Healthy eating 2021

nineseven

Re: Healthy eating 2021

Post by nineseven »

Looking forward to joining you soon :weewee: How much would you say it generally fluctuates by? It's hard to tell what to expect as I'm still losing but I definitely also fluctuate.

I'm still losing despite my period just finishing - this is almost unheard of (for me). What are my hormones up to? I'm not complaining though. Only 2lb to go now.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

This is my 30 day graph to give you an idea. This month my moving average has only actually fluctuated by 0.2kg (finally nailed my sweet spot!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

This is my 30 days (the increments are lb rather than kg). Can you spot where I ovulated and I went water-retention-tastic? I suspect I'll fluctuate up to 4lb :ella:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

This is why I don’t weigh myself these days and go by my clothes. If I fit into certain clothes in my wardrobe then I’m in the right range. I have upper and lower end barometers, and then a whole heap of “somewhere in the range” clothes.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

These last few weeks have been tough - two weekends ago we went away for a weekend by the sea with a large group of friends and All the Food. I used up all my extra points and then some. Was quite active too though, so I managed to not actually gain anything at all. A couple of days later we took my in-laws out for dinner at a fancy all-you-can-eat restaurant, so...I ate all I could! Then this last weekend we had a BBQ with Mr D's work and the next day a BBQ with my work! Add quite a bit of wine into the mix and these haven't been good weeks for my weight-loss. I don't seem to have gained much more than 0.5kg but I want to get back to losing!

Very, very impressed with both Est and Nine! Wow!
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Livilla wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:48 pm This is why I don’t weigh myself these days and go by my clothes. If I fit into certain clothes in my wardrobe then I’m in the right range. I have upper and lower end barometers, and then a whole heap of “somewhere in the range” clothes.
The fluctuations don't bother me really. They're mildly tedious as they can be quite big, but I'm fine with them as long as I know what to expect. I'm not sure using clothes would help me personally as I fit in one clothing size with more than a stone difference in weight.
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

Yes - it’s more individual items of clothing though than sizes in the abstract, but since you’ve been changing shape so successfully for months now you won’t have a wardrobe full of clothes that you want to still fit into, as I do :)) (some of mine are literally 20 years old!)
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I have the same as you, Nine, in that I can wear the same size with a substantial fluctuation in weight. I’m also finding that while my current weight is staying stable, I’m building more muscle and my shape is constantly evolving (the doctor at the breast clinic yesterday commented on my muscles - though they made her job harder it turns out!)
Skips

Post by Skips »

I've really struggled this week and it's shown with another small gain. I stopped tracking as the week went on so I need to get back into the habit. I've 1st 6lb to get to my ultimate goal.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Had my follow-up DEXA scan yesterday (the first one was in May, one stone ago). In short, progress has been really good. My body fat is now at a healthy level and my visceral fat has significantly reduced in particular. The most dramatic part of my weight loss was from my torso, in fact! I have lost 10 inches off my belly since I started in December so I'm not surprised. My bone density, which was already high, has increased slightly, and I can see increased muscles around my hips on the scan picture.

Scan Man was very happy with the results and said any further fat loss will be just down to my own taste/aesthetics as although I am at the upper end of the "healthy" BMI range I do have very high lean mass. I do want to lose a little more fat, probably up to 10lb, hopefully from my thighs/hips although obviously I have no say in where it comes from :)) I'm going to take it slowly and see what looks like a sensible place to stop. I am now wearing an 8-10 in tops, coats etc and a 10-12 in trousers and skirts which is a world away from the 14-16 on top and 16-18 on bottoms when I started, and I'm feeling really good.

"Goal" weight is 2lb away but that was set some time ago. As I haven't been this weight since school it was very hard to choose a target.

Edited as I mixed up my goal weight with my minus three stone weight!
Skips

Post by Skips »

That's excellent Nine and must be a fascinating process to go through.

2.6lbs off for me this week so I'm back on track which I'm pleased with. I've a family (in law) dinner in December that I'd like to be closer to goal for so I've something to aim for which I find helps. I'm doing virtually no exercise at the moment though which I need to change, we're changing the coffee table in the living room so hopefully that'll free up some space which will mean I can work out there.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Well done, Skips, that's a great loss to get you back into the swing of things. I'd be happy with that as a monthly loss at this stage. It's soooo slow now.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

That’s brilliant, Nine and so cool to have the data to show how your body has changed so much.

Well done to you too, Skips.

I am maintaining well. My weight for the month of Sept stayed within 0.1kg according to Happy Scale.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I'm chuffed to bits, I did have a gain last week but we'll gloss over that.

You must be pleased, est. I think maintaining is harder than losing weight, trying to find that happy medium. 0.1kg variant is pretty consistent.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Well done on the continued maintenance, Est!

I went out for an amazing dinner last night and was rewarded by a spectacular 3lb leap in the scales this morning :lol: Definitely food/water weight and well worth it.
Roma

Post by Roma »

I’m back now after a fantastic month abroad and somehow managed to maintain my weight even though I had cake most days and lots of bread/bread rolls. I kept an eye on my general portions though and did lots of walking.

Now I would like to lose another 3kg. Currently I’m at the higher end of my healthy BMI and I’d like my weight to be slightly lower. I will be aiming for 1kg/2.2lbs a month until the end of this year. I also want to start weight training but will start with Bodypump twice a week to add to my other classes in the gym.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Well done on maintaining while you were away, Roma! It must have been good to be back.
Roma

Post by Roma »

Thank you Nine. It was so, so lovely being back after all this time.

First Bodypump class is booked for tomorrow. I’ve done it before but never regularly so now I’m doing a class on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

This evening I’ll have an Aqua class for a bit of cardio.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

This week has been tricky for me. I’ve obviously not been eating enough and my weight has dropped under 52kg. Must try harder. Maintenance is a pretty tricky balancing act.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Eek! Have your calories been lower than 1900 or do you think you need to adjust them up a bit?

I just flew past the 3st down milestone :weewee: -3st 1.25/43.25lb/19.6kg to be precise.

0.25 to my “goal” :lg: but I should see it in the next few days as I think I’m mid-whoosh. The scale has been a bit weird this month!

Edited for typo.
Last edited by nineseven on Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.