Covid-19

Lily
Picker-Lily

Re: Corona Virus

Post by Lily »

baargain wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:04 pm I tested negative and was sure I had it. I did read somewhere about antibodies vanishing relatively quickly, and it was about 12 weeks ago that I had possible symptoms. So who knows. Ugh.
I was interviewed about being on a vaccine trial yesterday and mentioned I thought I'd had it. The chap said exactly the same thing about the fact the antibodies might not be hanging around.

Enjoy, Hazey!
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Margo

Post by Margo »

Phew!!!

My boss has just called to say I’m being unfurloughed and will be back at work on 27 July. I’m so, so relieved; I’m the last of my small team back, and I’ve been terribly worried about possibly losing my job...

The company is directly affected by the housing market but by all accounts we’re getting masses of jobs in, so hopefully all will be well.

The sense of relief is palpable. Is it too early to crack open a bottle of something cold and alcoholic?
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

It is a little, but good news all the same.
Margo

Post by Margo »

That’s all the encouragement I need, Ella!

I’ve refrained from posting on the mental health thread but mine has definitely been affected. Job uncertainty, 80% pay, complete solitude, isolation and being scared of catching the virus has really taken its toll.
Suzi.Q

Post by Suzi.Q »

Good news Margo! It’s 5 o’clock somewhere!
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

That's a relief Margo! It's not too early here. Pretend to be French.
Starry

Post by Starry »

We are hitting phase three of reopening here on Monday.

So far, our daily deaths have been under 10 and usually under five. The last few days our daily case rate has been under 10 too, and they are all known cases through contact tracing.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

Starry wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:00 pm We are hitting phase three of reopening here on Monday.

So far, our daily deaths have been under 10 and usually under five. The last few days our daily case rate has been under 10 too, and they are all known cases through contact tracing.
I've just seen in the IT that foreign travel is still a no-go for a while yet, dammit. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to get over in August.

How's S getting on, Starry? He travelled a lot, didn't he?
Starry

Post by Starry »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! Though we did have something yesterday I think about airbridges being a possibility.

S has been home since March. There is nothing on the horizon as yet, until they restart live music. He will get the Covid payment til September but who knows after that.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

On the plus side, there hasn't been a massive spike as a result of the protests and beach days out and suchlike.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Starry will that impact you guys moving?

My sister is desperate to come home from the UK to see my Dad but it's not looking likely right now.
Luna

Post by Luna »

A friend has just posted footage of people piling off a train at Brighton Station, presumably all heading for the beach and virtually nobody is wearing a mask.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Not a dig at your friend, but I do wander what purpose it serves for people to keep filming/taking photos of people outside not doing the right thing, and posting it on social media?

I mean, I get that people feel outraged, but I really just cannot stand it. It almost makes me want to go and rub myself against people in the streets in defiance.
Malan
Marth

Post by Marth »

Margo wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:12 am That’s all the encouragement I need, Ella!

I’ve refrained from posting on the mental health thread but mine has definitely been affected. Job uncertainty, 80% pay, complete solitude, isolation and being scared of catching the virus has really taken its toll.
I'm really pleased you can return to work. It's such a worrying time
Malan
Luna

Post by Luna »

She didn’t do the filming. I think it was more of a eek, stay away from the seafront type of post. Not that I’d go there on a day like today anyway.
Marth

Post by Marth »

Luna wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:27 pm She didn’t do the filming. I think it was more of a eek, stay away from the seafront type of post. Not that I’d go there on a day like today anyway.
The problem is, to my mind, is that it would have to be an all or nothing thing. Because how would you police who could go and who couldn't.
Malan
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

I’m glad for you, Margo. You should definitely have a drink to celebrate! We haven’t been so lucky and A has just been made redundant. They’ve been spectacularly generous and have chucked in a month’s pay on top of statutory. :woteva: they’re also keeping him contracted for three months (on gardening leave, basically) so he can’t start anywhere else in that time. 14 years, he’s made them so much money and this is how they repay him. They’ve kept on two young blokes who they’ve been paying peanuts and cut all the senior staff on his team. One of the lads is 19 and his dad is best friends with the owner of the business.

So everything is really excellent. :lol:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Fucking hell, cluef. I'm so sorry.
Marth

Post by Marth »

I'm so sorry, Cluef. I'm wondering if proper process was followed, but that's not for here. Take care xx
Malan
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

Ah shit, cluef, I'm sorry. Fingers crossed he gets snapped up by someone else.