Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix & YogaInferno & KillerAbs)

Disco

Re: Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix)

Post by Disco »

:lol:

I had to dry my hair and then cook dinner.

Good work, fellow shredders.

It was hard, wasn't it. Every time they started a new move, the words "Oh fuck, NO!" kept coming out of my mouth. I reckon two armed burpees are harder than the one armed step out burpee.
Mountain Goat

Re: Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix)

Post by Mountain Goat »

I couldn't write any more just then as I came back upstairs to find Moo fast asleep on my keyboard, my Amazon basket dangerously on screen full of things I haven't definitely decided to buy, the whole screen tipped to portrait, and the mouse no longer working. :lg:

That was a bit brutal. I phoned it in on bear twists by sort of collapsing on the floor when she told me to do the other leg and on burpees by pretending to myself that I needed to stand and watch what to do for a little while before starting. But it's done, and when tomorrow's done, we'll be more than half way. :disco: Except I'm going out tonight and while I have no plans for it being wild and hangover inducing, I am already a bit dreading the impact on tomorrow.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh really? I haven't tried the one armed step out burpee, I'll give that a go. I'M ONLY CHEATING MYSELF, and I don't mind.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Oh no. George once walked across my laptop keyboard and turned it some some weird privacy setting that the IT bods at work couldn't even sort out. I've got a new one now.

I hate all bear moves so much and did drop to my knees to catch my breath for slightly longer than recommended on the twists.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Mountain Goat wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:15 pm Oh really? I haven't tried the one armed step out burpee, I'll give that a go. I'M ONLY CHEATING MYSELF, and I don't mind.
I find them easier because there's no exerting yourself by jumping like you do with two armed burpees.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I tried them briefly but my left shoulder wasn’t having any of it. Oddly it’s OK with the plank twisty press thing.

I’m not sure whether I’m trying harder, getting tired with cumulative effect or actually losing fitness here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I dunno. I doubt you're losing fitness. I find my "for a woman of your age" stat goes down when I start something new. I noticed today I'm "very good to excellent" rather than the "excellent" I was two days ago.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

You’re probably right. It’s more likely to be a combination of familiarity with the moves and cumulative tiredness.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Strength done! That felt a bit harder doing it straight after waking up but I do feel energised for the day now.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Well done! I couldn’t do that at all :lol:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Are either of you noticing any impact from doing this? It strikes me as more of an endurance exercise with no noticeable benefit to my weight or shape.

In the interests of full disclosure we have been finishing off the Christmas cake this week :lol:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Not particularly, but I'm also eating like a bear that's just come out of hibernation. But to be honest I don't really notice these things on myself until the change is quite pronounced, because I'm not very observant and also because I seem to shrink and inflate day to day regardless.

I'm impressed, Dics! I could NOT.

I feel ok today after going out but I'm not looking forward to this.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I apparently inflate/deflate according to mood.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Like the Incredible Hulk? :love2:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Exactly like that. But less green.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Just realised I'm going to have to do both sessions around the same time today. Ugh. I don't even want to do one. I'll take a half hour or so break between them but I can't spread them out much further. Though to be fair, I'm doing toad in the hole for tea so I think the benefits of double afterburn would have been cancelled out at least a sausage ago.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

There is no amount of afterburn that can cancel out TITH.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Such a mystery how I've not lost half a stone yet.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I have done strength with slightly less calorie burn than yesterday. This is probably a good thing as I believe my watch is getting increasingly concerned about my exercise load. It’s going to go mental if I add parkrun on Saturday.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Will it automatically connect to 999 if you go any higher?

I just did strength too and kind of enjoyed it, perhaps partly because I was so not looking forward to it. It all felt fine (well, some were difficult and I had to adapt of course, but I didn't dread/loathe anything) until circuit bloody 4, my nemesis. However even on that I did much better than other days first time through (which isn't saying that much) but that finished me off and second time through I had to collapse into learner moves half way through on many of the moves. Will try upping the weights tomorrow (at least for some moves) when I presumably won't have the same post-wine fug as today.

Moo came and helpfully joined me for table top to reverse planks, where he settled himself under my table, and for the swimmer ones, where he circled me, which meant I had to do just plain supermans (and still accidentally punched him in the face). Obviously I was gutted to have to moderate that.

Taking a short break now for water and crying, then into motherfucking cardio. I actually feel good, but not so good that I want to do cardio. :))