Menopausal, perimenopausal, not sure, come join me!

Moody Blue

Re: Menopausal, perimenopausal, just nosy, come join me!

Post by Moody Blue »

Azu wrote:Sounds like you'll need to find yourself a MUCH younger man, Moody!
:puzz: Could be a plan!
Night sweats are weird, although fortunately I rarely get them. I'm more a hot flush woman, and I'm having those quite a lot at the moment.

:madflollop:
I haven't graduated to day time hot flushes yet, just the night sweats. I am going to try and avoid caffeine and see if that helps. Wine is supposed to be a trigger too, but I can't see myself giving that up altogether!
welshy

Post by welshy »

I'm in ! The facial hair bit has been going on for a while, especially on my chin, I now get very bad PMT symptoms - temper, moodiness, feeling low, which I never had before. I do feel very hot occasionally, but nothing to worry about for now, at least it's not in the night. Periods ? regular I think, I never mark them down.

So far thankfully there is nothing to worry about. If family history comes into it, my Gran went on till she was 60 and it was painless for her, my mother 56, she went on HRT, but she was always a bad tempered bugger. I've decided I am fed up of coming on anyway, so the sooner they go the better.
Bambideer

Post by Bambideer »

I think I'm en route, aged 44. I have had 2 absent periods & a few early or slightly late ones, I put the first down to stress, the second to E moving in as we did seem to synch for the first few months but this time it's definitely just absent. A couple of questions, did you have the usual build up & then nothing when they started to go AWOL? Did you have a bit of bleeding or staining & then nothing? I've done two tests (both negative, of course), I still feel like it could start any moment but am a week off being due the next one so it seems unlikely.
not knowing the rules for gender in the Spanish language is more feasible than not noticing that your horse doesn't have a penis
Bambideer

Post by Bambideer »

I'm talking to myself here :blah: :)). Well the gynaecologist I saw when I had my tubes tied confirmed it was definitely starting. I feel quite odd about it, 44 isn't that old but I had decided to get sterilised anyway and while at the time the absence of choice was a relief, I feel a bit sad now. Next phase of life I suppose. I might try EPO again, it didn't do much a couple of years ago but things have changed. The uncontrollable RAGE I feel at times is somewhat disconcerting and I have no periods at present. Not since November anyway.

How's everyone else doing? I get the odd night sweat & hot flush (usually at work which is embarrassing but unavoidable), but other than that nothing too awful.
not knowing the rules for gender in the Spanish language is more feasible than not noticing that your horse doesn't have a penis
Luna

Post by Luna »

I'm not sure what is going on with me. I get the most horrendous build up pains now 3 weeks after the start of last period, then it takes forever to get going. It's really frustrating. I'm not getting any hot flushes but I do get a bit sweaty at night sometimes. I've yet to get the RAGE :lol:
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Night sweats and rage and tears but the latter two are diminishing a bit due to the Mirena which is a Good Thing

Facial hair is the norm. I am going to be ordering a magnifying mirror as I can feel the bastards but am.buggered if I can see them
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

I've gone from regular as clockwork to haywire!

I went 51 days in November, then a 10 day quite light period in December, then 24 days later another period. I'm currently on day 14 of a period that just won't stop and seems to be getting heavier with all the bellyache. Bah!

No hot sweats yet though.
Daphne

Post by Daphne »

I had about 3 periods in 2011, then over Dec/Jan had 3 in 5 weeks. I had a blood test and the result is "maybe menopausal, no further action needed", whatever the fuck that means. I haven't had hot flushes or night sweats as such, but I keep waking up thinking I've left the heating on, so a bit warmer than usual but not boiling.

I am HORNY AS FUCK and have planned a long weekend of debauchery with a couple of disreputable young gentlemen of my acquaintance :perky: I can also orgasm at the drop of a hat, so this isn't all bad.
Have another custard cream, Father, it's what they're there for.
Luna

Post by Luna »

crikey.

:lol:
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

Daphne wrote: ... have planned a long weekend of debauchery with a couple of disreputable young gentlemen of my acquaintance..
Knowing my luck, I'd come on on the Friday night.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Just thought I'd pop in and see how you lovelies are getting on with knitting my box of Shreddies. :)
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

Fluffy wrote:Just thought I'd pop in and see how you lovelies are getting on with knitting my box of Shreddies. :)
They're ready for you to taste, Alan.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

:lol:
Daphne

Post by Daphne »

Some of us are having a rare old time, Fluffster. I'm very much looking forward to being an old bag. In fact, I think that process has already started.
Have another custard cream, Father, it's what they're there for.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

I'm in. I think my avatar says it all really. It started with cystitis-like symptoms in October, but when they didn't go away with OTC remedies or a course of antibiotics, my lovely French doctor diagnosed menopausal symptoms and prescribed topical HRT in the form of an estrogen cream and estrogen/progesterone capsules (very French, given their love of suppositories ;)), which do seem to have greatly reduced my need to pee every five minutes. Mme Docteur also says that it should help the painful sex issue. The plus side is that when I missed three months periods, I got stupidly excited at the prospect of never having another ... and then had an appallingly heavy and painful one at the beginning of January.

The pee thing is a bore. It seems to be reasonably under control but I still find that when I need to go, I really, really need to go. I'm hoping that it will continue to improve with the cream/capsules because R has started talking about a Paris to Shanghai (or possibly RTW) motorcycle trip and I'm not sure I could cope at the moment. :cry: I was lucky to get away with the Moscow trip last summer. Men really do have a much easier time of it ... :lol:
PointingPercy.jpg
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Daphne, sounds like the menopause is working out quite nicely for you! Enjoy!

I feel quite well at present, and other than getting a little tearful at times, I'm not experiencing any symptoms I can't cope with. I haven’t had a period for well over a year now (hooray!), so really should make another appointment with the nurse to get the coil removed. The only thing that’s getting to me a bit is my thickening waist, but I’m not prepared to do the 30,000 sit-ups a day I presumably would have to do to fend it off, so I’m trying not to worry about it too much.

I’m doing all the sensible things, like not drinking and eating healthily, but I love veggies and fish and all that stuff, and don't miss booze, so don’t find it a chore.

Bramble, a magnifying mirror is essential for facial hair checking, but be prepared for a shock the first time you see yourself in it. As well as the hairs, you'll notice every single tiny thing that's wrong with your skin, and wrinkles look like craters! Anyway, John Lewis have a good range, and I have this one.

Overthehill, sounds like you've had a tough time, and I hope the HRT helps. Also, you've reminded me that I do need to pee more often. It's not really an issue during the day, but I had to get up about five times last night to use the loo, and I bloody love my sleep :grump:.
Luna

Post by Luna »

My mum has one of those magnifying mirrors placed in bright sunlight on a windowsill. It was a depressing day the day I looked into that mirror :cry:
Bambideer

Post by Bambideer »

I don't have the facial hair issue (yet), but I am crying at the drop of hat at anything & everything which sucks. I have to say I am suffering (hah!), from a little of Daphne's 'problem', it comes in waves which I guess is hormonal but I had started to wonder why the hell I bothered to get sterilised so it's nice to feel in the mood again.

Tsu you poor thing, that must be horrid. I have had much lighter periods & now nothing so I expect Feb will be a doozy, probably while abroad if I'm really lucky.

OTH, that also sounds dreadful. I hope it eases soon. I have to go far more frequently on some days but have always been up at least once a night anyway as I drink loads of water. I am knocking the booze on the head after this weekend so that may well help with the flushing, hope so.
Moody Blue

Post by Moody Blue »

Still with the night sweats here, but only for a few nights a month. I am wondering now if the Mirena is helping with everything else though? I should go and get tested I suppose.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I used to get really bad hormonal night sweats. With them and the bone aching tiredness, I could tell I was due on (never had a regular cycle, ever). With the Mirena, I am not having as many and although I am tired, it's not the same and I haven't had a proper period now for a couple of months.

My doctor did say the Mirena would help with symptoms.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.