Menopausal, perimenopausal, not sure, come join me!

Broken_Biscuit

Re: Menopausal, perimenopausal, just nosy, come join me!

Post by Broken_Biscuit »

I haven't posted here for a while! I seem to be in a state of flux, my cycles are anything from 21 days to 56 days, and I can bleed for 3 weeks at a time. I don't have night sweats but I wake in the night feeling unbearably hot and kicking the covers off. I don't think I'm especially moody or emotional, but maybe if you were to ask my family the same question there would be a different answer...

I have still never mentioned it to my doctor or practice nurse. I'm nearly 45 now so I suppose it would no longer be deemed early, so I'm just going with the flow (or lack of flow!)

I'll be glad when it's done and dusted to be honest. Even though I am inexplicably feeling a pang of broodiness...
Moody Blue

Post by Moody Blue »

I have had the mirena for 7 months now, and before I had it I had regular periods. One month light, the next as heavy as anything. I have always been like that though. Now I am on the Mirena, I still have them, roughly every 21-28 days, but extremely light.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I have no clue.

I am still getting 'real' (as opposed to 'token') periods at 53.

Not every 4 weeks; but then I never did have a regular cycle. Over Christmas, I had a humdinger. Pains, irritablility, clots - the works.

Nothing since, and I'd say it's been maybe 2/3 months since the one before. I need to start keeping a record. In fact I am now recording 27 December as the start date of my last one.

Rubbish, really. I thought I'd have been rid of them by now.
Bambideer

Post by Bambideer »

BB, the gynae I saw said I was a bit young but my mother started in her early 40s so I guess it's what we do in our family.
not knowing the rules for gender in the Spanish language is more feasible than not noticing that your horse doesn't have a penis
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

I didn't even make it the 90 mins from home to work without flooding this morning (sorry for TMI) and am waiting for M&S to open so I can sort myself out. Good job I work close to the shops.

I'm loving this. :grump:
Margo

Post by Margo »

A few years back I worked part time for a charity through the summer, and had the most godawful hot sweats every day. Nothing helped to cure them - I had the air con on full, 2 fans on my desk, wore as few clothes as possible :flirt: but I still suffered. It all away after a couple of months, thankfully. My periods were fine at the time, but then a couple of years back they went haywire - they went from light and regular to every couple of weeks and heavy, then I got the most horrendously sore boobs and murderous PMT type symptoms - so I saw my doctor and told her I thought I was menopausal; she said it was unlikely as I was too young (I'm 45 now) but she tested me anyway and everything came back negative. I've been more or less back to normal since then.

So. Not the foggiest what that was all about :? but if that's any indication of what I might have to look forward to then I hope I stay unmenopausal for a good few years yet!
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

That sounds awful, Tsu :(. If it carries on like that, please see your doctor to discuss options.
Moody Blue

Post by Moody Blue »

That's awful, Tsu. I have been like that every other month since my 20's. Commuting to Reading was a nightmare. I could barely go 15 mins. I also remember nights of just sitting on the loo, as there was no point in going to bed because as soon as I had sorted myself out, I had flooded again.
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

I asked my mum tonight about her experiences. She said she never got hot flushes but did have heavy periods. She said "they gave me a scrape".

I have an appointment with my GP for a blood pressure meds review on February 2nd so will ask her opnion then.

It's still a gushing.. :ella:
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

Moody Blue wrote:That's awful, Tsu. I have been like that every other month since my 20's. Commuting to Reading was a nightmare. I could barely go 15 mins. I also remember nights of just sitting on the loo, as there was no point in going to bed because as soon as I had sorted myself out, I had flooded again.
Are you putting up with it, Moody, or did the doc suggest something?
Moody Blue

Post by Moody Blue »

I just used to put up with it, Tsu. I had been like it since my twenties, and back then people didn't talk about it. I just thought everyone was like it. Eventually, I just thought I have lived with it for so long, what the hell. The Mirena has definitely helped.
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

Blimey! I think I'd have gone mad.
Moody Blue

Post by Moody Blue »

I just wrote off a couple of days a month. I thought everyone's was the same. I had lived with it so long, that it was just how it was. I would be like it for a day every other month. The month's when I wasn't that heavy, I just bled longer. Mad isn't it?
Broken_Biscuit

Post by Broken_Biscuit »

I recall a joke from a few years ago, I don't recall where from, may have been South Park. It was about women being the only living creatures who can bleed for a week and just get increasingly more aggressive. Whenever I am in one of my " bleed for 3 weeks" cycles, I think of that and laugh a hollow laugh.
Bambideer

Post by Bambideer »

God that is horrendous Tsu & Moodles. I only ever got that bad when I had a copper 7 coil fitted, so it had to come out after a while (I was a trainer at the time & rushing out of the room was not considered good practice). I went through a phase a couple of years ago of much heavier periods, which made the 3 hour travel time to London & Coventry pretty challenging but thankfully that's OK now. Definitely talk to the doc about it Tsu, you can't go on like that.
not knowing the rules for gender in the Spanish language is more feasible than not noticing that your horse doesn't have a penis
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

Day 16 today and no sign of abatement. :(
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Tsu, make an appointment to see the doctor :drill:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

I have. February 2nd.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Good. Although that is quite a way off yet.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

My usual GP is on holiday and as she's ace and I don't know any of the others I'm happy to wait to see her. I expect it will have stopped by then.