Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix & YogaInferno & KillerAbs)

Mountain Goat

Re: Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix & Yoga Inferno)

Post by Mountain Goat »

I think we have the same issue actually, my arse width isn't the issue, it's that there isn't space underneath so either my bum is too big or my arms are too short, and I have quite simian arms. :)) Going to have a go at the back curving NOW. :disco:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Mountain Goat

Re: Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix & Yoga Inferno)

Post by Mountain Goat »

I MANAGED ONE. I'm not sure I could ever manage two, mind. That played havoc with my arms and abs. Which means I now understand the point. :))
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I just tried to demonstrate it to Mr G and weirdly I can't do it with my hands flat on the floor and have to raise onto my finger tips, which I will probably snap off. I then tried to demo crow push ups on a polished wooden floor and my arm skidded and I very nearly did myself a very embarrassing mischief. :))
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Yoga Inferno again tonight. It’s still an odd mix of things I can’t do properly and things which are really easy. I think it’s a good balance for 3 lots of running each week so I’ll stick with it for now but I think I will need to change to something more difficult soon. I might go to 2 lots of killer abs plus 1 yoga thing per week once we’re back from Abu Dhabi.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I did 6W6P level 2 today. I 'enjoyed' it. It feels like it's a simplified version of 1WS. A lot of the moves are similar but not as complicated. Wrists are still strong too.

I think I'm starting KIller Abs or Hard Body at the beginning of March and will continue with 6W6P/FFKB throughout Feb.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Rest today today which is a relief as we’re all a bit broken (not to mention broke, parkrun cost us £20 in ill-advised incentivisation yesterday :lol: ).

Bizarrely I’ve just had a strava follow request from a local boxer that I’ve never met and I don’t believe we have any mutual friends. I’d only have crossed his radar via parkrun so I wonder if he just goes through the list of strava users who parkrun Frome and follows them all. If so he has too much time on his hands :)) He’ll soon get bored with my Jillian acronyms though.
Disco

Post by Disco »

That's weird. Have you accepted him?!

I also rested yesterday but today I have done L1 of 6W6P. I really like it. I hated it before but that was probably after 6 weeks, I guess.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I somehow wrenched my shoulder in my sleep on Friday night and was in horrible pain over the weekend. :( I couldn't do Ripped, I would have been ok to go running on Sunday if only it weren't for the small matter of 80mph winds and flying wheelie bins. :)) So I slumped into lethargy.

I just did Ripped (L2, D3), but am having a crappy day and was feeling harassed and distracted throughout. It was ok, but I wasn't really in the right headspace and didn't put my back into it enough.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Ouch the shoulder wrench sounds sore. Is it back to normal today?
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Yes, it's suddenly fine, like nothing ever happened, even in crow push ups.

I had been laughing on Friday about my subconscious and her habit of making me wake up with song lyrics somehow appropriate to my situation embedded in my head, and on Saturday morning I woke up in excruciating shoulder pain with Taylor Swift singing "Someday I'll be living in a big old city/And all you're ever going to be is mean" in my head, so I think she got her own back. :lg:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I did accept him, mostly because I couldn’t see any real reason not to. I didn’t mind 6W6P once I’d worked out what was going on with it. It was incredibly confusing to start with.

Your shoulder sounds weird and painful Goat. I hope it doesn’t do it again.

I’m back to yoga inferno tonight but I might start something new once we’re back from Abu Dhabi.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Yoga inferno L2 done. I feel as thoughI know what’s going on now. I still overbalance a fair bit and I can’t do the lat pull down things with weights but it feels like I’m taking part more than observing. It’s definitely low intensity but given how high my HR gets when I run that’s probably a good thing. I don’t want it exploding.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:02 pm I did accept him, mostly because I couldn’t see any real reason not to.
Ah, I'm not one to connect with people I've never met over social media :)) :wave:

We definitely don't want any explosions on this thread unless they're explosions of kinetic power :toot:

I'm glad your shoulder made a miraculous recovery, Goat.

I was thinking today - 6W6P - that my wrists and hamstrings appear to have made a miraculous recovery. When I did 6W6P before, I couldn't do the side planks with knee thing because my wrists were sprained most of the 6 weeks and I was always pinging my hamstrings by simply doing the most benign side lunging.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I don’t have much info on my strava profile and I never run from my actual house so it doesn’t really give much away.

Good news on your various fragile joints, obviously something is working.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Yoga inferno and back to level 1. Sadly it is just harder than level 2 rather than me having improved.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

That's annoying.

Speaking of annoying I've had a shit week and due to being messed about (reasonably, due to client's sickness, but still annoyingly) I ended up not being able to run last night, and not being able to do Ripped today. I've been waiting for calls that don't happen and then get rescheduled (and shift my exercise plans accordingly) and then get rescheduled again, to the time when I had rescheduled my exercise for. I could put my foot down and say I'm not available but I actually really need to have the fucking calls more than the client does, so I'm biting off my own nose if I don't go with the reschedule. :ruby: So I am feeling fat and lethargic as a result. :lg:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

That’s even more annoying than yoga. I got surprisingly twitchy yesterday when It looked like the weather was going to be too bad to run.

Can you Rip this evening or is it too late now?
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Going out in ten minutes so no. I only had about 30 minute gap between work and that too. I'll get my steps in but it's hardly the same.
Disco

Post by Disco »

That's annoying, Goat. I had an electrician being vague about when he was coming over: "morning" but when pressed gave a time of 14:00hrs :? and adhered to the afternoon time so I was able to plan my exercise in. So I did 6W6P L1 again today. JM would be proud as I really pushed it out today.