Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix & YogaInferno & KillerAbs)

Texaco Shirley

Re: Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix)

Post by Texaco Shirley »

It’s 55 minutes of pain though. Just low HR pain :lol:
Mountain Goat

Re: Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix)

Post by Mountain Goat »

55 minutes! That'll not be a standard daily one then.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Disco

Post by Disco »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:15 pm That’s the joy of NMTZ for me. After the warmup there’s no more cardio.
Exactly!

Well, I had an appointment for oral surgery after work today so can't really work out except I got to the appointment it was yesterday :crazy: so I'm back home with time to do something but I'm not because I'm mentally prepared to do nothing.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

:lol:

I have beds to make up which means Jillian is the procrastination option, after I’ve fed pizza to the boys anyway.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Shred L3 done. My arms were a bit jelly-like from the shadow boxing with weights and then I made up the boys’ beds which just finished them off. It doesn’t help that they have high sleepers and putting on a top sheet involves trying to tuck it in under a mattress that I’m sitting on.

Not looking forward to next week in the slightest :))
Disco

Post by Disco »

I absolutely hated changing Moon's high bed. How are your arms today?

I've done the last three circuits of NMTZ. That's me done until Monday :nerves:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

They’re OK today ta.

Parkrun this morning. Slightly slower pace than if I’d not have had to stay within arm’s reach of A but respectable. Rest day tomorrow. Hell on Monday :nerves:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I just read an online review of 1WS to see what actual moves are involved. I think today will involve a lot of standing round head scratching :lol:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I watched a youtube video of edited bits of it that claimed to show all the different moves. If I don't trip over my own legs and knock a vase over it'll be a miracle.

I did nothing over the weekend. :look: I accidentally stayed up till 4 on Saturday (I really don't know how, we were just watching tv and kept watching just one more episode and didn't look at the time, it was not a night of wild partying) so slept in on Sunday so didn't have time or energy or will to do my planned run. But having this week looming was a handy justification.

I hope I can manage to do both sessions at lunch, because the thought of two showers, and getting changed and back again twice in a day is irritating me. :)) I suspect I'll feel differently after finishing the first session.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I just got dressed in gym gear this morning in an effort to save time. I hope having strength first rather than cardio will mean I can get away without a shower till after the second workout.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

The state of me after no-cardio Yoga Meltdown indicates to me that I won't get away with that. :)) Good prepping though, are you doing it at lunch?
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Yes, it’s the only way I’ll fit it in.

I think with the general bewildered standing around that happens on the first day of any new dvd I might get away with it. Tomorrow may be a different story.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

True.

I'm going in. Pray for me.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Good luck! I'm starting very shortly too.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Holy bloody crap. :lol:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Joy gets very anxious very easily and started to get quite upset in circuit 3, and by circuit 4 had a full on panic attack - howling like a wolf - and I had to pause it and demonstrate that I was actually alive. Next door but one's cat came in and licked her face until she calmed down.

So I'm confident I was nailing it with poise and apparent ease. So much so that my cat actually thought I was dying. :lol:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

It's so fast moving isn't it? It's going to be terrible when I know what I'm doing and don't just end up doing three reps before the section's over.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

:lol: :lol:

I knew it was going to be bad when the first warm up move was spotty dogs. Some of it was surprisingly OK but there was a lot of WTF flailing about and a fair proportion of “never be able to do that in a month of Sundays”.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Yes! And the plie jumps. When you have a Shred L2 move in your warm up, you know it's not going to be a breeze. Yes, some was fine, and I felt that using the lower weights and doing such low reps made it a bit ineffective, and then I'd try and do the next one and die. There were so many moves that I can't remember now what I hated the most. :lol: Some were surprising - I like a superman, but add in breast stroke movements and I thought I was going to vomit (or maybe it was because of the moves that came before it).

I'm going in for cardio soon. It's less about enthusiasm, and more about wanting to get it over with. :))