Covid-19

Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Re: Covid-19

Post by Marth »

Kenickie wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:03 pm
H1ppychick wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:13 pm I empty the crates at my front door into reusable Bags For Life, then redistribute stuff to its home in the pantry/kitchen etc in the bags, Pov, is your back too knackered for that (if so I’m sure lugging a full crate’s-worth in a liner must be significantly heavier)?
This is genius! I bring the crate through normally but it's often a really struggle to lift it so this is much better.

My area is down to 136 per 100k which is down from 220 last week, so nearly halving each time. This has cheered me up a bit.
We are down to 641 per 100k which is amazing. It was nearly 1300 per 100k 3 weeks ago.
Malan
viggy

Post by viggy »

I was using bags for life and re-packing at the door until I broke my ankle - now it's either my Mum or Dad having to deal with the delivery, so I'm getting crate liners to make it easier for them.

The delivery driver lifted the liners out for my Mum and she slid them along the hall into the kitchen, which I thought was quite smart. I can't wait until I don't have to use them though, I feel like I am DROWNING in plastic bags.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

H1ppychick wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:13 pm I empty the crates at my front door into reusable Bags For Life, then redistribute stuff to its home in the pantry/kitchen etc in the bags, Pov, is your back too knackered for that (if so I’m sure lugging a full crate’s-worth in a liner must be significantly heavier)?
Yup, me too.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

It’s heartening that cases are falling everywhere, lockdown is a pretty effective way of stopping transmission for the most part, brutal though it is.

I’m wondering what the Govenment’s plans for opening up again are starting to look like. If we had a better idea of where transmission took place then you’d think they’d be able to plan better (schools before pubs? Gyms and public visitor attractions before restaurants?) but I don’t know if they do understand it.
viggy

Post by viggy »

Our rate has dropped again, but it's still about double what it was before Christmas.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

My area has totally rocketed again according to the Zoë app :mog:
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Smunder Woman wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:39 pm My area has totally rocketed again according to the Zoë app :mog:
Whereas ours has come right down...still high but a lot lower than it was. On the .gov site, we're still high.

I'm not sure how or where the government can start to open up, at least not yet.

If they don't use any transmission data, how can they know that, for example, opening up schools is safer than opening up restaurants?

Everyone wants schools open but if that's where transmission is greatest, how can it be justified?
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

It halved last week, but is up a lot again this week. It does seem to be down in govt figures.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I don't understand what's going on with the Zoe app. Glasgow cases more than doubled in a week and then halved again a few days later.
viggy

Post by viggy »

Smunder Woman wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:39 pm My area has totally rocketed again according to the Zoë app :mog:
Ah fuck, brace myself for the numbers rising again soon then?
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

viggy wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:15 pm
Ah fuck, brace myself for the numbers rising again soon then?
Yep! Last week it went from around 5k to 2.5k, now it's at 8k.

Pretty much the opposite of Glasgow :))
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I am bracing for them opening up way too early and it all rocketing back upwards again. Again.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Yep. Will definitely happen.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

The Zoe app has a tendency to bonkersness though, I think. The sharp rise, plateau, sharp fall is strange here. Probably completely explainable.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

According to Zoe our numbers are on the rise - up 220 on last week.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

It's interesting to see others Zoe charts. Ours shows us back at October levels now. But even if that's the case, the number of hospitalisations is going to have to go down a fair bit before they can consider opening schools etc.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Heebie Jeebie wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:38 am It's interesting to see others Zoe charts. Ours shows us back at October levels now. But even if that's the case, the number of hospitalisations is going to have to go down a fair bit before they can consider opening schools etc.
I find it quite fascinating how different Glasgow and NL are, given there's practically no distance in it, and so many people from NL will be working in Glasgow and so on.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Same, Smun. I also watch West Dunbartonshire and it's very different as well.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I don't understand that app, is it self reporting or taken from official stats?
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Self reporting and their data generally leads the ONS stats quite accurately, at least on a national level, as far as I can see.