Contraceptive pill advice- anyone else taken Yasmin?

Disco

Re: Contraceptive pill advice- anyone else taken Yasmin?

Post by Disco »

Sorry, yes, I am definitely talking about Cilest.

I agree with purple though because pills, of course, affect individuals in different ways. What's good for the cow isn't good for the cat (is this an expression?! It doesn't sound right!).
Brass Neck

Post by Brass Neck »

If it's any help Dotty, once Microgynon stopped working as well for me I switched to Microlite and had ten years of perfect happy contraception. :yes: No experience of Yasmin though, I'm afraid.
Nail varnish mule
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Disco wrote: What's good for the cow isn't good for the cat (is this an expression?! It doesn't sound right!).
I think it's goose and gander. :))
Disco

Post by Disco »

:mog: So it is!
bright_light

Post by bright_light »

I could run Cilest through - I don't remember any breakthrough at all. Didn't help with my skin though. Am I the cow or the cat? :))
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I have been using the male contraceptive pill for quite some time.

You put it in your shoe and it makes you limp.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Disco wrote::mog: So it is!
Although yours is perfectly true. Grass, for example. Great for cows, not so much for cats. :george:

Erm, anyway, back to contraception...... :mrgreen:
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Just to confuse matters, I was on Cilest for about 10 years, I also couldn't run packs together because of bleeding. I was fine other than that, or so I thought, but then when I stopped taking it I was also able to stop taking the prozac I'd been put on after going psycho mental (turned out it was mostly hormone related) and I lost about 2 1/2 stone in weight and went down from wearing a 14 to an 8 (also hormone related), I wish I'd known sooner what a massive (negative) difference taking Cilest was making to me. But as the other have said horses for courses / goose and gander / cat and cow, so you might be fine on it. :mrgreen:
Disco

Post by Disco »

Yeah, deffo cat and cow because Cilest evened out my pmt moodiness where as now I don't take it I get enraged for a few days before playing tennis and it had no effect on my weight whatsoever. I was on it for almost twenty years :eek: . Oh my god, I'm well old! :panic:
bright_light

Post by bright_light »

:yes: Cilest was the one pill which didn't turn me into the doom monster
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

It's probably just me being weird then. :lol: I know it's meant to be one of the better ones for side effects but it sent me properly loopy, it didn't even occur to me until I stopped taking it how bad I had got.
Disco

Post by Disco »

The one I took before turned me into a total loon and I didn't realise that was what it was until I stopped taking it. I would imagine every possible scenario and then panic/ worry/ cry about it. Like my dad going to a petrol station and getting picked on by teenage boys :? WTF. My mind would race with potential problems to the point of giving me panic attacks. It was horrible.
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

Thanks all. Its really interesting to hear everyone's experiences; I think I'm getting off lightly as I've noticed no emotional side effects at all. It is obviously down to trial and error to find the right one (and cow/cat/goose/gander etc). I shall keep my doctors appointment but maybe ask for another few months worth of Yasmin just to see what happens. And will never run two packs back to back again :doom:.