Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix & YogaInferno & KillerAbs)

Texaco Shirley

Re: Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix)

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Well, I don’t quite know what to say about that. :)) A lot of it was as expected but I don’t have space to run round in circles and the burpees were everything I feared. My watch is telling me I’m doing too much training, it might explode by the end of the week :lol:
Mountain Goat

Re: Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix)

Post by Mountain Goat »

Yes, my circles were not generously sized. And sort of ovoid. I found my inability to do those properly quite a relief in honesty. :))

My entry level Fitbit is telling me I've not done anywhere near enough today, and have only burnt 173 calories. :lg: That thing is the rewarder of mediocrity though. If I walked to Tesco Express and bought a bag of Wispa Mini Bites, it would applaud me for my dedication to exercise.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Mine is based on cumulative effect over 7 days and given that my HR while exercising tends to be excessive I think it’s a bit worried about me.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Also, 173 calories?! Mine reckons 564 across both workouts.
Last edited by Texaco Shirley on Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Mountain Goat wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:25 pm Yes, my circles were not generously sized. And sort of ovoid. I found my inability to do those properly quite a relief in honesty. :))
:)) I totally used these circles to take it easy and get my breath back. I only have room for very tiny circles. My long jumps weren't very long either. While I was doing it I remembered that the whole thing really knackers my knees up so there's that to look forward to as well.

My fitbit reckons about 430 over both. Is your fitbit on your wrist properly, Goat?
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

It's really basic and crap, and it didn't register the strength workout as exercise even (nor did I tell it to, as it's a bit pointless as it wouldn't tell me anything helpful about it). I don't really use it to record exercise, I use it to see how active/inactive I am when I'm not actively exercising if that makes sense. I do have a basic Garmin but I really only use that when I'm running more seriously, so it's just sitting in my drawer - Runkeeper is accurate enough for the breathless pottering I'm managing at the moment. Anyway so definitely ignore my counter, it's bollocks, I'm glad to have yours recording things accurately.
Disco

Post by Disco »

As predicted my knees are killing me.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh I missed your post there! I'm not sure, maybe it needs to be tighter. But it's the most basic model and it never seems to take any notice of Shred or anything that's not full cardio for more than 20 minutes. There's no heart rate stuff going on so I guess it just does an average aerobic thing for 30 minutes. I don't take much notice of it really.

Your poor knees! I'm getting a bit sore around the thighs but I expect it to kick in properly tomorrow.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

My non HR Fitbit never registered shred either. I think the movement is too irregular for it to recognise.

I can mostly feel my triceps this morning. Tricep dips/crab kicks are definitely on the hate list.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Yes my triceps are making themselves known to me this morning.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Mine too (and my shoulders), but not painfully, which is surprising. I'm not very sore at all really.

I read last night that it's a critical part of the programme that you do the two sessions at different points of the day to keep your metabolism raised for longer. Real or woo? I have time today to do them with more time between them but I'm still sighing at all the changing of clothes it involves (because as anyone can tell, that's the hard part of this).
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I can’t see strength going well today. Or any day really.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I think that’s real goat. As it presumably keeps the metabolism up for some time after each activity.
Disco

Post by Disco »

JM does say that too at the beginning.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I think it is real. Afterburn seems to be the latest buzzword in fitness.

I’m looking at 12pm and 5/6pm today till Friday. Actually probably the weekend too so I can fit in Parkrun and A’s football match Sunday morning.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I’ll be doing 1pm and 3.30 so not ideal but better than no gap.

Rest of the week will be AM and PM.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I missed her saying that! OK, I will go for 12 and 6 today. It's so much nicer feeling that you're done for the day. :lg:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

She does bang on a bit in the intro.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I think I was too busy panicking to listen.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Actually I might have skipped the intro, as I'd done it before (years ago) and I think had stopped it so it went straight to main menu.