Testing times - Covid in 2022

Disco

Re: Testing times - Covid in 2022

Post by Disco »

emma_p wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:16 pm My colleague was invited for a covid vaccination too but has no underlying health conditions. She just turned 50 so wondered if the age criteria was lowered?
My friend too!
Skips

Post by Skips »

We've only just invited to ours and we're usually in the first wave of groups. Oddly J usually gets his before me but mine has been booked a month earlier.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

There was a walk in where I was today for mine. I do think you can just search for a walk in and rock up
Malan
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I've just been invited too and there's nothing wrong with me and I'm in my thirties. Madness!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

How strange. I hope I get an invite!
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

No invite here yet, plus I just checked the national booking site and it wouldn't let me since I'm not a carer/healthcare worker/living with someone vulnerable etc. I might see if the usual place is doing walk ins for 50+. if this is the way it's going.....
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I'm usually at the front of the queue and only got my invite yesterday, or maybe the day before.

I think there might have been another fuck up here somewhere, otherwise the arseholes in charge would be screaming from the rooftops trying to claim it was them.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

The policy here is over 65s and other at risk populations are recommended, anyone else can have it if they want, for free. I've not seen anything in the media though, so I don't know how much they're encouraging the at risk people to actually have the vaccination. We've got an appointment for tomorrow.

For the 'flu jab on the other hand we have to wait for a month to give priority to at risk people, then pay for it. I know for the 'flu that the at risk people get a letter inviting them to take it up, as has always been the case.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

I need to check with my GP but when I logged into the online meds portal thing the other day it was showing me as eligible for a vaccination. I think it's the autism thing again, which I won't argue with, given I'm generally structurally oppressed. :))
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

I wouldn't check with your gp I'd just get it

I had a message through mygp app saying I was eligible for a flu and COVID booster so I got them done the other week. I just had to show the message on my app. I'm assuming it's because my Dr clicked unofficial carer for my mum a few years ago

I wasn't going to argue
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I'm not eligible for the covid jab AFAIK but I did have the flu jab on Monday lunchtime through a work voucher scheme, and I've been completely hanging ever since. I feel like I could fall asleep with minimal provocation.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Just to give the other side of the coin, I had the covid booster (Pfizer) and flu jab together last week and other than a slightly sore shoulder didn't have any other side effects.

If you've got the NHS app, you can go on and book yourself an appointment at your nearest centre if you have a condition that necessitates it / you're of an age. There's no online checks for either criteria as such, but I did get asked by the nurse before I was stabbed.
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

I've just tested positive. That explains why I've been feeling shit and nauseous with razor blades in my throat. I'd put it down to stress at work.
I'm supposed to go to Paris for work next week. TGV, meetings etc..
The pharmacy lady said it wasn't a problem since no isolation is required since February.
She said that if I felt well enough to go there was nothing to stop me.
I'm not sure I'm comfy with the idea of sitting on a TGV for3.5 hours then 3 days of meetings and potentially contaminating people.
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-66994137

This is an interesting read, and may help with your decision, SunnyMum.
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

Oh, that IS interesting. Especially the bit about what would I do if, while having symptoms, I tested negative. Would I still go or would I cancel if I had a cold or a mild dose of the flu?
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

At the end of February 2020, I had a right proper stinker of a cold. I’m certain it wasn’t Covid. I kept dragging myself to work every day- as I ways did when I had a cold- until I was eventually told by my boss to stay home. I’ve learned from that and experience and if I ever feel that shitty again,
I’m staying home. My colleagues would stay home and not work for a lot less than that!

Incidentally, that cold was worse than when I had Covid two years later.
Skips

Post by Skips »

My new job is statutory sick pay (it's very common round here) so I'd drag my dying body into work as I wouldn't get paid for the first 3 days sickness.
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

Same for me., Skips. And I have to get a doctor's note even for the first day. There's no self cert here. I'm very rural so getting a doc appointment can be tricky. At best I can negotiate WFH.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

That’s true too.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

M was sent a text this morning to book his Covid jab. He thought it was because if his age but then his two co-workers (younger and healthier than either of us) who are at the same surgery were sent a text too. I'm at a different surgery and haven't been contacted. :lg: I probably wouldn't bother but we are off to see M's elderly Pa in Australia in December so I feel like I should take all precautions if I can.