Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix & YogaInferno & KillerAbs)

Texaco Shirley

Re: Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix)

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Mountain Goat wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:50 pm Strength also done here. Today I was tired and peak soreness so it was a bit brutal but I did ok, still on learner levels for a few things and the last circuit breaks me (I cannot do that first plank move where you move your knee up to your elbow). I of course have no idea about calorie burn but I was sweating like it was cardio so think it was probably the most intensive so far for me too.
That’s a truly horrible move.

I’ve just found a list of all the moves. Out of 20 in total I think I do learner option for 5 and generally fall over or otherwise mess up another 5.
Mountain Goat

Re: Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix)

Post by Mountain Goat »

Ooh, can you post the link please?
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

It's https://2lazy4gym.com/2014/03/19/one-week-shred/

It's quite a good blog, she's reviewed a lot of JM workouts.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Thank you! These are the ones I do learner moves on:

- side to side push ups (I do a few full ones but most on my knees)
- reverse plank to table (I step rather than jump)
- hollow man/pike crunch (I don't use weights but I also don't put my hands on the floor so not sure if that's a modification, but I do tend to die before the last one)

And these are the ones I do officially but I'm crap at so don't actually do what I'm supposed to:

I technically do the surfer get ups "properly" but I don't often get low enough.
There isn't really a modification for the plank with the knee variations ( I don't think?) so I officially do the proper one but actually just lie there waving my knee awkwardly, looking confused.
The ab hold and jumping from side to side one - I don't get very far in with my jump, it's more across than up.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Similar here, side to side press ups on my knees and stepping on the table top to reverse plank. I definitely do learner on the twisting ab hold thing, stepping rather than jumping and hollow man rather than pike press up. The standing splits I definitely kick out horizontally rather than vertically.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I do learner moves on:

- side to side push ups; all on my knees
- reverse plank to table (I did four jumps then stepped it out)
- low plank jump feet in to sides (I start off jumping then finish off stepping)
- punching forward then punching up (I do it on my knees)
- bear kick outs (start full; finish stepping)
- one armed burpees (step it all out)
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Yes, I probably don't exactly kick to the ceiling like our Kenta. :)) In fact I would hate to see a video of myself, I expect I'm not doing it quite as I think I am.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:32 pm The standing splits I definitely kick out horizontally rather than vertically.
Oh god, I do too. My legs are definitely at 90 degrees rather than 180. These are my problem muscles that end up pinging. I say they're my hamstrings but I don't really know if they are. I'm really not supple and can't spread my legs very wide :lol: :look:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

:lol:

I do learner on quite a few cardio as well I think. I’ll try to pay attention this evening
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I did some of the punching forwards/up one on my knees today, but had done it fully the other times.

For the cardio, similar: I'm pretty sure I do something a bit lame with the bear kick outs but I can't remember what, and I do two handed burpees. I also take advantage of the circle runs and trot around in a leisurely fashion which would make Jillian shout at me. :) I tend to do the squat thrusts slower than I'm supposed to as well (not consciously, it's just a bad habit and I can't seem to shake the rhythm I've got used to; if I consciously make myself start faster I still slip back. I also do the plank jacks faster than I'm supposed to and want to die half way through).
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I do learner bear kicks and 2 handed burpees but I have decided that the learner jump squats are actually harder than the real thing. Squat thrusts I do slowly because they’re really hard and I don’t have the space to run round in proper circles. I also fail to lift my knee particularly high for high knees and I don’t reach right down for skaters (mostly because I’m likely to head butt the wall) although I do jump rather than step. Other than that my rock star jumps are underwhelming and I tend to have balance issues with front kicks and knee thrusters, depending how tired I am. Oh, I also have balance issues with the pendulum lunge/halo chops in strength.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I don't reach right down for skaters either. I lack the coordination as much as anything. I do try to not tap though (but fail every so often).
Disco

Post by Disco »

I totally dial it in running in circles, rock star jumps and high knees, the second set of knee thrusters are done so lethargically I look like I'm being played in slo-mo.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I've bloody done it.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Well done. I’m about to go in.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I'm waiting for Mr G to get home and go out for his run, and I'll do it then. I want to get it over and done with NOW though. How was it, Dics?
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Gahh that was hard. 319 calories and I am sweating like a pig :flirt: I didn’t even manage all the burpees.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I'm still waiting: he's home now but has decided to do the bins before going out. Hurry up!

I'm expecting it to feel hard today for sure.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I don't know about Disco but I'm definitely deceased.