Testing times - Covid in 2022

Arrietty

Re: Testing times - Covid in 2022

Post by Arrietty »

Ugh, that sounds miserable. Hopefully it will wear off soon. Though it took a good six months to get back to something like normal with smell/taste the first time I had Covid :cry:
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Uncle-IL, who is undergoing chemo, has COVID :( He's been doing very well otherwise, I don't know what to think really.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Oh, that's rubbish, PG. I hope he's ok.

I am getting a booster tomorrow - the text has just come through. It will be the first time my asthma has pushed me out of my usual age group for anything Covid-related.
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

ParisGal wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:36 am Uncle-IL, who is undergoing chemo, has COVID :( He's been doing very well otherwise, I don't know what to think really.
If it helps, PG, my sister is a chemo nurse and she didn't lose any patients to COVID - in fact, she was surprised at how well they all handled it. So everything crossed he doesn't have any bother.

Really hope you get your sense of smell/taste back soon, Rosy, that sounds miserable.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Hope he's ok, PG.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Thank you, and thank you AshleyX, that's reassuring.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I hope your uncle is ok PG.

I gave two things to say. 1. It’s 2023. 2. I feel utterly dreadful. I can’t stop shivering and can’t get warm in bed. I had the vaccine at 1.30pm and now I feel so bad.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Urghhhh. Pipple, is it Modern? I had to have time off work with both jabs.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I hope your uncle is OK, PG.

The double whammy of both vaccines is a lot. I hope you feel better in the morning, Pip.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Oof, I hope you feel better soon, Pip. I had a bad reaction to every covid jab but with the benefit of hindsight they were not half as bad as the actual covid. I recognise this is not at all helpful to you right now.

PG, I hope your uncle in-law is OK.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Yeah, it’s the Pfizer one. I’ve had a bit of sleep but I can’t get warm again now. I want to cry.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Oh no Pip, I had a bad reaction when I got the flu vaccine a couple of weeks ago, they gave me the Covid one too but I have had that combo before and didn't react badly to it. I had it on a Thursday night, felt OK after it, then on the Friday morning, I felt a bit ropey. I couldn't get warm at all, and I ended up logging off work that afternoon. I felt better on the Saturday but still a bit headachey and I was fine by the Sunday.

I hope you recover soon!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Thanks for all the UIL wishes :hug:

My dad and stepmum had their jabs the other day and said they only had sore arms. It's such a lottery!

I doubt I'll be able to have flu or covid jabs this year, but am seeing my GP for other stuff this afternoon and will ask.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I don't know if they are being more lenient about allowing exceptions this time, as they are only going to the over 65s and vulnerable groups. Previously I haven't 'jumped the queue' because of asthma, but this time I have had a flu jab and am getting a Covid one despite being under 65. I don't think I am more vulnerable than before, but I'm glad of it anyway.

The groups are a bit arbitrary really. S has occasional asthma, but when she was a student she didn't know she had it. She had a bad cold, which developed into a chest infection, and ignored it as she was 18 and having fun/was invincible :ella:. In the end she had a bad attack and was blue lighted to hospital, so is on the vulnerable list, despite not needing preventer inhalers. She got food parcels in lockdown and was at the front of every queue, whereas I was having regular tests for lung conditions and was only ever with others of my age group. The food parcels sounded dreadful, so I don't envy her those :)). Tinned meatballs, anyone? She's a vegetarian, but even the dog wouldn't eat them. You couldn't opt out, or return unwanted food - presumably in case of contamination.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Sb1 woke up Tuesday feeling very ill. Was in bed all day Tuesday and Wednesday, hot then freezing etc, feeling terrible and then throwing up. Felt much improved Thursday and fine today. Tested him today and faint (but very clear) positive COVID line.

So quick to be very ill then have a diminishing positive line, all within 4 days!
Malan
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Yes! S felt terrible at the weekend, tested neg until Tues evening when he had a very strong line. Negative today already?! No one else has any symptoms or testing positive :touchwood:
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Sb1s girlfriend has had the same symptoms at the same time as him, Inc throwing up, feels ok now and is testing negative. It's all weird
Malan
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Ooh I just got invited for a Covid vaccination. I think they’ve updated my medical record and it’s because of my BMI, but I’ll take it.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

My colleague was invited for a covid vaccination too but has no underlying health conditions. She just turned 50 so wondered if the age criteria was lowered?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I wonder if take up has been low.