Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix & YogaInferno & KillerAbs)

Texaco Shirley

Re: Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix)

Post by Texaco Shirley »

There is a call for help feature so I could send an emergency text to MrTex if things get so bad I can’t even make it down the stairs.

I’m not sure I find circuit 4 any worse than 3, it’s all a hideous blur by the end. I think the only only I really loathe is tricep dips/crab kicks and at least that’s out of the way in circuit 1.

I have detached a bit of the multigym which has given me a little bit more space, still not enough to confidently do breast stroke so I’m sticking with superman but it might make just enough difference to running in circles on the cardio later.

We are all halfway now. Hurrah!
Mountain Goat

Re: Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix)

Post by Mountain Goat »

The thing I hate about the tricep dips/crab kicks is the wholly unflattering view it gives me of my lycra clad form. I mean, not enough to sack off the toad in the hole though.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

OK. I'm going back in for cardio. :cry:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Well of course not.

I tend to sag in the middle a bit too much for that to be an issue.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Good luck! At least you’ll be finished early today.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh you mean in table pose, for a minute I thought you were badmouthing your stomach. :))

Done! I did the learner (step touch) version of bear twists and also followed Dic's advice on one armed step burpees rather than two armed full burpees. It was better although I'm wary of my shoulders taking on that much responsibility; the best impact was that I wasn't as dead for the rest of the circuit and could do enthusiastic thrusts at the end. I don't advise drinking though, it didn't make too much difference for strength but it did for cardio.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I did mean in table pose but it would work either way :))

Well done! Bear twists/kicks are a definite learner move for me. I might give the step burpees a go, I reckon I could alternate right arm and 2 arm.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Cardio now done. Well done both of you. I'm definitely getting into the bear twists - I mean obviously I hate them but - I'm mostly doing them. Today I got to the point I simply had to step them out and she said three more to go! So I could push myself to do them. And, I got into a hypnotic rhythm with the ski moguls so I went into a trance and didn't notice they had started - and almost finished - football kick outs.

That being said, it is a really hateful dvd and I hate the cardio and I keep saying "FUCK OFF" every time they start a new circuit.

That bloody Dahlia's smug little dance right at the very end makes me want to thrust kick her face in.

I haven't been dieting, to answer your question on the previous page Tex, and I haven't lost any weight. I've been eating with gay abandon really. When I'm working out I can see my reflection in a mirror from my chest up and I can really see that my shoulders and arms are looking shapely. I can see my tricep and whatever that shoulder muscle that bends over the top of the arm without flexing any thing :))
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Well done. I have that dent in my arm/shoulder too but I’m not sure this week has contributed much :))

Cardio done. There was a bit of phoning it in I must admit but still 323 calories. I had another go at 1 arm stepping burpees but my left shoulder really can’t take it. 2 arm stepping felt too much like cheating so I went with normal ones and collapsed before the end both times.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Wow, that a good calorie burn. Mine was 222.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

My useless Fitbit, which I think has taken one of those classes on putting women down, reckons 158. :lg: I don't think so, sunshine.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Mine used to say similar. It’s amazing how much difference an HR monitor makes.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I’m going to try an early-ish strength tomorrow. MrTex was most disappointed that I wouldn’t be able to fit in our usual Friday lunch out so he’s now doing the school run so I can fit in Jillian at about 8.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Strength 5 done. I'm so glad these early morning ones are out of the way. Even though I've only done them today and yesterday I've spent every night half conscious thinking that I needed to get up to do it*. :ruby: Last night I felt like I was semi awake for ages and assumed it must be close to alarm time. In the end I checked the time and it wasn't even 4.30 so I managed to fall into a deep sleep after that.

* I did get up extra early Mon & Tues to start work early to end early to do strength straight from work :blah:

Good luck Tex! The thought of a nice lunch should hopefully keep you going!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Well done!

I have also done strength 5 and it’s safe to say I am not one of nature’s early exercisers. 314 calories, dripping with sweat and my thighs screaming :lol: It wasn’t pretty.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Good work! It’s hideous isn’t it but at least you can fully enjoy your lunch safe in the knowledge you’ve got to do cardio later :lol:

I’ve worn a skirt that last week I noticed was verging on tight around the waist and today it is loose enough that any walking spins it around so I guess this must be from 1ws.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Yes, that knowledge will make lunch taste so much better :lol:

Good work on the skirt. I am still holding on to Christmas podge but I think getting back to running next week might help. That and running out of Christmas cake :))
Disco

Post by Disco »

Thanks. I am definitely still hanging into Xmas podge too. I’m going to actually lower my calories next week.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Well done both of you. I'm quite jealous that you have it out the way already. It has also piqued my competitive spirit, apparently I don't like being behind. :))

I took some notice of myself yesterday and today in terms of changes, and I have also noticed things getting looser, but I think just back to pre-Christmas levels, which is fine by me. The scales (which I didn't get on during the period of festive eating and drinking, until yesterday), are back to pre Christmas norms, although of course I have no clue what they did in the meantime, but I assume it wasn't pretty. Too much podge to see muscle definition changes with any clarity/confidence. My face definitely looks better though, brighter and fresher - my skin/eyes were looking a bit dull and blotchy and tired before, now I have a pink tongue and a wet nose. Of course this will also be due to just being back at normal (though not angelic) eating/drinking/sleeping routines, but it's only become really noticeable yesterday and today, and yesterday I had a minor hangover, so I am crediting it more to Jillian.