Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix & YogaInferno & KillerAbs)

Texaco Shirley

Re: Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix)

Post by Texaco Shirley »

My main problem with the breast stroke thing (apart from looking like a twat obv) was lack of space. I think the single worst move was the reverse plank, I could just about do the learner version but my shoulder will not tolerate jumping my feet in from that position.

Good luck with the cardio. Maybe have a paper bag/paramedic handy in case Joy starts hyperventilating.
Mountain Goat

Re: Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix)

Post by Mountain Goat »

Yes, I tried the jump initially and just could not, my shoulders aren't injured in any way but they're just not ready for that kind of impact. My lack of grace may be part of this. :)) There were a few where I had space issues, the one with sort of oblique sit ups was a pain. I had no choice but to do the learner version because there was no room to have my legs stretched right out (at least not the position I was lying in, I'll know for next time).

She's had some salmon and carrot and a quiet chat so I'm hoping she'll be ok and just go for a nap now. I'm glad she has such faith in me.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Did you notice they didn’t have mats at all? That must be painful for some of it.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I've done it! I have the benefit of having done the strength one twice at some point before xmas so there was definitely less flailing than then but I had to make some adaptions for fear of wrists snapping. I simply couldn't do that plank row punching forwards, then twisting around to punch skywards so was on my knees for that. I didn't do any jumping apart from the silver surfers. Those press ups where you favour one side I have terrible form, I wasn't sure if my hands were where they should be and my wrists were hurting so after a few attempts I just did normal press ups.

It was a good calorie burn though.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:37 pm Did you notice they didn’t have mats at all? That must be painful for some of it.
Yes, I though that. I'm so glad I've got a mat in time for this.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

The side to side press ups are impossible.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I'm glad it's not just me!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Yes, I was just sort of half heartedly dipping slightly to the side, I couldn't really work out what I should do. And couldn't have done it if I could.

I just did the cardio and it wasn't as bad as I thought (bear in mind I thought it would be hideous, as I don't enjoy back to back cardio), though I could NOT do single arm burpees, I felt like my shoulder would collapse. And Joy freaked out again in the last circuit. I'm beginning to think she might be a furry heart rate monitor and she goes off when it gets too high. I now smell like a goat (appropriately).

Only three circuits for cardio, and no warm up, so it's a bit shorter. It's a good workout and most of it is doable, if hard-going (there's not really any rest between anything).
Disco

Post by Disco »

Well done!

I'll be doing it after 4 today as I've got to take George for his vaccinations.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I still don’t really think she’s serious about one armed burpees :lol: At least with cardio the moves are generally easy to understand. I nearly tied myself in a knot trying to do the pendulum lunge halo dips earlier.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I like those and the cauldron leg raise sit up thing. A one armed burpee is extremely unlikely to ever happen for me.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh god yes, I couldn't work out what went where with the pendulum things, but I liked the cauldrons. There are so many moves, I can't remember what the highlights/lowlights were now.

The moves were mostly straightforward for the cardio, there were only a few that were complicated. Most of them are in Shred/Ripped and have a comforting familiarity compared to the strength workout. :)) There was some sort of bear/downward dog/pike press up combo which was confusing, especially as you're facing the floor and can't check what's what.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

My target for tomorrow is to do circuit 3 (? The one where you mostly stand on one leg) without falling over.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I don’t think that combo is as complicated as it sounds but getting your hands in the right place is important.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh, actually that was in strength wasn't it? :panic: There's some other bear based thing in the cardio, maybe twists.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I am a fan of everything you do on one leg.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

We were actually cross posting then and I didn't see you had already referenced the one leg thing. :))

Yes, I only mentioned it as I thought it was in cardio and was one of the more complicated ones, but it was in strength, where it was not one of the more complicated ones. There is a bear thing in cardio that I didn't much like though.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I didn’t like the plank thing where you had to bring your knee in wrist-elbow-wrist alternating arms. It was harder than it looked.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I will do the cardio after the second school run. Can’t wait.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Yes! It didn't sound/look hard, and yet.

I'm excited for you both. :)) And glad to have it over with myself. :))