Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix & YogaInferno & KillerAbs)

Texaco Shirley

Re: Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix)

Post by Texaco Shirley »

It wouldn’t let me skip through but I missed quite a lot while putting on trainers and organising my mat etc.
Mountain Goat

Re: Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix)

Post by Mountain Goat »

Right, going in for strength round two late after a comedy of errors involving some sourdough discard, four cats and the washing machine. The upshot is that I am now doing this is in my third favourite sports bra and some shorts that would be better off on someone thinner.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

So long as your activewear doesn’t cause another feline panic attack you’ll be grand.

I am done with strength for today. It was better today just because I wasn’t so bewildered and I’ve made my peace with the moves I have to do the learner version of but my triceps are really very disappointed in me.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Exact same. I found it much better today, which isn't to say it wasn't hard, but it broke down into things that are fine and things that I need to do the easy version of, so felt doable. I was quite cocky about the whole thing until I got to circuit four, which is a list of things my body can't do. :lol:

What weights are you using? I usually use 2kg for Shred etc but I heeded her warning yesterday and shifted down to 1kg, and it doesn't feel like much resistance. The bodyweight parts are mostly bloody hard but the weight parts, not so much.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I normally use 2kg, sometimes 3kg, but I’m using 1kg for this. There are a couple of moves where it doesn’t feel very effective but enough where I couldn’t go any heavier without a shoulder tantrum (stork stand fly, I’m looking at you).
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I might do another day at 1kg and then see how 2 kg goes, maybe not for everything though.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I've done it (strength). Fitbit tells me I worked much harder yesterday despite today trying all of the jumping things - and doing a few of each before changing to easier - but I was using my 3 kg weights for the first circuit yesterday and it was really hard going. Today I used my 1.5 kg although for the cauldrons and other lying down thing I used one 3 kg.
Last edited by Disco on Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I think I’ll stick with 1kg. It’s a pain to change mid circuit and there’s at least 1 move in each that I wouldn’t fancy going heavier on.

I think she should have kept the same crew for both workouts. I would like to see Mr Over Defined Six Pack (Ken?) attempt the cardio.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Cardio done. I was huffing and puffing a lot. My high knees weren't high, my sprint was slightly faster than a jog. I hate ski moguls; I get into a rhythm and then lose it but I did a quite a few of those planks where you jump-kick your leg over and I realised my thrusting leg kicks were much more ferocious than all of theirs (it's the same front kick as FastFix KB which is much faster). I burned more calories in today's cardio than yesterday.

Cal total for Monday: 435
Tuesday: 411
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I'm about to go in, I'm bored of waiting now, plus the heating will come on at 6 and I won't be happy if I'm trying to do burpees in that.

I'm like that with fast feet; I can't keep my rhythm and it sets my teeth on edge. Also that thing with the spinny hands. I thumped myself on the chin yesterday. :lg:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I am also done and similar on the high knees etc. The first circuit isn’t too bad but I hate that bear kicking thing later on*. I find I don’t detest fast feet as much in this as I did in shred, or was it ripped?

*I did not actually kick any bears.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I am just copying you today Tex. I was full on bounce on the first two circuits but the bear kicks finished me off and then I was really phoning it in during the third circuit as I was knackered from going full throttle at the beginning. I also totally lost coordination during the (not hard) kick things right at the end, second time round and I couldn't make my hands and legs work together (which is always a sign I'm knackered; I can't run downhill safely when I'm past that point for example). I actually didn't hate fast feet so much this time round.

I forgot to say this morning that the bloody stretches are my nemesis in strength. :lol: That kneeling quad stretch makes me fall over at the best of times and today I got cramp in my calf trying to do it. That's not supposed to be the hard bit. :lg:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

My bastard fitbit recognised the steps in that but has not classed it as exercise. :bomb:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

She does the kneeling quad stretch in something else (NMTZ?) and I can’t do it at all. Something always twists or cramps. I’ve given up trying and just do a standing stretch.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Mountain Goat wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:21 pm My bastard fitbit recognised the steps in that but has not classed it as exercise. :bomb:
I think the non HR ones only recognise a long stretch of regular movement. There’s too much changing about in this.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

It is definitely difficult like that but it recognised it yesterday so now I feel like I didn't do it hard enough today or something, even though I know full well I did it with more verve. :lg:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

It's like you were watching. :lol:
Disco

Post by Disco »

I would set the fitbit each time, Goat. Tell it you're doing exercise then you'd have a record of each session. Although I guess without the heart rate bit it doesn't really give much in the way of stats. I can see on mine that I spent 24 mins in the peak zone today (cardio) and only 15 yesterday.

I love fast feet in this compared to hating it in shred or ripped and I like the football kick-outs. They make me feel a bit agile. :lol: