Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix & YogaInferno & KillerAbs)

Texaco Shirley

Re: Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix)

Post by Texaco Shirley »

My scales are still 2kg up since pre Christmas but given that was post flu TWOD I’m not too bothered about the actual number. My jeans still feel tighter than they did but that may be related to wearing stretchy leggings over the holiday and getting used to not wearing a belt.
Mountain Goat

Re: Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix)

Post by Mountain Goat »

My weight can easily vary that much from day to day too, so I don't take that much notice really, as long as the long term trajectory is vaguely correct. And if you don't put on weight during Christmas, you're not doing Christmas correctly, never mind your whole flu thing.

I'm done with strength. I finally slept really well last night and woke up feeling much more perky and put my back right into it (so will die in cardio). I used 2kg weights for the first circuit and then for the first time through the 2nd circuit, but went down to 1kg for the second time through. I really felt the difference on the one legged serving biceps and that's why I traded down for the next go round. Third circuit I did the same thing, 2kg then 1kg, and for the fourth circuit, my nemesis, I just used 1kg because I can barely do that one as it is. :)) I have to do the cardio fairly soon, same as yesterday, so I'm just taking 30 minutes or an hour here and then I'll get back to it. :ruby:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Well done!

I reckon I could go to 2kg on the first circuit but I’d struggle with the serving biceps and def couldn’t do the stork stand flies with 2. I also don’t think I could hold 2x2kg in one hand for the oblique crunches.

I am interested to find out whether the extra few hours after strength will make the cardio feel any easier.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Yes, I wonder? I think for me it tends to feel harder when I do it quite soon after strength, just because my arms don't want to be in plank any more, and my legs are very much done with bear. Which is what it was like just now, shaky arms on things that wouldn't normally make my arms shaky (I can't remember what, but presumably squat thrusts and plank jacks) and my legs really upset about bearing and a bit resistant to ordinary squatting positions that don't normally bother them. Not in a major way, it was all fine, but just as an observation. Probably exacerbated by using the 2kg weights too. Anyway it was fine, the horrible bits were as horrible as ever, but I had extra enthusiastic bounce in things like ski moguls and knee thrusters. I mean, not like mad Dahlia grinning, but just a sane level of gusto. So it's definitely getting better.

Just two more days! Four more sessions! :disco:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I just rubbed my upper arms and there is DEFINITELY a change in those biceps and shoulders. Touch them! Not much going on in the tricep area mind. :))
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

My upper arms are really sore, I can’t see squat thrusts etc going well but there is definite bicep topography. The one that really got me in strength was the standing splits. My supporting leg was agony, I suspect that’s partly cumulative effect.

Dahlia is an irritating little pixie isn’t she? I suspect I’d hate her less if she pronounced her name in English rather than American.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I found that one harder today, though I might have just been being more energetic with my thrusting. One stupid thing I struggle with is remembering which leg I did the last set on. Of course I should just always lead with the same side so I know it's always the other one second time around but I just zone out and don't pay attention, and then end up faffing about because I've realised I'm on the wrong leg.

God yes. I took against her the moment she thrust her arm in the air like she was doing Night Fever on being introduced.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

She also has that manic fixed grin so beloved of Shelley.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I’m going for cardio in about an hour once I have fed children. I have fuelled up on dark chocolate and coffee. I’m also hoping that will help me defrost after getting caught in a hailstorm on the school run.
Last edited by Texaco Shirley on Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I'm so ill. :faint: I'm actually not doing it tonight. Sorry. I'm annoyed but I will be sick if I do it. I've been coughing and spluttering all week (from some horrible gross person at work who's been hacking everywhere for weeks) and it's really come to a head today; I think I've ripped a hole in my throat from coughing so much and almost tore an ab.

Sorry. I will reassess tomorrow and if I can then I will.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Oh no! After you got up early for strength and everything. It’s not worth making yourself ill(er) over though. :fc: you feel better tomorrow.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I know! I'm so annoyed but I do feel really crap and jumping up and down isn't going to help me. Thanks, Tex, I bloody hope so.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Cardio 5 done (sorry). Slightly lower calorie burn than yesterday but felt hard. I did full burpees (but not as many as them) for the first lot and 2 armed stepping for the second. It seemed a better option than actually dying. It’s a very odd workout though, some bits feel really easy and others are an absolute killer. Only 2 days to go (plus parkrun).
Disco

Post by Disco »

Great work, Tex!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh no Dics! You're right not to do it though, it would be awful and you'd feel worse. But how bloody annoying especially after the effort of getting up early today. I hope you feel better soon.

Well done Tex! I have no idea how you can do parkrun in addition to this! :zirk: I agree that some bits are now perfectly fine (some bits are in honesty only fine because I don't put my back into them) while others are utterly unattainable. But generally I'm no longer intimidated by it. I am exhausted by it, but not intimidated.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Let’s wait till tomorrow and not just assume I can :lol: I do have to do parkrun at A’s pace which usually includes a couple of short walks which could make all the difference.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:33 pm Let’s wait till tomorrow and not just assume I can :lol: I do have to do parkrun at A’s pace which usually includes a couple of short walks which could make all the difference.
We’ll never know. They cancelled due to ice and fog.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Blessed relief, Tex!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Strength 6 done. I mostly went through it thinking about how I only had to do it once more.