Menopausal, perimenopausal, not sure, come join me!

Soomoggy

Re: Menopausal, perimenopausal, just nosy, come join me!

Post by Soomoggy »

Lady Kay wrote:Something else I've noticed, the week before aunt flo was due I get sore boobs and bloating in general now I get nothing which can catch me off guard, I'm having go about armed with tampons/pads just in case :ella:
Yes me too, and although I don't miss the bloating and sore boobs it would be good to have a little warning when it's going to strike.

My sex drive has got up and gone too, this pisses me off mightily.

Hola Onds :wave:
Onds

Post by Onds »

Hola 8)
Sex? What's sex?
Carocaro

Post by Carocaro »

:mog: oh yeah forgot the sex drive has left the building
CaroCaro xx
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

My sex drive has never left and may be even more rampant than before. However I live with an older man so sex is becoming a distant memory due to his loss of interest.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Sex drive is still there, on both sides fortunately, which is why I've got to sort contraception out. I've had an IUD for the past ten years which needs to be removed (ten years max, apparently), so we have to look at alternatives, as although it's highly unlikely I'd get pregnant, it is possible. I guess we could use condoms and relive those heady times when we first got together. I have an appointment in a week's time to remove the IUD and discuss all the options. S will go along with whatever I decide.

I've been taking EPO for years (1000mg per day) and will continue to do so if it helps with the menopause as well as period problems.
Tweedle

Post by Tweedle »

I'm a bit paranoid about possibly having an early menopause (I'm 41 in a month) as my Mum did. I've NO idea if that has any bearing on things. Question is, I'm on Cerazette mini pill which means I've had no periods at all for 2 years, and not keen to come off it just to check. I sometimes wake up pretty sweaty (i.e. hair soaked) from a night's sleep, and I have had absolutely no sex drive for about 3 years also - like, NONE.

Am I worrying about nothing?
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Tweedle
Those symptoms could be anything hormone related (or not). Your GP should be able to take some tests to check if you are approaching menopause, especially if you have some family history - go see the doc to try and put your mind at rest. Why are you so afraid of an early menopause - are you trying to concieve (sorry if there is a back story here that I am not aware of)?
Tweedle

Post by Tweedle »

Thanks Annabella - no, no particular back story. I have one 3-yr-old boy and another is not completely out of the question but now is not a good time for all sorts of reasons. I suppose I just don't like the thought of having the choice taken away from me.
Daphne

Post by Daphne »

I'm 41 and my periods have been all over the place for 5 years. My mother had an early menopause and although my hormone levels don't indicate that at the moment there's definitely something going on. I have developed rosacea :flirt:

Roll it on, I hate having periods. 30 years of agony and psychopathic tendencies so far.
Have another custard cream, Father, it's what they're there for.
Soomoggy

Post by Soomoggy »

haaahaahaaaaaa I love the 7 dwarves of menopause ... psycho is my favourite.
Onds

Post by Onds »

Yeah, Forgetful's mine.
If I don't write stuff down these days... :no:

Unless it's something unimportant, then I'll remember it :sodslaw:
Soomoggy

Post by Soomoggy »

Onds wrote: :sodslaw:
Is that like coleslaw but with sods?
Onds

Post by Onds »

I knew someone would say that :nerves:
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

What're the coles in coleslaw then? Huh?!
Onds

Post by Onds »

The word coleslaw comes from the dutch koolsla, which means cabbage salad. The name for the salad doesn't give a clue about what, besides cabbage, goes into cole slaw.
:teacher:
Onds

Post by Onds »

A word of warning for those considering their contraceptive stuff during menopause and for when they think it's done and dusted.
I was pretty sure I was over and done with, after about 8 months with no period or sign of. I was wrong :eek: :grump:

(I am not pregnant, fat chance, I have first period in several months, totally unexpected).
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I already have rosacea and chin hair (dealt with, I hasten to add), so menopause is going to be corking. :))
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

You'll be able to scare young children, nine!

I forgot to update following my appointment with the nurse. After gearing myself up to having the IUD removed, they've decided it can stay. Guidelines are that if it's fitted at 40 years plus it can be left until after the menopause, and as I was 39 so not far off they've decided to bend the rules a little. I'm happy as it's caused me no problems, and the nurse said that although its effectiveness may be slightly reduced now, she'd eat her hat if I got pregnant. (My only concern was she wasn't wearing a hat.)

Anyway, I'm doing fine and haven't had a hot flush for ages. Hope the rest of you are doing OK.
Broken_Biscuit

Post by Broken_Biscuit »

Well I probably belong in here.

I'm 43 and of late my periods are so erratic, I have no clue when to expect one. My last one was middle of September, and before that I had in 3 weeks in August. I am tres hirsute, always have been but now waxing and plucking my face seems to be a daily activity - why oh why does this have to happen! And all my weight is settling on my middle, damn it!

I actually went through a spell of sweats and hot flushes last year, but was diagnosed with high blood pressure and medication for that seems to have solved the hot flushes problem so I guess they weren't hormonal after all.

If it is the menopause, that's fine. Early but no problem. I'd just like it done and dusted really so I know one way or the other!
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

BB, I wonder if blood tests can establish if it is the menopause, especially as you're still quite young. I've no idea, but it might be worth asking your doctor, then at least you would know one way or another. I'm getting a nice bit of padding round my tummy too.