Healthy eating 2021

nineseven

Re: Healthy eating 2021

Post by nineseven »

That's brilliant, Est. So pleased you found that sweet spot!
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

Well done both of you!

I managed to negotiate my way through a 2 week all-inclusive holiday without gaining weight, which was good. I’m finding it harder now though as I have a knee injury which means I can’t do any high-impact exercise, or any squats/lunges etc, and I no longer have easy access to a hotel pool to swim in! :lg:
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

That’s excellent, Liv! The weight maintenance, not the knee. God, I’d love easy access to a quiet pool every day 😫
Roma

Post by Roma »

Well done everyone! I’m abroad this month so I’m on maintenance calories for now although I’m not actually counting or recording my calories. I’m just generally keeping an eye on my food intake. So far I’ve been doing well with it.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

nineseven wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:25 pm
I bought the skinny/cigarette trousers of dreams today. I could never wear them before. Size 12. Had a great shopping trip and bought a load of lovely things - 10s and 12s in everything, everywhere - hurray! I was even an XS in one top. It’s so nice to know things will fit and not to be mainly focusing on finding things (a) large enough and (b) that will disguise my belly or hips.
This is fantastic to read. Well done Nine!
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Livilla wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:59 am Well done both of you!

I managed to negotiate my way through a 2 week all-inclusive holiday without gaining weight, which was good. I’m finding it harder now though as I have a knee injury which means I can’t do any high-impact exercise, or any squats/lunges etc, and I no longer have easy access to a hotel pool to swim in! :lg:
Have you got a TRX Liv? I invested in one to help with knee recovery and I wouldn't be without it now. You can put it over your door, but it also has a hook in it - I've just attached mine to a hook in my garage ceiling and am waiting to see if I pull the roof down or not.

My eating is all over the place at the moment. I bought and ate a bag of Skittles yesterday. Skittles, FFS. I wonder if being anxious & worried is making me comfort eat as I am getting all sorts of weird cravings. Either that or I'm carrying the next Messiah.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Morning! I’m in a new (and my goal) stone bracket :weewee: and currently 0.25lb off :lg: a nice round -40lb (18kg).

I haven’t seen this weight since leaving sixth form!
Roma

Post by Roma »

Amazing Nine! :weewee:

I’ve now maintained for a week and have not counted calories and it’s not been difficult at all so far. I’ve been doing lots of walking as well though.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Will you be in maintenance from now on, Roma?
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Well done, nine! That must feel so good
Roma

Post by Roma »

nineseven wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:34 am Will you be in maintenance from now on, Roma?
Definitely for this month as I’m abroad and cannot really try to lose anything this month. Once I’m back in the UK and have my usual routine I would quite like to lose another 2kg/4.4lbs to give me a bit more room for fluctuating weight.

I might slightly reduce my calories again in October and I’m also going to add two Bodypump classes then to try to get a bit more definition.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

For some reason I’ve only just realised I’m probably going to hit my goal weight next month 🤯 I have never actually managed this before.

I may actually want to lose a tiny bit afterwards but I refuse to move my goal again before I hit it :))
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

That’s brilliant, Nine!

It’s been a year since I started this journey. Which has resulted in a total mindset change towards food for me. I’m so happy! Still trundling along with maintenance. Still enjoying food and not eliminating anything from my diet. Including dirty Domino’s at the weekend :love:
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Congrats! That’s a brilliant achievement.
Skips

Post by Skips »

That's excellent est, and nine you're doing brilliantly!

I've been maintaining for about six weeks or so. Changing jobs again and general crap going on has meant my head hasn't been in the game; if I don't plan I find it hard to eat at a deficit. That said, I'm about 1.5lbs up and when I saw the doctor I was down 11kg from last year which I don't think is bad going.

My free WW membership has lapsed but I've got 6 months heavily discounted so I'm going to sign up to that and get back to it from Thursday. I definitely find it a much easier app to use and I'd rather stick to what I know is working. Similar to est, I was losing weight without feeling deprived and I should be able to get to my goal weight in that time (I'm going to be optimistic!).
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Sounds like a plan, Skips! Well done for maintaining.

I’m doubling down now to get myself over the finish line. I’ve just planned the month so I can work around meals out :l: Over the last four weeks I’ve been coasting a bit, a little below maintenance (but still losing), but I’m back on it now with a slightly bigger deficit.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Hit a new low today (very unusual for me during SLMT). Now at -41lb/2st 13/18.6kg. 2.5lb to goal!

How’s everyone doing? Are you back on WW now, Skips?
Skips

Post by Skips »

That's brilliant Nine!

Yes, back to WW. My weigh in on the day I restarted I'd gained another 2 lbs, although I'd had my birthday and wedding anniversary so I'm hoping it'll drop quite quickly (now I've said that it won't).
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Ah 2lb isn’t much! It could just be sodium/water bloat.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Living at maintenance and weighing every day has really shown me how much weight can fluctuate so much - extra exercise, sodium, constipation all make me gain a little but I know it’s normal (and also most likely not actually fat gain)

2.5lbs to goal :weewee: Well done Neuf!