Dementia again

Lily
Picker-Lily

Re: Dementia again

Post by Lily »

Are they continuing with locking down for covid? I can't help thinking that this could do a lot more harm than good to those in care.

I don't have anything of use to say, but I really really hope that things get easier for you and your mum from hereon in Tex. This is an impossible burden to carry on your own.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I’ve only just seen this Lily. They had a spate of cases one after the other so didn’t manage to reopen for a couple of weeks.

Mum is being discharged from hospital today. I am currently sitting in a care home in West Drayton waiting for her to arrive. I haven’t seen her for a couple of weeks and I’m worried about how much being in hospital might have worsened her condition. It seems nice enough here. It’s only temporary anyway as we aim to move her to Frome asap.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I hope she’s ok, Tex. Have you found a place in Frome tor her already? That’s really great.

I’m wondering if S’s mum’s fall, hip replacement op and stay in hospital will force their hand on sorting out some help for his dad. I really hope so. I don’t see how they can manage in their own for much longer.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

There are a limited selection in Frome but luckily the one we liked best had spaces. I’ll call them tomorrow to see how quickly we can get things moving.

I hope S’s parents get the help they need.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Mum eventually arrived at the care home after 6pm, why do hospital discharges always take so long?? Surprisingly a month in hospital doesn’t seem to have taken any toll on her personality. It took the staff 10-15 minutes to get her from the door to her room as she stopped to talk to everyone she met :lol:

We’re going to the place in Frome tomorrow to choose a room and discuss timings. She’ll be self funding so no need to wait for any social service assessments before moving her.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I'm so pleased your mum seemed like herself! That's great about the place in Frome too.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

If all goes well she will move in on Tuesday!
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Everything crossed Tex, it would be such a weight lifted from your shoulders, and I think she'd enjoy it to by the sounds of it.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

That’s such good news, Tex. I hope it all goes smoothly and that your mum is settled very soon.

It must be such a relief for you.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I think she would enjoy it once she got past the mental block of it being a home.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

She moved in yesterday as planned. She said it was nice but I don’t think she realises she lives there now. I visited today with the dog (they have a Covid outbreak so no other humans could come with me) and the lounge did remind me of discussions about the Home for Retired Turtles :lol:
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

:))

I'm glad she's nearer to you.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m glad it’s gone smoothly. It must be a relief.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Saying it’s nice is a good start! I hope settling in goes as smoothly as possible.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I hope she settles in, soon, Tex.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I'm so glad that she's in, Tex. What a relief for all of you. I hope she settles quickly.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

For a change I’m not posting on this thread due to any sort of issue.

I’m starting to go through the boxes from my mum’s house and I wondered if anyone here would be interested in buying the movement sensors we had installed? It’s this package:
https://www.canarycare.co.uk/shop/6-sensor-package/