Dementia again

Heebie Jeebie

Re: Dementia again

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Oh the poor soul, wandering. And you must have been in bits. I hope you can establish what happened.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Tex, you poor sod. How frightening for you both.

Would an ID bracelet be any use? I suppose it would only help if people knew she was lost in the first place.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I’m just looking at ID bracelets, it would have been very useful. Also the GPS tracker which Speedy kindly sent me. I hadn’t set the tracker up as we couldn’t work out how to make her carry it but she seems to have started carrying a handbag again so we’ll give it a go.
Luce

Post by Luce »

My friend had to hide a Tile in her father’s shoe. Irritatingly one of his carers told him about it and he took it out of his shoe before going missing for 18 hours. So maybe don’t tell her where it is.

I’m so sorry, Tex, you must have been frantic. Is it time to investigate a change in her circumstances yet, do you think?
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Shoes are great if you can predict which ones they’ll wear. We’ve hidden all bar one handbag (she has about a thousand apparently) to make sure she has the right one. It has a discreet zippy pocket to hide the tracker in.

ETA Ha, you edited as I was replying. I don’t think it is the right time to change her circumstances unless this starts happening regularly. I think she is still OK in familiar surroundings and it all went belly up on Weds because she got lost and didn’t recognise where she was. If we moved her somewhere new she’d be completely confused all the time.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Oh my gosh Tex, I'm so pleased she was safe and being looked after but how incredibly stressful for all of you.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

And here we go again. No movement on sensors since the door closed just after 9. Have checked with neighbours and she isn’t locked out on the doorstep. Has she made it inside without triggering a sensor or do I call 999? For various reasons (mostly related to getting an ID band sorted) she doesn’t yet have the gps tracker.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Oh no tex, you poor thing. Such a worrying situation at this time of night especially. I think I’d be inclined to call the police otherwise you’ll be worried sick. Hopefully she simply hasn’t triggered the sensors but at least you’ll know she’s safe?
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I’ve called and reported it. No choice really.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

The police just called, totally unrelated to my missing person report, to say they’ve found her and are bringing her home.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

I'm so pleased they've found her. What a worry.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Oh, Tex. I’m glad they found her relatively quickly, but what a worry! Hope she’s ok.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Glad they found her quickly.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

You must have been beside yourself going missing in this heat. I’m so glad the police found her quickly.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

I'm so glad you weren't worrying where she was all night, but that must still have felt like a very long time. I hope you and she are both ok.
Disco

Post by Disco »

So glad she was found. Such a worry for you.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

I'm glad she was found. How stressful for you all.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

We now seem to be in a situation where she takes a handbag out fairly reliably so I wanted to say thank you to Speedy for the GPS tracker. We are using it and it’s found her this evening at a point where we might otherwise have started worrying.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

My mum’s wandered off again. Now we have the GPS tracker so I can see where she is. I phoned the police to see if she was actually in a police station but while I was on the phone she got on another bus. Now it feels like a live version of the Scotland Yard board game. It would be funny if it wasn’t worrying.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

You poor sods, Tex. I hope you are able to find her quickly. What tracker are you using please, as a friend is having similar problems and this one seems to be working for you?
Last edited by Lily on Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored