Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix & YogaInferno & KillerAbs)

Texaco Shirley

Re: Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix & Yoga Inferno)

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Thank you!

Sounds like you had a good night out :)) I am still trying to shift the tail end of a horrific headache from Friday night. I thought it had gone but it’s threatening again so I’m not committing to today yet.
Mountain Goat

Re: Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix & Yoga Inferno)

Post by Mountain Goat »

Welcome back! I'm sorry about your headache/hangover.

I rested on Saturday and did a 13 mile walk on Sunday. My glutes are really sore today: they're not usually sore from walking but I guess it was the cumulative effect of Jillian torture plus walking.

I plan to do Ripped today but am having such a crappy week/month/year and god only knows what will actually happen.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Disco

Post by Disco »

Under par all round. I hope you both feel better asap.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I’ve decided to sack it off and get my exercise from finishing unpacking. I think relentless recycled air over the last few days is a major factor so starting back with outdoor exercise tomorrow is probably my best bet.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I've sacked it off too. I'm bloody exhausted and also lacked time. I thought about going for an angry run but ran out of time.

Then I made dinner, confit duck, potato and celeriac mash, braised red cabbage, broc, and made a port pan sauce and it was a bit thin and needed rounding so I added a drop of cream to it. Poured it over the dinner. Turns out the cream was off. :ruby: I FUCKING SWEAR THIS BLOODY MONTH.

And my throat is sore.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Oh no! I reckon you could manage a pretty successful angry run tomorrow if you can find the time.
Disco

Post by Disco »

That is devastating Goat! I'm so sad for past, hungry you.

I've done 1WS cardio. I wanted to phone it in while I was doing it so was amazed to see I got my highest calories burned per minute ever :frolic:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh well done!

I ate most of it, I just avoided the saucy bits. And I didn't tell Mr G as he has no taste buds and probably didn't notice. :look: I was careful not to let Moo have any sauce though (I saved him a bit of duck and washed it first). :lol:

I just had a pretty successful angry Ripped instead of run. The sledgehammer squat wallops in the warm up are very satisfying when you're consumed with fury. Generally I noticed that almost everything was a bit easier after a couple of rest days. It was still all very hard, but the degree of burning agony in the targeted muscle was significantly less.
Disco

Post by Disco »

The saucy bits are the best bits though! Rancid sauce aside. :lol:

Well done for your rage Ripped. It does make a big difference when your muscles aren't fatigued. That's probably why my session was so good. I'm going to do KB in a short while.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I've kick boxed and it was good and bouncy and happy.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I think a ragey Goat doing sledgehammers would be quite a sight.

I have run. It was cold and horrible and hard but it does appear to have cleared my head a bit.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Glad it's helped to clear your head a bit and well done. Are you starting killer abs tomorrow?
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I probably will. According to my plan Weds is Yoga Inferno but that assumes I got off my arse and did killer abs on Monday.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Happy bouncy kick boxing sounds excellent fun, unlike cold horrible run. But clearing your head makes it worth it.

I did a run as it is finally not pissing it down - I just did a random Erin interval one. My cardio is a bit crap at the moment, I'm finding it harder than I should on Ripped too, I'm a bit ill but not properly so I guess it's that but I'm not sure. Anyway, did 15 1 minute intervals, which I intended to do at a pace of righteous fury but actually did at a moderated pace of god-is-this-over-yet. I still don't like the hill.

I haven't been for any sort of a run for a little while, and the idea was that while I'm doing a Jillian that's really pushing me (as Ripped L3 is) to do runs that are keeping things ticking over but not massively challenging, as trying to push on both fronts is just too much. After Ripped I'll probably do Yoga Meltdown for a bit and push harder on the run days. Etc.

Have you Killer Abbed yet Tex? Or Yoga Infernoed?
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Well done on keeping going even if it wasn’t righteously furious.

I haven’t done anything yet today, I was thinking I could fit it in between work and school run as A has a club today but I made the mistake of phoning my mum at 2.40 and was still on the phone too late to start. I will try to do killer abs later although I am also not quite well so I’m not sure how it will go.
Disco

Post by Disco »

You did well, Goat. It's very parky out there.

I did about half of 1WS strength. I had a hygienist appointment that I thought was at half past the hour. During shred I thought I'd better check the appointment time only to discover it was at ten past the hour so I had to abort mission, shower and go. I can't be arsed to get active again so I am under a blanket, drinking tea and watching telly.

I hope you both feel better soon.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Killer Abs done. It wasn’t as killer as I was expecting which is probably a good thing. There are 4 repeated circuits of 5 moves each with very little cardio. Not too confusing apart from the dancing crabs.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

That sounds like you might need to see a doctor. :mrgreen:

Interesting, I haven't ever done this one but the lack of cardio appeals (especially if I want to push on the bloody running). How long is this one?
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

In other news, I just got changed into my pyjamas and they are slightly too loose and I keep having to hike them up. :love2:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

It’s 30 minutes plus warm up/cool down.

Good news on the PJs, assuming you don’t need to answer the door or anything.