Healthy eating 2021

Roma

Re: Healthy eating 2021

Post by Roma »

That’s amazing Nine! Well done!

Est, is there anything high calorie you could add or increase in your diet? Maybe Peanut Butter or nuts etc.?

I’m still the same weight as last week so I need too look at reducing my calories a bit further to lose a bit more.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

What's your macro split been like, Est? If it's changed and especially if it's skewed a bit towards protein that might have had an effect.
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

Roma wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:09 pm First Bodypump class is booked for tomorrow. I’ve done it before but never regularly so now I’m doing a class on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Body pump is great Roma, but just bear in mind to take it a bit easy and do loads and loads of lower legs stretching if you pick up Pump class twice a week. I did that earlier this year, and ended up with tendinitis in my knee from all the squats and lunges - it is taking forever to get better. :lg:

Well done nine, that’s amazing! And good luck sorting out your maintenance, Est, it’s definitely a difficult transition to make I think.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Macro split has been good. It’s because I just haven’t eaten enough. I need to try harder. But house stuff has my stomach churning and I just can’t. Dinner tonight will be haggis ans buttery mash as we have to go on a bit of a road trip and we will be near the British food shop. So that will help!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Woo hoo, Nine :bel: Well done!
Roma

Post by Roma »

Thank you Liv. I’ve started with very low weight but will use heavier weights next time. I do some stretching every day as my hamstrings are always really tight if I don’t stretch regularly.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Wow Nine, that is really amazing!! Hope you're really proud of yourself because you should be!

Yikes Est, that's a hard one if anxiety/stress/nerves/whatever makes your stomach church - not exactly something you can switch off. Hope you find a way past this point so you don't mess up the beautiful balance you had too much.

I took Mr D away for a food and drink-filled weekend for his birthday and I'm pleased to discover it didn't make me gain anything at all! Despite the weekend coming at the tail-end of a week with a horrid cold, which meant I didn't exercise at all.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Thanks Dutchie.

I didn't quite make it to "goal" as a friend came to stay and a couple of big quite salty meals meant that the magic number hasn't made an appearance. There's a chance it might still pop up, but my period is due in a few days. It's only a number though, and it feels like every 1lb is making a visual difference now.

It's so hard to know when to stop - I think I'm pretty much there now though. I never thought I'd be fitting into size 8s and I definitely don't want to look old and/or bony. I'm thinking possibly another 5-7lb then concentrate on building more muscle.
Roma

Post by Roma »

You’ll get there any day now Nine, I’m sure.

Nothing to report here, I’m still maintaining. The last few kg are so hard to lose.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Bump! I am still chipping away. Experimenting with 16:8 (still tracking calories) for a bit of a change. I quite like it and it's easier to stick to a slightly lower calorie limit with a smaller eating window. Weight loss is hilariously slow now (2lb/month), but it's painless and I'm still eating out a couple of times a week, so I'm happy plodding along. I am very near the end now - I've been within 1lb of my "goal"* for the past week and expect I'll want to lose a handful more pounds (TBC) then move into maintenance.

How are you all doing?

* Revised three times now so I am determined not to officially change it until I get there this time.
Roma

Post by Roma »

I’m also still working on it. I’ve been losing and gaining the same 1kg the last couple of weeks. From Monday I’m going to be more strict again with calorie counting as I’d really like to lose my last few kg by the end of this year.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I’ve pretty much been maintaining this month. I had a week at maintenance calories last week (meals out!) and the scale has been hovering in the same 3lb zone for four weeks now, usually within 0.25 and 1lb of goal :lg:

I’m seriously thinking about transitioning into maintenance properly now. It’s been ten months, I’ve lost three stone, I’m wearing clothes sizes I never dreamed I’d reach in my adult life (I’ve gone from size 14/16/18 to size 8/10/12). I am A SLIM PERSON. I feel fitter and healthier. I’ve achieved what I wanted to and tbh come far further and made bigger changes in my habits than I ever really thought was possible for me.

It’s slightly annoying not to see that magic number, but it was just a number I picked out and it doesn’t possess any actual magical powers :lol:

Either way I think I few weeks practising maintenance calories properly will do me good. Eek.

In the spirit of tradition, here’s a particularly unflattering shot of me probably near my heaviest (feasting on a beach!) vs a blurry pic of me yesterday, post workout.
Last edited by nineseven on Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luna

Post by Luna »

You look fab, Nince! Well done. And good to do it now before peri-men kicks in coz god knows it’s tough when that’s thrown in the mix.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

It’s been challenging enough riding out my normal hormonal weight fluctuations, let along throwing perimenopause into the mix!

Each peak is ovulation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

You look fabulous, Nine. Well done. I don’t think you can beat the “fitter and healthier” feeling.
Luna

Post by Luna »

That graph is fascinating!
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Good work nine! You look great, although feeling fitter and healthier tops that.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Nice one!
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Fantastic work, 97 :clap:

MFP reminded me to check in or something this morning, so I weighed myself which I've been doing sporadically without recording, and am going to get back onto trying to lose. I've been maintaining more or less since July (but not at my lower weight), and want to get the last 3 or ideally 4 kg off. Shouldn't be tooooo terrible as I've increased my official exercise classes to 4 hours a week (2x what I was doing previously) and am slightly hopeful that I'll do a bit of independent stuff too.

I've also not bought any snacks for the past two weeks, have stopped having pudding or snacking in the evening, and now just need to cut out afternoon snacking and I should be OK. There are still some snacks left in the house, but once those are gone I'll only allow myself home baked biscuits, which I can't be bothered to produce enough of to stuff myself daily :lol:
Lola

Post by Lola »

You look amazing! Well done.