Covid-19

Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Re: Covid-19

Post by Smunder Woman »

Yep. I totally get Heebie's point about not caring about getting it anymore too. I only really care from a logistical point of view, because it would be even more of a nightmare getting work/parenting/whatever else done, but I feel like that about any kind of illness. I'm far more concerned about inadvertently spreading it.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Who is all of this ire aimed at?

If it’s me because I said I, me personally, don’t deem walking through crowds of people safe then say so.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

This thread is good too about hazard/risk

https://twitter.com/ruaraidhdobson/stat ... 23680?s=19
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Disco wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:23 am Who is all of this ire aimed at?

If it’s me because I said I, me personally, don’t deem walking through crowds of people safe then say so.
I think we’re all just arguing ourselves round in circles, mostly because there nothing else to talk about any more.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

We’re all just screaming into the void, now. :lol:
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

It's not you :)) it's not even here really, just general being fed up.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I don't know?! But I had to go back and check what I'd posted to see if it was me. :lol: There's a lot of ranting on here but as far as I know no-one is stopping anyone going outside. I don't know if we've all just reached the primal screaming stage?
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I assumed the ire was aimed at the government and their threats to tighten restrictions further.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Disco

Post by Disco »

Ok! It just seemed to fire up after I said I didn’t think outside was safe. I go outside. I chat to my neighbours, post man, friends outside. Do I walk through groups of people? No because I don’t think that’s safe. If anyone else does that’s up to them and I don’t care what they do.

Just to clarify.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Primal screaming. :lol:
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

In all brutal honesty. I think some people are just winding themselves up about it now and it's going to end up in a row. It can be quite hard to read sometimes without paranoia and anxiety kicking in. I get that's it's useful to moan and rant sometimes but, at the same time, there is an element of it becoming an intense rage feedback-loop.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

I'm not raging, I'm fed up and worn down, and felt like replying to other people who seemed to be feeling similar. That is all.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I know, I totally get it. I just worry that people are winding each other up in a shit situation.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I am in a mind meld with Ruby.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Same. I’ve been avoiding posting much on here because it feels a bit tinder box-y and doom laden. Which is of course just how people are feeling and understandably so. But still.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Ruby wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:32 am It can be quite hard to read sometimes without paranoia and anxiety kicking in.
I totally agree with this. Often you're just talking about yourself & then it looks like/feels like you're directing it in a sideways manner at someone else (if one can direct something sideways!). I honestly don't think we're doing this - we might do it about other stuff :)) but I think we're all on the same side on this. All trying to muddle through it as best we can.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

smalex wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:04 am
Smunder Woman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:54 am :)) (at Bats)

I agree about it driving people indoors. I'm really not comfortable with the "stop seeing what you can get away with" sentiment. Of course, there are people who are doing what they want, but what I see is the majority of people just trying to work out what they can do to protect mental health that has already taken a hammering.

The boys have lost the better part of a year already. I've lost my relationship. Anyone who thinks I shouldn't be using my extended household or talking to someone on a walk can fuck right off.
Absolutely. Lots of people have made enormous sacrifices, if going out for a walk (or taking my child for a walk) makes me morally inferior then I just don't give a fucking shit anymore. I'm really quite offended by the insinuation.
Yes.

I think some of the ire is directed at the vague government advice to 'act like you have the virus' which would mean no walks. And some of it at people we know from elsewhere who might make a virtue out of hiding away permanently. And also I think a few people here made a comment pages back, which I can't be bothered to find, about how people should stop thinking about what they can get away with under the rules. It's hard to know what was meant by that so maybe people are reacting unnecessarily but it felt a bit like people shouldn't be doing anything just in case, which is only sustainable for people in certain situations really. But maybe that is just paranoia/reading too much into things.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Lily wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:48 am I totally agree with this. Often you're just talking about yourself & then it looks like/feels like you're directing it in a sideways manner at someone else (if one can direct something sideways!). I honestly don't think we're doing this - we might do it about other stuff :)) but I think we're all on the same side on this. All trying to muddle through it as best we can.
Yes! Like, I totally get what Lucy was saying about going to the supermarket - and I agree and do that myself - but then I felt weirdly paranoid and protective of people who got veg boxes. :mog:
Disco

Post by Disco »

:mog:

What about people who get meat boxes? :(
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Yes. I'm fucking exhausted with it all.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents