March Fitness

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: March Fitness

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Olive, I’m sorry for your impending double leg amputation.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Can you move today olive?!

I did the run with the girls last night (it’s only 8 one minute runs with walks between) then when we came back we choose a ‘Post Run’ circuit for our 7 minutes. It was half upper body stuff, followed by stretches, though I skipped some of the push up stuff. :lol:

I did a solo run this morning and have a bit of DOMS from Bodypump but nothing major. I can walk, sit and lift my arms above my head, so I’m glad I stuck to light weights. I’m doing a 30 minute class on Sunday, which might have been a better first one than the 55 minute class.

I have a couple more classes booked and some weights sessions planned this week, and will do another session with the girls on Friday. There’s talk of a bike ride this weekend but I can’t imagine it will be a long one.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Heavy weights session two. My upper body is definitely stronger 💪🏼 after all the pull up work I'vee been doing, but my squat is crap and has gone backwards 🙄 so annoying.
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

I’m finally getting off my backside and starting exercising again after a long long break. I’ve got some PT sessions lined up and went to a spin class today. I hated it :mog:. As much as anything else it was so uncomfortable - will my aforementioned backside toughen up quickly?
smalex

Post by smalex »

We had this conversation not that long ago somewhere on the boards :mrgreen: I think someone (luce?) was going to Do Science and see how long it took to stop hurting.
S cycles (outside) a lot, and he thinks you do get used to it quite quickly. I've always found it very uncomfortable Frooze! (I don't do it much).

weights circuit. again. I did walk W to cubs though, which is progress.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I wear padded shorts/tights to cycle outdoors but have never needed them on a spin bike which is a bit strange but yes, you will get used to it. If not, buy a gel seat cover to take with you.

Speaking of cycling - 13km into work on a slightly different route and 10km home. It was so nice this morning - it was a bit cold but also dawn/daylight :love:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Did four or five miles tonight but it wasn't good, I'm definitely fighting something off at the moment which made me struggle tonight.

But it was definitely illness and not an injury so I'm happy with that, if you see what I mean.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Glad it’s not an injury, TC.

How’s your foot, Smalex?

I managed to move today, just! Today was a rest day which is a good thing because my Achilles’ tendon was slightly tender. I’ve spent today icing and resting it as much as I could and I’ll aim for a little run tomorrow.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I updated the racing thread, I'm not sure why! It is slowly improving. Slowly. Thanks for asking!

Sorry you're under the weather TC and your Achilles is sore Olive.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

I did a 20 minute workout with weights this morning. That's three mornings of exercise in a row. Go me!

Rest day tomorrow although I will do a bit of walking and then I plan on running on Friday morning.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Froozy wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:49 pm I’m finally getting off my backside and starting exercising again after a long long break. I’ve got some PT sessions lined up and went to a spin class today. I hated it :mog:. As much as anything else it was so uncomfortable - will my aforementioned backside toughen up quickly?
I did Do Science and I'd say my backside improved after 3 sessions, perhaps? I'll be honest, it is a different part of my anatomy that hates spinning :lg: I've done it about 10 times now, saying that, and still love it. Although it was really hard this morning, I think I'm still a bit under the weather.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I’d give it 5 sessions and see Froozy.

I did a weights session this morning, then a HIIT class at lunchtime. I was the only person who turned up to the class. :lol:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

smalex wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:48 pm I updated the racing thread, I'm not sure why! It is slowly improving. Slowly. Thanks for asking!
Glad it’s improving.

I quite like being the only person in a class apart from yoga as I’m rubbish at it. :mrgreen:

Foot is still slightly sore so I did a weights and core session today. I’ll keep icing and plan on a short run tomorrow.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I’ve done yoga as one of two, and it was quite good for getting corrections!
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

Thanks Smal, Bramble, Luce and Wendy. I think I'm going to invest in a gel seat - anything to help at this stage!

I'd love a personal/small group yoga session.

I had a PT session this morning and really felt it in my legs. I spent a lot of the rest of the day walking around a shopping centre so I'm hoping that stops me seizing up completely tomorrow and Saturday.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Keeping moving sounds like a plan!

I forgot to say that I got proper DOMS today in my biceps, so can’t actually let my arms hang freely and have to walk around with them slightly bent as though I’m offering my colleagues something on an invisible plate at all times. :lol:
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Wendy :lol:

21ish km commute to and from work on the bike. This morning was glorious - it was nearly daylight when I set out and by the time I was on the main cycle path, it was daylight with a fabulous sunrise. Very cold but I quite like riding in the cold. Coming home, I made sure I took off a base layer so I didn't sweat as much as yesterday :)

We are supposed to be going for a run later but D is stuck on the motorway and isn't best pleased so we'll see if that happens.

Edit - we'll do the long run on Saturday - we just need to get some miles in so will do parkrun as it's D's 50th and then Gannet will drive my car home and we'll run home which is just about 10km.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Wendy :mog:

I have done my usual Thursday evening 5K although unusually I was on my own this evening. It felt really hard but I think that was mostly due to the cold.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Pilates was hard work tonight, I bet I’ll feel it tomorrow.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Hello. I’ve managed 2 x very short runs in muggy Miami (work trip) Hard going but god it was nice to be hot for a change!