim to do exercise videos which my gym has sent out, and I will see where I am next weekend. (I have been maintaining for the last few weeks.)
smalex

Post by smalex »

My fucking husband has managed to lose 5 or 6lbs in 2 mother fucking weeks, while doing LESS exercise and apparently not changing much else (and totally unintentionally). I've spent the last 6 weeks eaking out the same with much sacrifice. 'I'm almost the same weight as when we first met!' *

*dead now
Little My

Post by Little My »

:lol:

I suppose all the bits and pieces you don't have now, like the odd coffee and treat out, really add up for some. I totally hate him too, because of course I'm not having that same effect.
Lola

Post by Lola »

Mr L has lost weight too by not having takeaways. Who knew??
smalex

Post by smalex »

S swears he didn't eat that much crap at work, but c'mon... who loses 6lbs in a fortnight?He wasn't even overweight to begin with!
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Smal! :verm: :lol:

I have squeaked down another lb *sigh* 12 down, 23 to go :ruby:
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

My seemingly eternal plateau seems to have tilted very slightly, down 2lb this morning. I’m celebrating by lying on the sofa.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

My very large male friend has lost weight by not eating out about 15 times a week. WHO KNEW? :lol:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

He should write a book!
happyhighlandcoo

:lol:

I'm still plodding. 4lbs to not be overweight. I'm determined to get there before 1st June! Then 5lbs to the next stone bracket. Maybe I can do that by July.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

My target is a stone to lose. I've lost 3.5 so far and I'm still 3 lb away from where I was when lockdown started, and I couldn't fit into clothes then! I've taken a slightly nerdy intense approach and I'm working out every day and starving myself on 1200 calories.
Malan
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

I'm doing the nerdy approach too, Marth. God its dull.

And the scales aren't moving at all. I'm determined to shift it though, this is the first time in years I've had the motivation. I'll keep plodding on.
Marth

Post by Marth »

I'm swapping to slimming world today as I'm just far too hungry doing 1200 and calorie counting. My weight is up and down and I seem to have put on 3lb since Friday , maybe due to being off plan for about 4 days. I wasn't massively stuffing my face though.

2 cm off the waist but that doesn't seem to have changed for ages .
Malan
happyhighlandcoo

Good luck with the switch, Marth. 1200 is very low, I'd also struggle with that, I'm sorry it hasn't been successful for you. Slimming World is great if you do it right, never hungry and always lose weight. I think the key is the 1/3 speed/super speed foods.

I'm still going, slowly slowly. I'll weigh in tomorrow but I'm going in the right direction and feel healthier overall. 1.5lbs to go to not be overweight.

I've switched to yogurt, fruit and oats for breakfast which saves me 100 calories. I find the little swaps here and there really add up which means I can come in lower (or have a bonus glass of wine!)
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Good luck Marth. Could the 3lb be water retention? You'd have had to eat a billion calories to put that on in a week!

I'm still plodding on. I had a week long stall which was rubbish but seem to have gone past that now. Its just sooo slow.
Marth

Post by Marth »

Sb1 went shopping yesterday and came back with one of those huge aero bars for me (unrequested) I ate it all in one go, then felt terrible . That's what made me realise I need to eat more.

I had rice cakes for breakfast with lots of free salad heaped on them. I feel better already.

1.5 to not being overweight is great.

ETA I've got 5lbs before I drop into the healthy bracket.
Malan
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

That sounds better for you, Marth. There’s definite something to be said for very low cal “kickstarting”, but sustainability is so important.

I’m at my lowest weight for about 20 years as of today. WHICH should feel great except for the fact that I’m currently having to monitor my blood pressure for being high :cry:

Also, largely due to all the running, my arms and legs are getting thinner all the time but I still hate my stomach :lg: